Rapoport: Jason Peters placed on IR (toe injury)

Jenkins27

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Unfortunately he came with a no refunds policy. <_< 

And hopefully a no re-sign policy.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Let’s postpone the season 

Bye bye old man

13 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Time for the Aussie Destroyer to show the NFL what the new LT prototype is.  My suggestion is to go with heavy sets, extra offensive linemen, and run the ball 45 times.

Run the ball and give him some confidence. He’s gonna need to blocking help too. So much inexperience on this offensive line now. Kelce is gonna have his work cut out for him ensuring these guys are doing their jobs properly.

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Run the ball and give him some confidence. He’s gonna need to blocking help too. So much inexperience on this offensive line now. Kelce is gonna have his work cut out for him ensuring these guys are doing their jobs properly.

Oh man, so inexperienced.  Do we have a fullback?  Simplify.  Roll Carson to the right.   Move Ertz. pre snap to get him isolated on a LB.  

But while I am bummed, watching how the Aussie Destroyer plays makes this game more interesting for me to watch:

The new best LT/LG combo in the NFL: AD and Herbig!

I'm surprised he held up until Week 4 to be honest. He's just too old now to stay healthy. He needs to retire after this.

15 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Oh man, so inexperienced.  Do we have a fullback?  Simplify.  Roll Carson to the right.   Move Ertz. pre snap to get him isolated on a LB.  

But while I am bummed, watching how the Aussie Destroyer plays makes this game more interesting for me to watch:

The new best LT/LG combo in the NFL: AD and Herbig!

At this point I’m just looking to see which young players step up. Trade all the vets. 

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Was Peters the only RG available?

This was more about him finishing his career as an Eagle.  I think they felt next to Lane and Kelce, He could do more than adequate job just based on his size and familiarty with the Oline and Football IQ.  It wasn't a bad idea so i won't hold it against howie.  I think trusting pryor for depth maybe was oversight.  I know they want cheaper backup olineman.  After all, are you gonna pay a guard 2-3 mil a year as  back up if you get him as FA,  then you have cap issues.  The entire offense has played like crap t hold ths against 1 player. 

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Front office gave him the keys to the kingdom. Peters took the key, emptied their vault, stubbed his wittle toe, and is now making millions by SITTING ON HIS OLD, FAT a**. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. To a tee.

emptied the vault?  He's the lowest paid Olineman on our team after pryor........  The years he got paid, he deserved it as arguably one the best LT's.  compared to what LT's make now., even that was a bargain during his prime years. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow. Just wow. He just fleeced this team, but I don’t blame him. I blame Howie for building such a poor roster they had to beg this dude to come back to begin with. 

At this point we better hope the rugby player is ready. 

Time to ish or get off the pot.

• Like 1

Howie I think has sealed his fate.  The Arcega Whiteshit pick along w Hurts were killer.  Add in some unproductive players like Taylor, Jones and Douglas along with finding basically no diamonds in the rough over the past few years pretty much ended his reign.  Throw in some poor backloaded contracts and cap hell in 2021 and that’s that.  A 4-6 win season is likely what this year will be. 

5 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

Yo at leas he b getin few mo from da boss man lauries b4 he hit retiahmint. Get his playa so his famili can live. Dis O lin went from $wag to stank in cuple yrs. SMDH

Just.....why???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUEagle said:

Howie I think has sealed his fate.  The Arcega Whiteshit pick along w Hurts were killer.  Add in some unproductive players like Taylor, Jones and Douglas along with finding basically no diamonds in the rough over the past few years pretty much ended his reign.  Throw in some poor backloaded contracts and cap hell in 2021 and that’s that.  A 4-6 win season is likely what this year will be. 

Speaking of Douglas, apparently he's doing well in Carolina. Schwartz has to go.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Speaking of Douglas, apparently he's doing well in Carolina. Schwartz has to go.

This^ 

9 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Wow so is the starting LT literally going to be Mailata? 

We need to see how he plays. If he is a disaster, then it puts the talent evaluation in the spotlight again. If he isn't ready, then you try to put him on the practice squad or you cut him if you don't think he is ever going to get there. If he's claimed, then so be it.  A project can only be a project for a certain amount of time. By now, if he has some ability, then he shouldn't be terrible.

Jason has absolutely tarnished his legacy in the last 3 years. I've become really disappointed in his inability to be honest with himself and simply retire. I also blame Howie and Doug for their years long a** kissing. So much so that they got trapped and Jason held them for ransom. Now, they are being fleeced.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LesGoEagles said:

emptied the vault?  He's the lowest paid Olineman on our team after pryor........  The years he got paid, he deserved it as arguably one the best LT's.  compared to what LT's make now., even that was a bargain during his prime years. 

Read between the lines. Demands more $$, and we ALL (those of us with brains) know he is going to get hurt over and over, and take himself out of games whenever he feels like it. You have your opinion. Mine is F that fat, old, greedy, selfish **** and get him off the team for good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Man, being right really makes you angry.  Don't understand how people can feel this way about Peters.  He should retire, but he was great at LT for so many seasons.  Arguably the best trade in Eagles history.   The real issue is not him, but the GM who offered him a job and a raise.   I will never be mad at someone asking for more money.  The asker isn't the giver.

I used to admire him. Now I don't. He wore out his welcome, and revealed his true colors while doing it.

13 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Can’t blame this one on Howie. He wasn’t supposed to be starting (if even signed in the first place) if it weren’t for the Brooks and Dillard injuries.

You can blame him for giving JP that extra money. Should have kept him at RG to make a point. But no he gave him that extra, he played like ish and now he's on IR.

53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can blame him for giving JP that extra money. Should have kept him at RG to make a point. But no he gave him that extra, he played like ish and now he's on IR.

It was the logical and obvious move moving him back to LT tho after (according to reports) seeing how Pryor struggled there.