Fire Doug

Godfather

11 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Firing one of only a few coaches in the NFL to make the playoffs the last 3 years in a row 3 years after he won the super bowl seems like a very calculated, not at all unhinged decision 

Keeping him and watching him decline in every aspect is asinine. If he can somehow pull his head out of his arse and straighten things out maybe we keep him next year. But with all the indications pointing to he wasnt the mastermind behind the super bowl you don't want to sit on your hands living in the past. 

2 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

not even that but a mis and cinco gets the ball near midfield. i know cincy had no timeouts left, but a quick sideline pass and cincy gets a chance at a fg themselves

Who cares? Go for the win regardless. You don’t just bend over and take the tie. 

Firing? I doubt this season, unless they really tank. But, the sentiment is become more agreeable everyday this drags on.

Doug's not great, but he's not a top level coach. He is being hamstrung by the poor drafting and player development. Wentz needs better QB coaching, like he did with John and Frank. Man, wish we still had Frank.

Playing not to lose was brutal. Definitely not what I expected from Doug. 

The day Doug announced Groh as the offensive coordinator we were in trouble. The day he announced there will be no offensive coordinator was the nail in the coffin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I'm watching the seachickens game and thinking why not fire doug and bring in Brian Schottenheimer? He's had QB success practically every where he's been. The Seahawks offense is always dangerous despite having a crap oline. I think he's the play caller and Seattle has been pretty dynamic. I know I know "Wentz sucks and they have gods gift in Wilson", but he's had a hand in making that possible.

Snag Marty's son, poach some scouts and FO personnel, and see if this sheet improves. 

Fire schwartz. I don't care who you replace him with. Just fire him. 

You know Schwartz' contract expires this year, yes? I doubt the Eagles would voluntarily change DCs in the middle of the season. Didn't they try that once and it didn't work out great?

I think the no OTAS/no preseason/abbreviated training camp etc. etc. this year will provide adequate excuse for not making wholesale changes this offseason. Whether it should is another discussion. Clearly whatever Cluster F they have going on with the offense's coaching and game planning ain't cuttin' it. That needs to be punted into the next county.

4 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

You know Schwartz' contract expires this year, yes? I doubt the Eagles would voluntarily change DCs in the middle of the season. Didn't they try that once and it didn't work out great?

I'd fire him today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

What kind of **** coach punts with 19 seconds left in ot. Kick the FG or go for it on 4th down. Make or miss you're going for the win. You're **** a** settled for a tie. Way to get the team on your side you F

He should have gone for a hail Mary but was clearly afraid to give the ball back to Burrows mid-field on an incomplete pass or failed FG attempt.

He obviously doesn't trust anyone on the offense or the defense to make a play.

I would do the same as Doug honestly. I mean he didn't want to deal with the media mocking him and saying he lost at home to the Bengals. He also realizes its very possible this horrendous team goes 0-16, so he wanted to at least say he went 0-15-1.

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

How will firing Schwartz help? There are much worse problems lol.

Agreed. He still needs to go at the end of the season. That dang sticks defense is the worst

He’ll get this season to straighten out the team and Wentz.  Eagles can’t afford to have their franchise QB going sideways.  The wild card is Hurts.  If he comes in and does a good job, then that could change the calculus somewhat.

I wouldn't fire Doug. In large he seems like a good guy that players respond to in a lot of ways...like overcoming an insane number of injuries repeatedly to win a SB and get to the playoffs.

If I were Lurie, I force Doug to step down as a playcaller. 

I get rid of Schwartz.

I get rid of Howie.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Godfather said:

Where's the new offense they were suppose to incorporate? Doug is the new Mike McCarthy. Doesn't know how to adapt when it comes to playcalling 

Unfortunately our starters and depth are so depleted, that even good coaches would have problems winning on this team. The whole thing is crumbling. Howie has to go and hopefully we may get a new coach..if that happens. Lurie needs to wake up!

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Keeping him and watching him decline in every aspect is asinine. If he can somehow pull his head out of his arse and straighten things out maybe we keep him next year. But with all the indications pointing to he wasnt the mastermind behind the super bowl you don't want to sit on your hands living in the past. 

Doug's problem is his inability to surround himself with the proper coaches because of his deep desire to be a signal caller. in 2017 we had a great cast of coaches, each contributing at the highest level. Since then most of the Brains responsible for 2017 left the building, and DP is trying to be OC and HC. He is a great guy, but he is failing miserably to surround himself with the right winning coaches. We need to start at the top. Get a new GM, who will in turn decide whether to keep DP or not.  

• Like 1

Bad day for Doug, no question. Not running the ball enough, end game decision. But the problem with this team is Howie Roseman. Doug has proven if you give him talent he can get the max out of it. But the blown drafts, decisions like moving on from Malcom and replacing him with Mills, no stinking linebackers. Howie Roseman man. 

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Who cares?  Elliott did make a 61 yarder a couple years ago.  Your team is 0-2, there is less than 20 seconds to go, and a rookie QB making his 3rd career start on the other team.  Why TF wouldn’t you go for it?!?!  Really nothing to lose by doing so.  Big balls Doug my arse.    

Because if its literally impossible based on the conditions then it's complete stupidity to go for the FG. Keep your offense on and have a go that way sure. 

6 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

what happens when your 0-7-1 at the bye? team will have no faith in the coaches and will start to give zero f's

I think this team already gives zero f's.

5 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Doug's problem is his inability to surround himself with the proper coaches because of his deep desire to be a signal caller. in 2017 we had a great cast of coaches, each contributing at the highest level. Since then most of the Brains responsible for 2017 left the building, and DP is trying to be OC and HC. He is a great guy, but he is failing miserably to surround himself with the right winning coaches. We need to start at the top. Get a new GM, who will in turn decide whether to keep DP or not.  

Agree it starts at the top but Doug hasn't done anything this year and was poor last year until we were desperately trying to reach the playoffs. This come from behind sheet and underdog crap can't work every year. His lack of creativity and in game adjustments have been awful. The defense knows what's coming because we're running like 10 plays, it's starting to look like a slow version of chip out there. 

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Agree it starts at the top but Doug hasn't done anything this year and was poor last year until we were desperately trying to reach the playoffs. This come from behind sheet and underdog crap can't work every year. His lack of creativity and in game adjustments have been awful. The defense knows what's coming because we're running like 10 plays, it's starting to look like a slow version of chip out there. 

I am not defending Doug. All I am saying is we have to scrap the Entire Howie regime, get a new GM who we can trust to rectify all aspects of this years disaster, including Head Coach.