Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When does St. Vic get heat for 2nd half defense

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Fangio is NOT above serous criticism here. He sucked, too. But these players have no fire,

can't hit, can't tackle, can't get a sack, can't get a turnover- NOTHING is working. Fangio

could call a perfect game, but the way THESES players are playing right now- they would

lose anyway. They MUST get it together, or the season is toast. I'm not going yo mention
the offense. Forgt about it.

Hopefully season is done, get a high draft pick, fire Sirianni and cut Hurts.

48 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Hopefully season is done, get a high draft pick, fire Sirianni and cut Hurts.

I doubt very many Eagles fans are hoping that.

24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I doubt very many Eagles fans are hoping that.

True.

I was just stating my thoughts, as long as Sirianni is the coach, this team is a 1st round exit playoff side at best, that is if they make it that far, which I no longer feel they will. I much rather a high draft pick at this stage, Eagles aren't winning anything meaningful this season...

I was thinking about last year and how we had a glaring weakness at CB2 for most of the 1st half of the season. We tried replacing Jackson with Ringo and then Ringo with Jackson and it didn't look promising. Eventually Jackson started playing better and was what I'd call solid. Maybe that will happen at safety. Maybe Campbell will improve too. The problem with losing both Dean and Blankenship is Dean wore the green dot and Blank was responsible for communication in the secondary. Not only are we replacing two starters, but asking somebody else to assume their communication responsibilities. Dean was a rising star and Blank was an average safety. But both were very smart. Both were natural leaders.

The defense looked a lot like 23 when they completely quit. The loss isn't really the problem in and of itself, it's the way they lost. That was ugly. I really hate the Bears now.

With the Rams coming up at 1-2 needing a win badly, and Sirianni being 4-0 against them it's going to be another rough outing this Sunday.

At least it's at 1pm, the best time for a football game.

On 9/23/2026 at 12:47 PM, Erie said:

Comparing LBs to DTs feels like a fool's errand.

But the drop off from Jordan Davis to Ty Robinson feels greater than the drop off from Dean to Campbell.

Whelp after this week its clear that Nakobe Dean was the heart and soul of the defense. He's absolutely killing it on the Raiders. Meanwhile Davis is playing on reduced snaps and non existent.

Can't disagree with what you are saying. But we didn't know how Nakobe was going to return from injury and Campbell fell to us the draft. We simply can't sign everyone. We made a reasonable business decision trying to manage the cap.

I will say that if Campbell can't pull it together soon, it might be time to see what Trotter, Jr. has in him.

We’re clearly missing Nakobe. A leader, a tackler, a blitzer. Maybe Campbell can develop two of those traits.

Reed wasn’t the best S in the world, but he seemed to at least be around the ball a lot more than the current mess back there.

Seasons still very early. My hopes are that the mistakes (missed tackles, out of position, no turnovers) and growing pains evaporate.

the phillies are still playing. eagles defense won't be getting better until the phillies are done. this has what transpired the past 2 years.

On 9/23/2026 at 1:19 PM, Mike030270 said:

Longer leash because of the dominate performance in the SB win. Also that heat was likely a huge factor. Hopefully it's just a slow start that we thankfully have still snuck in Ws

Let’s hope so because the Defense sucks. First season (so far) that they’re the weakest part of the team instead of the strongest.

And that’s saying a lot considering the state of the O line.

On 10/1/2026 at 1:43 AM, Jeep_man said:

True.

I was just stating my thoughts, as long as Sirianni is the coach, this team is a 1st round exit playoff side at best, that is if they make it that far, which I no longer feel they will. I much rather a high draft pick at this stage, Eagles aren't winning anything meaningful this season...

I mean I’m on your side of this that I’m ready for Sirianni to go. But it’s not right to say with Sirianni as coach this team is a 1st round playoff exit side at best. Because they’ve won the SB and been to another when they were really close. But yes I do agree that Sirianni needs to go. Which is crazy but is how I feel.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I’m on your side of this that I’m ready for Sirianni to go. But it’s not right to say with Sirianni as coach this team is a 1st round playoff exit side at best. Because they’ve won the SB and been to another when they were really close. But yes I do agree that Sirianni needs to go. Which is crazy but is how I feel.

Eagles reaching the superbowl, playoffs and winning the superbowl had zero to do with Sirianni.

I keep saying::: Sirianni is the luckiest sob on the planet, making 15mill a year or whatever his salary is, doing absolutely nothing, contributing nothing to the team's success other than his dumb antics on the sideline. This clown should take a lottery ticket for a 100mill jackpot, he will win it with the luck he has got going right now...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.