**Discuss predictions for 2020 win/loss/tie record here**

Dweedlebug

36 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

What in your mind thinks that the Eagles would beat the niners?

The niners injuries. The eagles usually pull off a big win around this time of the year. Last year it was Green Bay. 

On 9/24/2020 at 9:19 AM, Eagles_All_Day said:

Cincy, giants and niners are wins

Bet you thought the same about Washington.  :whistle:

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

The 9ers injuries(basically 1 important, Kittle and Jimmy G will be back) and because of something based on last year. 

Got  it

42-20 49ers

Yeah I think a lot is being made of the 9ers injuries. Don't get me wrong they have some really bad injuries and a lot of them but some will be back in a week or so. 

I hope this team gets better as the season progress. I can fully see them stealing a game or two they shouldn't win later in the season.

They just don't look ready or interested or prepared right now, at this point. The Offense will need to score in the mid to high 20's every darn game for a chance to win, due to the current cluster that is on the D side of the ball.

Maybe we beat cinci but I believe we don't have a good chance against th 49ers.

I'm now looking at 6-10 and a Top 10 draft pick.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

You never know.  In 2013 they had the #4 pick and people said it was a weak draft.  They got Lane Johnson then in the 2nd got Zack Ertz and Travis Kelce was also taken in that draft.  In the 3rd Bennie Logan who started at DT for while there at least.  

"IF" you draft well (cough cough Howie) you can get talent.  

You could also trade back and collect assets so we'll see.

True...but Chip isn't here anymore so.. 

On 9/24/2020 at 4:38 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Covid, no preseason, still can’t prevent injuries, in fighting in the front office and coaching staff, coach had covid, players getting surgeries late, poor drafting by the GM, Defensive coordinator’s scheme is stale, the quarterback has regressed, the 1,000 offensive coaches they hired are useless cause Doug still calls the plays, and I’m sure there’s stuff I missed. You could take any of these things or all of them as reasons for why they look the way they do.

Can't use issues that every other team endures. It is like using the cap as a reason to not doing well. 

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

The most Eagles thing ever would be to lose to the Bengals & then stomp the Ravens in a few weeks. 

LOL so true. I'm just wondering which game they'll show up in when they've like 20 point underdogs.

14 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

The 9ers injuries(basically 1 important, Kittle and Jimmy G will be back) and because of something based on last year. 

Got  it

42-20 49ers

Dont usually agree with you but don’t forget to add Deebo Samuel. could play that game and is eligible to come off IR. Has look good running according to reports. 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dont usually agree with you but don’t forget to add Deebo Samuel. could play that game and is eligible to come off IR. Has look good running according to reports. 

And anyway... even with a lot of injuries they still have a better roster than us. It would be closer if some of those players are out but they would still very likely beat us.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:43 AM, NOTW said:

You never know.  In 2013 they had the #4 pick and people said it was a weak draft.  They got Lane Johnson then in the 2nd got Zack Ertz and Travis Kelce was also taken in that draft.  In the 3rd Bennie Logan who started at DT for while there at least.  

"IF" you draft well (cough cough Howie) you can get talent.  

You could also trade back and collect assets so we'll see.

Howie can't do anything well

On 9/24/2020 at 7:46 AM, NOTW said:

Example: on the screen play to Sanders in the red zone against the Rams, on the replay I saw Jason Peters just give up his block and let his defender go right past him and tackle Sanders.  If JP gave effort, that would have been a TD.  He just held the team hostage saying he wants more money to play LT and then craps out on a key play in the red zone.

This is the kind of thing somebody reads here and thinks it actually happened. I'm having a hard time finding the play you described and will go as far as saying it never happened. I wanted to review it for myself. There was a play almost in the red zone during the 1st quarter where Wentz threw a short pass to Sanders (3-6-LA 22 (7:27) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short right to M.Sanders to LA 20 for 2 yards (M.Kiser). It wasn't really a screen pass and Lane Johnson had pass protection responsibilities. Lane wasn't actually engaged with a defender and Kizer was a couple yards in front of him and ended up making the play. There was a pass rusher that Sanders tried to chip and Lane was supposed to stay back to seal the right side. This was the closest play to whatever you tried to describe. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

This is the kind of thing somebody reads here and thinks it actually happened. I'm having a hard time finding the play you described and will go as far as saying it never happened. I wanted to review it for myself. There was a play almost in the red zone during the 1st quarter where Wentz threw a short pass to Sanders (3-6-LA 22 (7:27) (Shotgun) C.Wentz pass short right to M.Sanders to LA 20 for 2 yards (M.Kiser). It wasn't really a screen pass and Lane Johnson had pass protection responsibilities. Lane wasn't actually engaged with a defender and Kizer was a couple yards in front of him and ended up making the play. There was a pass rusher that Sanders tried to chip and Lane was supposed to stay back to seal the right side. This was the closest play to whatever you tried to describe. 

