Sounds like Jeffery will be back soon

ManchesterEagle

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You want to know how desperate fans have come? Almost everyone on this board wanted alshon gone (Trade or otherwise) in February and now everyone is thinking he’s curing the eagles offensive issues. 

And here's the thing... The start to the season, the state of this roster and the future outlook on the cap should have everyone even more convinced that he needs to be traded. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And here's the thing... The start to the season, the state of this roster and the future outlook on the cap should have everyone even more convinced that he needs to be traded. 

No one was going to trade for alshon. Coming off that type of injury and his contract you’d have had to pull a osweiller type deal that the texans did to pawn him off. The eagles couldn’t afford to do that with their draft picks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No one was going to trade for alshon. Coming off that type of injury and his contract you’d have had to pull a osweiller type deal that the texans did to pawn him off. The eagles couldn’t afford to do that with their draft picks. 

Oh I know that. You know that. The league knows that. But people still wanted it to happen. And yet now fans have changed their mind? 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I know that. You know that. The league knows that. But people still wanted it to happen. And yet now fans have changed their mind? 

That’s cause fans are always looking for a savior to fix the issues. Fortunately for us Nick Foles saved us twice. But other than that it rarely happens. The eagles need wentz to play better. The defense to actually get off the field on third down in critical times, DL to be better and Red zone defense not to be giving up 80 percent touchdowns 

33 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s cause fans are always looking for a savior to fix the issues. Fortunately for us Nick Foles saved us twice. But other than that it rarely happens. The eagles need wentz to play better. The defense to actually get off the field on third down in critical times, DL to be better and Red zone defense not to be giving up 80 percent touchdowns 

Would be nice if the D could force the odd turnover here and there too...

• Like 1

So, once back, he needs to be featured and have a good game or two. Then he's tradeable. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

So, once back, he needs to be featured and have a good game or two. Then he's tradeable. 

That should absolutely be the plan for him!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Yep.  I've been saying as much for some time now (when it was first being speculated that he wouldn't make the roster, that he'd be cut if they were unable to trade him).  Hopefully he is back sometime in the next couple of weeks and puts together some decent games ... enough that a team competing for a postseason spot that feels the need to add a WR prior to the trade deadline to get them "over the hump" (similar to the ridiculous approach we took with Golden Tate) is desperate enough to take on his contract.  A trade would result in "only" $5.5M of dead money to the cap (but give us back $9.9M in much needed cap space to roll over into 2021).  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:10 PM, brkmsn said:

I'd rather start winning games again.

MEGA - Make Eagles Great Again

• Haha 1

Just now, manz2821 said:

So another slow receiver for Wentz to overthrow

The question is... Does Wentz have to readjust to miss Jeffrey by as much up high as he has with the other receivers? At times he's sailed passes a few yards above receivers heads, he'll have to go some to do the same with Jeffrey. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

All I know is Wentz trusts Jeffery and that's important to him. I don't really have much else to add. 

Does he? Despite the issues that they've had? 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Does he? Despite the issues that they've had? 

Yes. The "issues" were a non-story to both of them. They moved on long ago.

• Like 1

Just now, brkmsn said:

Yes. The "issues" were a non-story to both of them. They moved on long ago.

I don't mean those issues. I'm just not sure Wentz has ever had great chemistry with Alshon. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't mean those issues. I'm just not sure Wentz has ever had great chemistry with Alshon. 

I think Wentz was always confident throwing Jeffery's way. He targeted him often --- especially in clutch situations. 

Right now, Wentz is in a funk. This is a problem in his head. I think the only quick cure is to give him targets he trusts. McNabb wasn't a perfect player and had many seasons with below average WRs, but he never completely ignored anyone. What we have seen with Hollins and now JJAW, I don't think we would have seen happen with McNabb. He was good at spreading the ball around every week. I'm not saying that either of those 2 WRs would have been stars with McNabb at QB, but they would have been utilized significantly more. By not getting them involved, Wentz is making it harder for the other receivers and easier for defenses to stop us. 

• Like 1

Now that 3 weeks have elapsed, Quez Watkins is eligible to return from IR. So want to see him on the field.....

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think Wentz was always confident throwing Jeffery's way. He targeted him often --- especially in clutch situations. 

Right now, Wentz is in a funk. This is a problem in his head. I think the only quick cure is to give him targets he trusts. McNabb wasn't a perfect player and had many seasons with below average WRs, but he never completely ignored anyone. What we have seen with Hollins and now JJAW, I don't think we would have seen happen with McNabb. He was good at spreading the ball around every week. I'm not saying that either of those 2 WRs would have been stars with McNabb at QB, but they would have been utilized significantly more. By not getting them involved, Wentz is making it harder for the other receivers and easier for defenses to stop us. 

Don't think that's entirely on Wentz. Coaches need to find a way to get that tool open. And that tool needs to get open. He is absolutely useless. I don't think other teams even line up a CB against him (no idea, I'm just mad, but wouldn't surprise me).

As much as I think JJAW sucks. I don't blame him for where he was picked. I do blame the FO.

51 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Now that 3 weeks have elapsed, Quez Watkins is eligible to return from IR. So want to see him on the field.....

As long as JJAW is sent packing, cool. At least Quez has some speed to him and can threaten deep.