Fire Doug

Godfather

Just now, Traveler Vic said:

I am not defending Doug. All I am saying is we have to scrap the Entire Howie regime, get a new GM who we can trust to rectify all aspects of this years disaster, including Head Coach.

The only thing I'm worried about with a new gm is no one will understand what the hell Howie did with these contracts and half the team will be gone next year to get under the cap :roll:

43 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

The only thing I'm worried about with a new gm is no one will understand what the hell Howie did with these contracts and half the team will be gone next year to get under the cap :roll:

Would that be such a bad thing though? I mean how many of these guys really should be a part of the future rebuild project?

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because if its literally impossible based on the conditions then it's complete stupidity to go for the FG. Keep your offense on and have a go that way sure. 

Who said it was impossible?  

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Who said it was impossible?  

No no sorry bud you've perhaps missed part of the conversation. I'm not saying it was I'm just playing devils advocate and saying if it was. 

14 hours ago, phil77 said:

Hmmmmm no WRs are not open at all like ever. Watch the other games around the league and WRs run wide open all day. Cinny WRs were open all day. Our routes and route combinations are lazy and predictable 

Exactly right.  Out scheme and play designs don't work.  Our receivers can't run routes or get separation.  Pathetic really

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

If he hit a 61 yarder he had a chance at a 64 yarder, it's not like the 61 yarder made it over the crossbar by a hair, the weather posed no problem at all.

I'm not saying it did. I'm making the point that perhaps the weather was a factor. At no point did I categorically say it was I was just saying that perhaps it was. 

It’s interesting to compare the current eagles to the patriots. Both teams have drafted horribly lately, and have major cap issues. They’ve had something like 8 players opt out. Coming into the season, Wentz was a much better QB than Cam.

Yet we see Bellichek week after week get creative and play to his players strengths. That’s the difference. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wtfcares said:

Coming into the season, Wentz was a much better QB than Cam.

Maybe he was better than a post shoulder operation Cam but now that he's recovered, I don't think so.

I know I’ve been frustrated and my knee jerk reaction is to fire Doug, Jim, and Howie. Let me just ask this - how did Andy Reid go from great coach to stale and mediocre here in Philly, then back to great coach again in Kansas City? How does Doug go from great coach to stale and mediocre here in Philly...  why do so many players let go or cut by Philly go on to respectable careers elsewhere in the NFL? What is the common denominator?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

I know I’ve been frustrated and my knee jerk reaction is to fire Doug, Jim, and Howie. Let me just ask this - how did Andy Reid go from great coach to stale and mediocre here in Philly, then back to great coach again in Kansas City? How does Doug go from great coach to stale and mediocre here in Philly...  why do so many players let go or cut by Philly go on to respectable careers elsewhere in the NFL? What is the common denominator?

With Reid he just has more firepower in KC, and more importantly a QB who looks like he could become one of the all-time greats. Now I’m VERY high on Reagor, Sanders, and Goedert. I think Ward is capable of being a very good slot receiver, and frankly is the only one coming to play at WR right now. But they need one more explosive weapon (who knows, maybe Watkins becomes that guy when he’s back, along with Reagor). But I think they are a better QB and one more good receiver away from having a top 10 offense. 

On defense, it’s so hard to say. Schwartz has statistically had some good defenses here, but I think he’s scheme is so terrible for pass defense. No outside CB other than Slay has really been successful in Schwartz scheme here. Which is a testament to just how good Slay is. I posted in another thread about how Rasul is starting now for Carolina, and has been having a really good start to the season. Something like 11 catches for fewer than 100 yards and no TDs, with a QB rating against him of around 78. He’s actually putting up very similar numbers to Slay through three games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nipples said:

With Reid he just has more firepower in KC, and more importantly a QB who looks like he could become one of the all-time greats. Now I’m VERY high on Reagor, Sanders, and Goedert. I think Ward is capable of being a very good slot receiver, and frankly is the only one coming to play at WR right now. But they need one more explosive weapon (who knows, maybe Watkins becomes that guy when he’s back, along with Reagor). But I think they are a better QB and one more good receiver away from having a top 10 offense. 

On defense, it’s so hard to say. Schwartz has statistically had some good defenses here, but I think he’s scheme is so terrible for pass defense. No outside CB other than Slay has really been successful in Schwartz scheme here. Which is a testament to just how good Slay is. I posted in another thread about how Rasul is starting now for Carolina, and has been having a really good start to the season. Something like 11 catches for fewer than 100 yards and no TDs, with a QB rating against him of around 78. He’s actually putting up very similar numbers to Slay through three games. 