I went back to the highlights. It was the 2pt attempt. Peters shoves his defender directly into Sanders. 5:16.

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I went back to the highlights. It was the 2pt attempt. Peters shoves his defender directly into Sanders. 5:16.

Thanks for clarifying the play. But --- lol --- Sanders clearly tried to bounce that play outside. Peters gave a solid effort and blocked his man where he was supposed to. Sanders didn't trust where he was supposed to run and tried to bounce it to the outside. Slow that play down and watch it again. Watch where Sanders is looking and where he is initially running and then watch him turn his hips. This was a good defensive play nonetheless, but Sanders botched this one. If he runs into the initial hole created by the Peters block, Peters would have been able to help him push the pile forward if he stays on his feet. 

Listen ... a lot of players made real mistakes in the 1st 2 weeks. Let's not create false narratives to gripe about on top of those. 

19 hours ago, mihailo said:

Can't use issues that every other team endures. It is like using the cap as a reason to not doing well. 

I would agree, and heck even with our coach having Covid, the WTF teams coach had cancer. A lot of teams have the issues the Eagles are having, I wonder how many have the. All rolled together like the Eagles do. With that being the case excuses are not acceptable regardless. 

4 hours ago, FitzIsAtTheAirport said:

Possible.  I could see Hurts squeaking out 2 wins before DCs catch up to him.

If he does it’s a full blown QB controversy at that very moment. 

23 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Thanks for clarifying the play. But --- lol --- Sanders clearly tried to bounce that play outside. Peters gave a solid effort and blocked his man where he was supposed to. Sanders didn't trust where he was supposed to run and tried to bounce it to the outside. Slow that play down and watch it again. Watch where Sanders is looking and where he is initially running and then watch him turn his hips. This was a good defensive play nonetheless, but Sanders botched this one. If he runs into the initial hole created by the Peters block, Peters would have been able to help him push the pile forward if he stays on his feet. 

Listen ... a lot of players made real mistakes in the 1st 2 weeks. Let's not create false narratives to gripe about on top of those. 

2 plays in that series just now JP beat, almost gets Wentz killed. Even the announcer called him out and said they need to help out the LT.

Is it too early to get flexed out of Sunday nights game?  I don’t want the rest of the country seeIng this mess. They are embarrassing 

You may not want to actively root for losses because you're fans, and that's fine. But there's a difference between actively rooting for your team to win and acknowledging logically losing is for the best.

This thing isn't working. It's rotten to the core. The coach sucks, the GM sucks, and the QB sucks. Ask yourself "What is our way out of this?" Going 7-9 or 8-8 gets us nowhere. We all know this team has zero and I do mean 0.00000000% chance at winning a Super Bowl. Jeff Lurie needs to take notice. This is going very very badly very quickly and we need to hit rock bottom to get the organizational change this team needs.

Howie's gotta go or at the very least be demoted. Doug's job should be up in the air. And Wentz... he's unmovable, but if we suck badly enough we can get Trevor Lawrence if we are that lucky.

Look, we won a Super Bowl with this group. No one can ever take that away from us. But that is long gone now and it's time to start the next era of Eagles football with new leadership manning the ship.

Keep sucking, Eagles. Short term pain for long term gain.

• Like 2

If we have a chance at getting either Lawrence or Fields, we absolutely must take one of them, of that there is no doubt. I give Doug a somewhat of a pass because he is playing with an awful QB, we have seen him succeed with Foles.

we might suck, but that tie will help us win the division.. was it over when the germans bombed peral harbor,  was it over when we dropped the a bomb in the desert to test it,  we're better than ever

going to rule the roost we will.  am i awake yet?/ pinch 

I luv tater salad with baked taters and we got burned taters today we did..

12 minutes ago, Vman1968 said:

Is it too early to get flexed out of Sunday nights game?  I don’t want the rest of the country seeIng this mess. They are embarrassing 

Nobody watches TNF right?

I still like Doug, but he clearly needs a guy to run the offense for him.  Wentz is bad and so is Howie.  This team is looking straight at a full rebuild.