**Discuss predictions for 2020 win/loss/tie record here**

Dweedlebug

Seriously and realistically, who do you see this team beating in the first half of the season?  I've got Cincy and the Giants.  That's pretty much it.  No confidence in them beating anyone else on the schedule through week 8.

7 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I am still not sure why anyone thinks Cincy is an automatic win...

Agreed.

Or the Giants (or really anyone) honestly.  

• Like 7

As this team is constructed right now and if this defense and quarterback keep struggling like they are I don’t see how they beat anyone without lucking into a win. The offense can’t even score 20 points while the defense can’t even stop the WTF team from scoring 27. If this keeps up it’s gonna be a long season unless Covid ends it soon. 

• Like 1

I think 2-6 is optimistic.  Taking a look at our D, we have the worst group of LBs in the league and one of the worst safety groups.  One good corner and the other a slot corner misplaced on the outside.  Any QB in the league will be able to find open receivers on almost any play.  We can't cover in the middle of the field.  We can beat Cinn and the Giants, but I think that's best case scenario, if we're allowing the other team's O to march down the field most times they have the ball.  Our passing D is dreadful and will make it hard to win any game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I just don't understand why this team seems so ill-prepared

Covid, no preseason, still can’t prevent injuries, in fighting in the front office and coaching staff, coach had covid, players getting surgeries late, poor drafting by the GM, Defensive coordinator’s scheme is stale, the quarterback has regressed, the 1,000 offensive coaches they hired are useless cause Doug still calls the plays, and I’m sure there’s stuff I missed. You could take any of these things or all of them as reasons for why they look the way they do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This team typically loses to a team they should beat (Dolphins last year e.g.) then plays up to competition and wins a game you think they shouldn't (Packers last year).

I think they have too much talent to have a horrible losing season.  They have the talent and "potential' to have a winning season but injuries and mental mistakes and general effort prevent that.  But they also have enough talent to prevent a 3 or 4 win type season.  Last year they could have easily given up and had all those injuries and they decided to step up and won the division (albeit at weak division).

The way they are playing so far and what we've seen the last 2 years they are not going to be a top team in the NFL.  They are inconsistent and get cocky thinking they are better than they are.  When they are losing like this, they just say they have to get better.  They don't seem to make necessary changes they just believe in themselves to keep fighting...which is good to fight and work hard but you also have to make changes.

Example: on the screen play to Sanders in the red zone against the Rams, on the replay I saw Jason Peters just give up his block and let his defender go right past him and tackle Sanders.  If JP gave effort, that would have been a TD.  He just held the team hostage saying he wants more money to play LT and then craps out on a key play in the red zone.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

This team typically loses to a team they should beat (Dolphins last year e.g.) then plays up to competition and wins a game you think they shouldn't (Packers last year).

I think they have too much talent to have a horrible losing season.  They have the talent and "potential' to have a winning season but injuries and mental mistakes and general effort prevent that.  But they also have enough talent to prevent a 3 or 4 win type season.  Last year they could have easily given up and had all those injuries and they decided to step up and won the division (albeit at weak division).

The way they are playing so far and what we've seen the last 2 years they are not going to be a top team in the NFL.  They are inconsistent and get cocky thinking they are better than they are.  When they are losing like this, they just say they have to get better.  They don't seem to make necessary changes they just believe in themselves to keep fighting...which is good to fight and work hard but you also have to make changes.

Example: on the screen play to Sanders in the red zone against the Rams, on the replay I saw Jason Peters just give up his block and let his defender go right past him and tackle Sanders.  If JP gave effort, that would have been a TD.  He just held the team hostage saying he wants more money to play LT and then craps out on a key play in the red zone.

JP is a hall of famer he can suck till the end of time...  According to some

25 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

5-3 at worst 

Which single team do you see us maybe losing to over the next 6 weeks?

18 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

Which single team do you see us maybe losing to over the next 6 weeks?

Cincinnati then we gonna knock out 5 in a row. 🤣. Honestly not sure. Ravens or the Cows.

Best case 2-6

50 minutes ago, nipples said:

Bengals aren’t an automatic L for this team. Hell Burrow looked more NFL ready than Wentz last week. 

