Rapoport: Jason Peters placed on IR (toe injury)

Jenkins27

JP can F off. Whined for more money because he had to move to tackle, has played like trash, now sitting out because of a Fing toe injury. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

JP can F off. Whined for more money because he had to move to tackle, has played like trash, now sitting out because of a Fing toe injury. 

Agreed with all except the last part. That was probably the team

Another one of Howie's great signings

• Like 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Agreed with all except the last part. That was probably the team

Another one of Howie's great signings

Can’t blame this one on Howie. He wasn’t supposed to be starting (if even signed in the first place) if it weren’t for the Brooks and Dillard injuries.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Can’t blame this one on Howie. He wasn’t supposed to be starting (if even signed in the first place) if it weren’t for the Brooks and Dillard injuries.

Was Peters the only RG available?

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

What a disappointing way to end his tenure in Philly.

• Like 6

Front office gave him the keys to the kingdom. Peters took the key, emptied their vault, stubbed his wittle toe, and is now making millions by SITTING ON HIS OLD, FAT a**. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. To a tee.

• Like 2

Too much loyalty to too many players that are declining.  As a NJ Devils fan, the same thing happened at the end of their dynasty.  Hanging on to players because of what they did and not what they will do.  As a player enters 28,29 and 30 expect a decline.  As they get into 31,32,33 expect injuries along with decline in play.  They’ve lost their youthful fire, got paid and likely became domesticated.  It happens. Very few players continue to play at a high level into their 30’s. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Was Peters the only RG available?

Familiarity with the coaches and players made it smart. Who would you have rather signed at that time?

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Front office gave him the keys to the kingdom. Peters took the key, emptied their vault, stubbed his wittle toe, and is now making millions by SITTING ON HIS OLD, FAT a**. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. To a tee.

Man, being right really makes you angry.  Don't understand how people can feel this way about Peters.  He should retire, but he was great at LT for so many seasons.  Arguably the best trade in Eagles history.   The real issue is not him, but the GM who offered him a job and a raise.   I will never be mad at someone asking for more money.  The asker isn't the giver.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

What a disappointing way to end his tenure in Philly.

Yeah, too bad.  He was so great.  Like watching Jaws 3 and 4.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Familiarity with the coaches and players made it smart. Who would you have rather signed at that time?

No idea. Who was available?

19 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Someone who isn’t 38 years old and constantly injured. 

• Like 1

Remember when offensive line was a strength for us? 

Those were the good ole days. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, nipples said:

Someone who isn’t 38 years old and constantly injured. 

Neither you or I can name any better candidate, I don’t blame Howie for this move. He wasn’t expected to be the starter.

59 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Late offseason, not any better candidates were available.

Wow. Just wow. He just fleeced this team, but I don’t blame him. I blame Howie for building such a poor roster they had to beg this dude to come back to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

At this point we better hope the rugby player is ready. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Neither you or I can name any better candidate, I don’t blame Howie for this move. He wasn’t expected to be the starter.

Late offseason, not any better candidates were available.

Literally anyone who isn’t old as F and had actually played guard before would have been a better decision. And this isn’t just in hindsight, I hated bringing Peters back the day it happened. He was toast last year and another year on him was bound to be worse. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow. Just wow. He just fleeced this team, but I don’t blame him. I blame Howie for building such a poor roster they had to beg this dude to come back to begin with. 

At this point we better hope the rugby player is ready. 

Time for the Aussie Destroyer to show the NFL what the new LT prototype is.  My suggestion is to go with heavy sets, extra offensive linemen, and run the ball 45 times.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Do we get our money back??  

Unfortunately he came with a no refunds policy. <_<