Also Reid had personnel authority here and had some bad drafts too (Te'o-Nesheim, Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh, etc.).  His best draft may have been his last (2012).  He has a young GM in KC that came up through the ranks and has a real eye for talent (Veach is the one who sold Reid on Mahomes).  That is exactly what this team needs more than anything IMHO.

Also it is a shame that those are the only 3 young players on the roster you can name that you are high on (those are my only 3 as well, with Reagor more a TBD since he has yet to prove himself).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eldereagle1 said:

ow did Andy Reid go from great coach to stale and mediocre here in Philly, then back to great coach again in Kansas City? How does Doug go from great coach to stale and mediocre here in Philly...  why do so many players let go or cut by Philly go on to respectable careers elsewhere in the NFL? What is the common denominator?

Doug is closing his eyes and riding the Wentz train off the cliff just like AR rode the McNabb train long after it was clear he would never live up to his promise.
And AR was wise not to bring Marty M with him to KC.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, GroundAttack said:

technically it helps our chances if it comes down to it in the end for first place. a tie is better than a loss. but with the way we are playing and who we have the next 3 games, that's a long shot.

This all day.

The Cowboys are 0-3 if not for a historic Falcon collapse - which they've done now for three weeks. They're 1-2.

The Giants are 0-3 and look like us.

The Redskins are 1-2 and we have one more chance to even it up against them.

The Eagles are 0-2-1. They are literally ONE HALF game back of the Cowboys with two to play against them. That is significantly better than 0-3.

The Redskins are getting battered with injuries.

As bad as the Eagles are, they've caught lightning before. Just like the Giants in years past.

Tie > Loss.

Elliot's long in pregame was, what, 58? 61 against a pass rush is unmanageable.

We don't know that the Bengals didn't encroach on the Pryor false start because we never saw an F'ing shot down the line.

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Also Reid had personnel authority here and had some bad drafts too (Te'o-Nesheim, Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh, etc.).  His best draft may have been his last (2012).  He has a young GM in KC that came up through the ranks and has a real eye for talent (Veach is the one who sold Reid on Mahomes).  That is exactly what this team needs more than anything IMHO.

Also it is a shame that those are the only 3 young players on the roster you can name that you are high on (those are my only 3 as well, with Reagor more a TBD since he has yet to prove himself).

True and True.

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Let's not forget that Reid started from scratch in Philly and built that team into contenders which is extremely tough as a first time head coach, and then basically fell into clover in KC with Hill and some other outstanding players. When he got there KC was just a few pieces away, and by then Andy had solid experience as a HC.

What I hate seeing is Philly being used as a resume builder or merely a stepping stone for players and coaches. We need to re-establish a culture here that keeps players wanting to stay.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:30 PM, EaglesfanfromND said:

I'd like to ask Doug on the one play where Wentz hit Ertz for a first down and it went right over Ward who was running an Identical route as Ertz only about 5 yards shallower. Is that the actual play design and routes that are supposed to be run? If so they need to draw up better plays because that's a stupid route tree. 

I can’t help but to think someone was in error there. Someone either made their cut too soon or flat out ran the wrong route. That should never happen. 

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Doesnt a little.. just a little go to Doug. 

Isnt the coaches job to 1) grow these kids and 2) figure out a spot to make them succeed. 

Is it that Doug can’t train them or isn’t the guys aren’t good enough? Would the Eagles receivers be this bad if they had DK instead of JJAW? Is it the coaching staff fault Sidney Jones is soft? I do think it is their responsibility to put their players in the best position to succeed, but you still need talent. 

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Doesnt a little.. just a little go to Doug. 

Isnt the coaches job to 1) grow these kids and 2) figure out a spot to make them succeed. 

I think a lot goes to Doug. Maybe not as much as it goes to Howie for creating an old team that lacks young talent at several positions. 

Carson's progress declined since Frank and John left and I think it is partially because Doug and the people he put in place can't coach up talent. His technique looks worse which I think is causing balls to sail high on him, not to mention his mental aspect. 

On 9/28/2020 at 5:21 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Howie surely has a staff of people that also know his process, understands the contracts and also 31 other teams and all NFL agents understand the contracts it's not like some top secret.

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Howie surely has a staff of people that also know his process, understands the contracts and also 31 other teams and all NFL agents understand the contracts it's not like some top secret.

Yea but how many are in his brain and know what the hell the next move is? 

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea but how many are in his brain and know what the hell the next move is? 

They're in cap hell. The next move is purge players.

Ok I "guess" I'll wait until Page 5 .... was kind of figuring it might get to 10.

You, out there, reading this . If you support this? In the "ReaL" WorlD ?  You have no CluE what you're talking about .  It's not a yearly popularity contest.

It's ok. It's part of everyday life. We meet them every day.