Had to be said 

They have the ability to beat any team "any given Sunday" and they hurt themselves more than any other team hurts them.  And that's been the case for several years now.  I wonder if they just get overconfident and they lack execution on some basic things that need to be cleaned up.

39 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Best case 2-6

Had to be said 

Not sure if you’re agreeing with my mistake or what I was meaning to say :lol:

Corrected my post. Should have said the Bengals aren’t an automatic W, not L. 

Teams have played poorly the first couple weeks and then.......they get better.  They just need to find something that works.  Maybe running alot more and let Carson take a back seat till he gets his head outta his a**.

I know Cincy isnt very good but if they can win that game maybe it gives them some confidence going forward. 

I just want to see Carson play good again.  I know he can, we've all seen it.  The defense I dont have much faith in and it's because of who's leading it.

I know a lot of people are really frustrated at the 0-2 start (and not just being 0-2 but the manner in which we got there) and I am certainly one of them.  While I don't think ANY team we play is a "gimme" (but have always felt that way, no matter how well we are playing), I also think we have the ability to turn things around rather quickly.  I really don't think we are as bad as what we've seen thus far (spare me the "you are what your record says you are" crap).  So we could be 2-6 or 0-8 or 4-4 or 6-2 even going into the bye (I know, the odds of running off 6 in a row are extremely unlikely and I wouldn't buy it, but just sayin' ... ).  A lot of it hinges on Wentz playing better (I also don't think he is nearly as bad as he has played the past 2 weeks ... or 6 quarters).  I've come to the conclusion that it is best to have ZERO expectations for this team for the remainder of the year and hopefully it should help alleviate some of the frustration (I say that but the next ball that sails 3 feet over a receiver's head and into the arms of an opposing DB I'll probably have an aneurism anyway).  

Here's the thing...

This team is flawed of that there is no doubt. This team has major issues which need to be addressed in the long term. 

But ultimately? This is a team that has a HC who's won the SB. A QB who's played at a high level. Pieces on this team that can elevate the team.

Do I think this is a good team? No. Do I think this team could rattle off 4 or 5 consecutive wins and put itself in contention to make the play offs? Yeah I do because we've seen it all before. 

It won't ultimately do the team any good to do that but it could do that. 

Also, it figures we'd have a top 5 draft pick in  year where most major conferences in the NCAA aren't playing.  I guess the silver lining is we'd screw up the draft either way so...

13 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Also, it figures we'd have a top 5 draft pick in  year where most major conferences in the NCAA aren't playing.  I guess the silver lining is we'd screw up the draft either way so...

In the end I really don't think we're going to have a top 5 pick.  We're bad right now but I don't think this team is as bad as it seems (and Wentz isn't as bad as he is playing currently ... you don't regress from being a leading MVP candidate to worst QB in the league in 3 years).  I think they start getting their ish together and end up somewhere around 0.500 when all is said and done.  

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

In the end I really don't think we're going to have a top 5 pick.  We're bad right now but I don't think this team is as bad as it seems (and Wentz isn't as bad as he is playing currently ... you don't regress from being a leading MVP candidate to worst QB in the league in 3 years).  I think they start getting their ish together and end up somewhere around 0.500 when all is said and done.  

I don't think we are either, but those two brutal 3-game stretches of SF/PIT/BAL and SEA/GB/NO might be too much to bear.  I honestly can only see them winning one of those six games maybe.  Add the two Dallas games in and Arizona looking tough, then this is the recipe for a disastrous season. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

I don't think we are either, but those two brutal 3-game stretches of SF/PIT/BAL and SEA/GB/NO might be too much to bear.  I honestly can only see them winning one of those six games maybe.  Add the two Dallas games in and Arizona looking tough, then this is the recipe for a disastrous season. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we ended up 6-10 (that is somewhere around 0.500 :P).  I hope if we do end up with 6 wins or less it bumps Howie out of his position so we can get someone with a real eye for talent.  

1 hour ago, b_west3 said:

You never know.  In 2013 they had the #4 pick and people said it was a weak draft.  They got Lane Johnson then in the 2nd got Zack Ertz and Travis Kelce was also taken in that draft.  In the 3rd Bennie Logan who started at DT for while there at least.  

"IF" you draft well (cough cough Howie) you can get talent.  

You could also trade back and collect assets so we'll see.