Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When does St. Vic get heat for 2nd half defense

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Time to panic

I didn’t see that coming, but troubling to watch

I know the NFL is a week to week league. I know they could go and shutdown the Rams high powered offense and suddenly things look rather different.

But i don’t see it. The DL isn’t good enough despite the money invested at DT. Davis hasn’t developed as a pass rusher and I’m starting to think Carter isn’t going to fulfill his potential.

Coop looks lost, the safeties are poor. There’s no pressure up front and no ability to cover in the secondary. And the LBs look lost because I don’t think the combo of Baun and Campbell work. Oh and they don’t force turnovers and they can’t tackle. And they are soft.

Yeesh.

Plenty of time to get it straightened out.

But……yeesh.

On 9/25/2026 at 10:58 AM, SwingOnThis said:

What a stupid Fing thread.

You were saying………….

Not good at all. I swear several times last night the Eagles were within fingertips of a Pick 6. But it didn't happen. They didn't get enough pressure on Case Keenum and he picked them apart.

The Rams are 1-2, looking desperate for a win after getting one stolen in Denver. Puka Nacua could return for this game. The situation isn't getting any better for the Eagles D.

Vic is a good def coordinator, but his teams eventually struggle by year three or four, then he moves on. Whether they dont buy into the scheme anymore, the players are a bad fit for his scheme, teams learn enough to eventually abuse his scheme, or a mix of it all, Vic defenses just fizzle out.

However, we do know that there are players that shouldnt be on that defense, or any NFL roster for that matter. We know theres some talented slackers who are stealing money on that defense. We know some players should be playing better on that defense, but for now Vic and these players are failing to execute and/or his scheme is not effective anymore.

TBH, everybody thought they'd run all over us and we had a good plan to prevent that. Case had a great game, but it was by inches. Some might call that luck. I thought there were a couple penalties against the defense that shouldn't have been called, that extended drives.

If there was any positives from last night... Greenard flashed a few times.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know the NFL is a week to week league. I know they could go and shutdown the Rams high powered offense and suddenly things look rather different.

But i don’t see it. The DL isn’t good enough despite the money invested at DT. Davis hasn’t developed as a pass rusher and I’m starting to think Carter isn’t going to fulfill his potential.

Coop looks lost, the safeties are poor. There’s no pressure up front and no ability to cover in the secondary. And the LBs look lost because I don’t think the combo of Baun and Campbell work. Oh and they don’t force turnovers and they can’t tackle. And they are soft.

In all fairness to Carter, he's consistently double teamed and held. He's also playing with a wrist injury. The other guys need to step their game up and take advantage of the attention he draws.

The season is still early. I don't think it's time to panic.

Please get Epps out of there, and get Trott Jr. more reps?

I knew the S room was bad, I’ve been saying it since like May (once in a while I’m right about something, LOL).

18 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Please get Epps out of there, and get Trott Jr. more reps?

I knew the S room was bad, I’ve been saying it since like May (once in a while I’m right about something, LOL).

I knew S was gonna be the weak link on the defense but didn't expect the whole unit to play like slop 😭😭

3 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

didn't expect the whole unit to play like slop 😭😭

Yeah, this is surprising to me as well. No one is really making any plays at this point, so far. And it’s not like there’s a new D system in place to learn. Odd.

I think Roseman is waiting for a couple more games, but he has trade bait to go out a get a safety and/or a pass rusher.

The defensive line is a mystery......these guys are not playing up to their potential/hype. Smith and Hunt have been very disappointing.

The best thing that could happen for the defensive backfield is the eagles get a hard pass rush....but, like we saw last night, any QB can stand back there with no pressure and find a receiver. Fangio called some corner blitzes that didn't work either.

But even it Roseman picks up a good safety, no pass rush = big problems.

  • Author

@time2rock @SkippyX @brkmsn @Diehardfan

St. Vic's defense just got gashed by a third string quarterback!

I rest my case.

1 minute ago, Rob331 said:

@time2rock @SkippyX @brkmsn @Diehardfan

St. Vic's defense just got gashed by a third string quarterback!

I rest my case.

Wow, Vic wasn't able to get past two S sucking and a LB who was lost the entire game that he's being forced to play along with his star overpaid DTs being shoved around and an offense that couldn't do crap the entire second half. The guy still coached the best defense since Reggie winning us a SB and yet you’re feeling a lot of schadenfreude about their failure, aren't you? Your case is pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

@time2rock @SkippyX @brkmsn @Diehardfan

St. Vic's defense just got gashed by a third string quarterback!

I rest my case.

Calling people out SMH. facepalm

Way to be a little beyotch.

It's not vics fault there was no pass rush. He tried to blitz about 10-12 times and that still didn't work. The players just aren't getting the job done.

So is it now week 4 or week 5 when the defense wakes up? Just so we're on the same page

7 hours ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

In all fairness to Carter, he's consistently double teamed and held. He's also playing with a wrist injury. The other guys need to step their game up and take advantage of the attention he draws.

The season is still early. I don't think it's time to panic.

In fairness to Carter yeah okay but they are paying him to be one of the best DTs in the league. So he should be having more of an impact. And if they don’t have the players along the DL to take advantage of Carter being double teamed then they have real real issues. And they shouldn’t have paid Davis.

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Calling people out SMH. facepalm

Way to be a little beyotch.

It's all good. I've learned a long time ago that doom-and-gloomers will eventually get some things right. Someone can tell me everyday I'm going to die that day. One day, they will be right. If everyday, I say, "no, I'm not," one day I'll look foolish.

Now we see what the secondary looks like without Blankenship. 😪

offense started the second half with three consecutive 3 & outs….put the defense in a horrible position.

I can imagine a path where the offense irons itself out. I don't see that on defense. Campbell needs time to develop. The edge is soft. Safety is a hot mess.

  • Author
23 hours ago, time2rock said:

Calling people out SMH. facepalm

Way to be a little beyotch.

just making sure you noticed

Fangio is NOT above serous criticism here. He sucked, too. But these players have no fire,

can't hit, can't tackle, can't get a sack, can't get a turnover- NOTHING is working. Fangio

could call a perfect game, but the way THESE players are playing right now- they would

lose anyway. They MUST get it together, or the season is toast. I'm not going to mention
the offense. Forget about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.