The Elephant in the Room

EagleVA

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Three games in and Rasul Douglas is looking like a legit starting CB in Carolina. Yet couldn’t get it done in Schwartz garbage scheme. 

Understanding the limitations of a player and putting him in a position to succeed is the result of good coaching. That’s not to say Douglas is very talented though. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Understanding the limitations of a player and putting him in a position to succeed is the result of good coaching. That’s not to say Douglas is very talented though. 

Rasul has some weaknesses, but he does have a nose for the ball and is aggressive. Seeing what he looks like now in another scheme, I’m pretty confident that he can an average starter at least. 

20 minutes ago, nipples said:

Rasul has some weaknesses, but he does have a nose for the ball and is aggressive. Seeing what he looks like now in another scheme, I’m pretty confident that he can an average starter at least. 

I liked Rasul, but it never seemed like it would work here because how the Eagles use their safeties and their expectations for their corners. I don’t see Rasul as any type of world beater, but I think he has a place in the league. I have no idea what the Eagles see in Maddox. He was better at safety and in the inside than he’s ever shown for them on the outside. I guess they like that he runs fast, but he’s been exposed as much if not more than some of their other corners on the outside. I don’t know how he beat the other guys out for the job. 

56 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I liked Rasul, but it never seemed like it would work here because how the Eagles use their safeties and their expectations for their corners. I don’t see Rasul as any type of world beater, but I think he has a place in the league. I have no idea what the Eagles see in Maddox. He was better at safety and in the inside than he’s ever shown for them on the outside. I guess they like that he runs fast, but he’s been exposed as much if not more than some of their other corners on the outside. I don’t know how he beat the other guys out for the job. 

Agree on Maddox. He’s definitely better in the slot, but even there I don’t think he’s particularly good. 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Agree on Maddox. He’s definitely better in the slot, but even there I don’t think he’s particularly good. 

On top of this he’s ALWAYS injured.