The Elephant in the Room

EagleVA

14 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Everyone? Nonstop??

You do realize that I'm speaking on the secondary of this year's starters don't you???  That's all two games thus far.

If you would stop trying to give me a hard time you'd stop making yourself look like a fool, I mean I don't mind but I'd think you would.

You are the only one who constantly looks like a fool.

The elephant isn't in the room, he's in KC now... and he just won a Superbowl

(I just missed Andy fat jokes and - as a fellow fat man - decided this was the right place to inject one)

On 9/21/2020 at 9:54 AM, EagleVA said:

The secondary is still horrible, I didn't see anything close to a PBU or INT in two games.

I haven't seen any thing from Slay to warrant the idea that he's a shutdown corner.

Roby-Coleman hasn't shown anything.

Maddox continues to show he doesn't have what it takes

Mills is nowhere in the picture on any plays that enter his territory.

So basically our defense is composed of an aging DL with garbage behind them (LBs and Secondary).

This all goes back to who's building the team, he's doing a horrible job.

Slay has been mostly fantastic from what I can tell. Rod has certainly done his job most the the time. The others are surely still question marks.

9 hours ago, thepaintedman said:

Slay has been mostly fantastic from what I can tell. Rod has certainly done his job most the the time. The others are surely still question marks.

Maddox is the biggest question mark to me. 

• Like 2

Billy Davis's defenses were better than Jimmy Shortz.. Billy D only had one problem : Chip Kelly and his constant 3 and outs by the offense, which kept gassing his D.............

One positive, I re-watched the whole game and Nate Herbig was practically unmovable and kept Aaron Donald in Check. Driscol looks like a solid player as well, he bricked Chase Young and Kerrigan till he left the game with cramps. So maybe we are not all that bad at drafting ?

• Like 1

Every few months I stop by, read the boards and see the same people from the old boards making posts that make it clear they don't know football and say, "and this is why people didn't go to the new boards". 

Darius Slay isn't playing well huh? 

Wow. Just wow. 

Be back to shake my head at the same people in two months. Until then morons. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maddox is the biggest question mark to me. 

The slot guy isn’t playing well either, but I do wonder why they’re still giving 10 yard cushions when the offense needs less than five for first downs. Aren’t the guys the have now better suited to play tighter coverage? New faces yet same results. 

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The slot guy isn’t playing well either, but I do wonder why they’re still giving 10 yard cushions when the offense needs less than five for first downs. Aren’t the guys the have now better suited to play tighter coverage? New faces yet same results. 

I just think this is down to Schwartz expecting the pressure to come from his DL. And when that doesn't come (which it isn't) then the QB has some simple throws to make and our cushion makes for easy conversions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think this is down to Schwartz expecting the pressure to come from his DL. And when that doesn't come (which it isn't) then the QB has some simple throws to make and our cushion makes for easy conversions.

It’s definitely more scheme than talent. Not that they’re all that talented to begin with though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s definitely more scheme than talent.

Agreed.  Both schemes are old and tired.  When is the last time the stupid WR screen worked.  I hate that play.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Agreed.  Both schemes are old and tired.  When is the last time the stupid WR screen worked.  I hate that play.

I don’t even know why the call WR screens. They do not have the proper players to run it. 

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s definitely more scheme than talent. Not that they’re all that talented to begin with though.

Yeah I agree I think Schwartz time has now come and he needs to be moved on. He did some really good thing with this defense and they've put up some big games and come up in big moments but I think the time is right for the organisation to go a different route.

• Like 3

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I agree I think Schwartz time has now come and he needs to be moved on. He did some really good thing with this defense and they've put up some big games and come up in big moments but I think the time is right for the organisation to go a different route.

It’s time to end the wide nine system here and Schwartz here. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s time to end the wide nine system here and Schwartz here. 

How many secondary players do we need to go through this damn scheme and fail before we stop blaming the players? Even a new secondary coach is getting the same results. He puts to much pressure on his secondary to stop the run and not give up the big pass. It's hard enough on young corners to figure out the coverages let alone making them worry about the run on top of it.  If he gave a flying eff about linebackers and wasn't getting sheety pass rush from his lineman the secondary wouldn't be as big of an issue.

• Like 3

Seems to me we have a friggin'  FLOCK  of elephants in the room . . .      :huh: 

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:10 AM, Portyansky said:

The dline has no time to get to the QB due to the soft coverage and quick passing. The line and secondary need to work together. Secondary needs to play tight and our line needs to get to the QB before the WRs break free. Its simple, common sense!!

Common sense to everyone except Schwartz...

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, Portyansky said:

All blame is on JS. Soft zone on 3rd and short 🤦‍♂️. My 12yo could have picked up a 1st down.

If we had any decent LBs, our middle would not be so wide open. Everyone is to blame, including JS, Doug, Wentz who is moving into subpar QB with his interceptions, Peters who should have never been resigned...yet along allowed to play a LT. Peters was so useless, Lawson just ran circles around him. Time to scrap the junk and start a rebuild starting with a new GM and probably a new coach.

7 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

If we had any decent LBs, our middle would not be so wide open. Everyone is to blame, including JS, Doug, Wentz who is moving into subpar QB with his interceptions, Peters who should have never been resigned...yet along allowed to play a LT. Peters was so useless, Lawson just ran circles around him. Time to scrap the junk and start a rebuild starting with a new GM and probably a new coach.

I really thought we would pluck Shaquem Griffen from Seattle practice squad

Slay has been awesome. After seeing all these bunch load of crappy corners for years we might have got a nice one. So now we just need CB 2, LB 1, LB 2, S1, DE 1 and a new DC

4 hours ago, manz2821 said:

Slay has been awesome. After seeing all these bunch load of crappy corners for years we might have got a nice one. So now we just need CB 2, LB 1, LB 2, S1, DE 1 and a new DC

Shame it's going to be wasted at a time where this team is a couple of years, at least, from being competitive. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, manz2821 said:

Maybe different D.C. and different scheme. See which personnel still suck.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Three games in and Rasul Douglas is looking like a legit starting CB in Carolina. Yet couldn’t get it done in Schwartz garbage scheme.