The Elephant in the Room

EagleVA

Not sure how this is the elephant in the room. Everyone already knows this crap and has beeching about it nonstop. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The secondary is still horrible, I didn't see anything close to a PBU or INT in two games.

I haven't seen any thing from Slay to warrant the idea that he's a shutdown corner.

Roby-Coleman hasn't shown anything.

Maddox continues to show he doesn't have what it takes

Mills is nowhere in the picture on any plays that enter his territory.

So basically our defense is composed of an aging DL with garbage behind them (LBs and Secondary).

This all goes back to who's building the team, he's doing a horrible job.

No mention of the D.C.?

3 minutes ago, Wink said:

But we have the "Genius' DF Coordinator who is SO Overated.

Are you tired of watching our guys play 10 yards off the receiver yet?

3rd and 3. 10 yd cushion.  Even my 9 year old points out how dumb that is.

5 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Seriously? :huh:

How many plays has his guy been targeted and how many plays has he given up?

I saw him targeted several times and he was 5 yards away from the receiver, that's the same coverage I see from the other scrubs.

I wish Lurie would call Doug into his office and get rid of Schwartz, please....

We are so done with him and that stupid look on his face he like he knows more than everyone.

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not sure how this is the elephant in the room. 

When no one speaks on the obvious it's called the Elephant in the Room.

• Sad 1

Pederson rolls into Lurie’s office with both front pockets wrong side out.  "Someone say the elephant in the room?”

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The secondary is still horrible, I didn't see anything close to a PBU or INT in two games.

I haven't seen any thing from Slay to warrant the idea that he's a shutdown corner.

Roby-Coleman hasn't shown anything.

Maddox continues to show he doesn't have what it takes

Mills is nowhere in the picture on any plays that enter his territory.

So basically our defense is composed of an aging DL with garbage behind them (LBs and Secondary).

This all goes back to who's building the team, he's doing a horrible job.

Ive been saying from the beginning its Jim's scheme not the players. No DB or LB will look good in his scheme. Funny how Douglas gets cut and is a starter the next day in Carolina. Im not sure why anyone would think our DBs would improve. No creativity on defense, the other teams know the coverage so as long as they are not under pressure instantly which hasnt been the case. They will light op our secondary weekly. 

• Like 1

The secondary is the least of the team's problems. Slay has been as advertised. Maddox has been adequate. NRC was good against Washington, struggled yesterday. The safeties aren't a strength but they are fine. Will Parks being out was a bigger loss than originally thought. Either way, on the team itself the secondary is about the 15th biggest problem. On the defense itself, it's FAR behind putrid LB's and an overpaid overrated DL that isn't getting to the QB.

Im confused.  I have been looking in this thread for 20 minutes and cannot find OPs mom anywhere! 

Bah! Mom joke! 

52 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Either way, on the team itself the secondary is about the 15th biggest problem. On the defense itself, it's FAR behind putrid LB's and an overpaid overrated DL that isn't getting to the QB.

Just wait, you won't be saying that by season's end, this secondary isn't any better than what we've seen in recent years.

The Rams kind of exposed Gerry today. I mean, the reason you decide to employ an undersized LB/S hybrid is to add coverage ability to the defense. Gerry had an awful game which led to 2 easy TDs for Higbee. His 2nd of 3 TDs was against NRC, but that was just a great throw and a great effort to reach out for the TD. NRC was right there and immediately had him wrapped up. 

Anyway, right now, I'd say Gerry's starting job isn't so safe. This is the kind of thing that happened to Michael Lewis after his Pro Bowl year and other teams picked up on it quickly, exposing him to an early exit from the team. They'll probably give Edwards more snaps and start looking at Bradley a little more in practice. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not sure how this is the elephant in the room. Everyone already knows this crap and has beeching about it nonstop. 

Everyone? Nonstop??

You do realize that I'm speaking on the secondary of this year's starters don't you???  That's all two games thus far.

If you would stop trying to give me a hard time you'd stop making yourself look like a fool, I mean I don't mind but I'd think you would.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I saw him targeted several times and he was 5 yards away from the receiver, that's the same coverage I see from the other scrubs.

Dude just stop. He's been targeted 6 times and given up 3 completions for 30 yards. Let me guess you want Darby back? :lol:

3 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Dude just stop. He's been targeted 6 times and given up 3 completions for 30 yards. Let me guess you want Darby back? :lol:

Darius Slay

Darius Slay is a winner once again because once again, he was not targeted. Slay is filling the exact role that the Eagles envisioned when they acquired him: erasing the opponent’s primary receiving option and forcing the ball elsewhere. It is not his fault that the rest of the defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed

Even better

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

There was another corner that wasn't targeted often and folks misread that for a good cover corner, his name was Nmandi Asomugha.

Keep in mind, it's only been two games, what I'm looking for is tight coverage and I haven't seen it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Just wait, you won't be saying that by season's end, this secondary isn't any better than what we've seen in recent years.

Lol, ok.

20 hours ago, Birdgang21 said:

How does schwartz still have a job. We are either dumbest team or worst coached team in league. Probably a combination. We spend all this money on defensive tackles only to make them non factor with scheme. Graham/sweat/barnett all pinch inside all game never keeping contain. They need to set the edge and let malik/cox/hargrave collapse pocket not give qbs ability step in to every throw and have clean passing lanes.

Instead we let them run reverses and bootlegs and expose our known linebacker weakness. 

Also we bring slay in and yet still same scheme play 10 yards off.

What dirt does schwartz have over management

This is what you do when you have no belief into your defenders. You tell them, just do not blow the big one, and they play soft off the ball.