Rapoport: Jason Peters placed on IR (toe injury)

Jenkins27

After last week I genuinely have no idea if this is bad or good news. 

37 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

After last week I genuinely have no idea if this is bad or good news. 

This is good news. JP  is over the hill. RIP.

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

It was the logical and obvious move moving him back to LT tho after (according to reports) seeing how Pryor struggled there.

Perhaps... But he demanded more money and he's played like ish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can blame him for giving JP that extra money. Should have kept him at RG to make a point. But no he gave him that extra, he played like ish and now he's on IR.

I honestly didn't want them to bring him back to play RG when Brooks went down.  He is/was obviously a band aid there - why not play the younger guys you have on the roster currently that you've invested time in developing to see if any can be future pieces.  Only one way to find out ... play them.  I hope they learned a lesson from this and don't ever consider re-signing him again unless it is to serve as assistant OL coach.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seengreen said:

Jason has absolutely tarnished his legacy in the last 3 years. I've become really disappointed in his inability to be honest with himself and simply retire. I also blame Howie and Doug for their years long a** kissing. So much so that they got trapped and Jason held them for ransom. Now, they are being fleeced.

I have been saying that for at least the last three years.....he should have retired 3-4 years ago......he is just embarrassing to watch now....smh

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I honestly didn't want them to bring him back to play RG when Brooks went down.  He is/was obviously a band aid there - why not play the younger guys you have on the roster currently that you've invested time in developing to see if any can be future pieces.  Only one way to find out ... play them.  I hope they learned a lesson from this and don't ever consider re-signing him again unless it is to serve as assistant OL coach.  

I suspect they brought him back under the guise of playing RG. But if Dillard didn't play well then Peters is there to be moved across. But yeah it was once again as a result of not having adequately addressed the OL that they had to bring back Peters. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Exactly, looks like it's time to see if the aussie experiment has developed into a player this week.

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Exactly, looks like it's time to see if the aussie experiment has developed into a player this week.

At least we will find out... its been years since this experiment started and we are at the point where we either need to know if he can play or not. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At least we will find out... its been years since this experiment started and we are at the point where we either need to know if he can play or not. 

Right and with our salary cap situation the younger depth players are going to have to develop into players to be relied on or its going to be a long couple years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I used to admire him. Now I don't. He wore out his welcome, and revealed his true colors while doing it.

Before this season his true colors were what?  Play hard, rehab hard, play through pain as much as he could, coach up the young guys, be positive with helping the team, wanting to play in and win a SB.

9x Pro Bowl

2x All Pro

4x 2nd team All pro

2010 all decade team

Not sure, but even.though he was the best LT for years was he the highest paid all those years?

• Like 1

They should be more serious about cutting away from the beloved vets.  Peters has been good to the team but his time has come to an end.  I'd also include DJax in the same discussion, fans wanted him so badly based on what he did years ago, but he cannot stay healthy to get on the field.  Sproles was another example of over-reaching for the glorious old days.  To a lesser extent, Graham is approaching that stage, though he is still playing at a reasonable level.  End of this season should be a critical point to evaluate his situation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Speaking of Douglas, apparently he's doing well in Carolina. Schwartz has to go.

Gym Shortz problem is his stubbornness in his scheme and trying to put blocks into round holes instead of being creative or adapting to the players that you actually do have to work with.  Makes me wonder how much input he had on drafting D players since it seems too many of the D players we have drafted aren't scheme fits.  If he had some say then it's even worse, but if he didn't have say then it's only partly his fault, but still his fault for not making enough changes to play to his players' strengths instead of exposing their weaknesses. 

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

They should be more serious about cutting away from the beloved vets.  Peters has been good to the team but his time has come to an end.  I'd also include DJax in the same discussion, fans wanted him so badly based on what he did years ago, but he cannot stay healthy to get on the field.  Sproles was another example of over-reaching for the glorious old days.  To a lesser extent, Graham is approaching that stage, though he is still playing at a reasonable level.  End of this season should be a critical point to evaluate his situation.

Yup.  The difference between Howie and Banner was that Banner would let aging players walk just before they approached their decline where Howie extends them with albatross contracts for sentimentality's sake.  A GM can't be emotional concerning the players.  This is the situation you end up in when you are sentimental.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Familiarity with the coaches and players made it smart. Who would you have rather signed at that time?

Not sure who was available at the time but there had to be someone younger, fresher, less injury prone than JP.  Maybe put Pryor or Herbig at RG and sign Glenn instead of Peters.

Look I love the guy, he's a Philly legend and probably future HOFer.  But his time is up.  Never liked the idea of bringing him in to play guard which he never did before.  On top of that he's always getting hurt.  It's just time to move on and get some younger blood on the team, especially the O-line.

3 hours ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Before this season his true colors were what?  Play hard, rehab hard, play through pain as much as he could, coach up the young guys, be positive with helping the team, wanting to play in and win a SB.

9x Pro Bowl

2x All Pro

4x 2nd team All pro

2010 all decade team

Not sure, but even.though he was the best LT for years was he the highest paid all those years?

YOU are living and talking about the past. The past is gone. I live in the current DAY and times that are happening NOW. He should never have been on this team this year at all- not even as an "emergency" player- because he IS a walking emergency that was going to get injured before game 4. It was NEVER worth signing him this year at all. The current front office is a dysfunctional joke. joke.

Should have signed Glenn Cordy!!!! As soon as they possibly could have PERIOD!!!😤😡😡😡

8 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

YOU are living and talking about the past. The past is gone. I live in the current DAY and times that are happening NOW. He should never have been on this team this year at all- not even as an "emergency" player- because he IS a walking emergency that was going to get injured before game 4. It was NEVER worth signing him this year at all. The current front office is a dysfunctional joke. joke.

Your argument is that he showed "true colors" and that essentially he is a sack of ....for signing and then asking for more money.   I don't think this recent couple of months paint his picture.  Did Harold Carmichael show his true colors when he played his last season for the Cowboys?

If your premise is the FO is a joke, why take it out on the only Hall of Fame Player this team has had since he arrived?  That is the joke.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

Your argument is that he showed "true colors" and that essentially he is a sack of ....for signing and then asking for more money.   I don't think this recent couple of months paint his picture.  Did Harold Carmichael show his true colors when he played his last season for the Cowboys?

If your premise is the FO is a joke, why take it out on the only Hall of Fame Player this team has had since he arrived?  That is the joke.  

Not sure what your problem is. I am entitled to like or dislike anyone I choose, and post my thoughts here. Who are YOU to tell my anything? Ok, you disagree, no prob. Now go away. 

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Not sure what your problem is. I am entitled to like or dislike anyone I choose, and post my thoughts here. Who are YOU to tell my anything? Ok, you disagree, no prob. Now go away. 

So first he's a jerk, then I'm living in the past, then you're entitled to your opinion, followed by go away?  If you don't want your opinion challenged, keep it to yourself and certainly don't post it on a public message board.  Otherwise, fair game.  

8 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Right and with our salary cap situation the younger depth players are going to have to develop into players to be relied on or its going to be a long couple years.

Oh absolutely. This team needs to start looking at the younger players and figuring out if they can be part of the rebuild. 

3 hours ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

So first he's a jerk, then I'm living in the past, then you're entitled to your opinion, followed by go away?  If you don't want your opinion challenged, keep it to yourself and certainly don't post it on a public message board.  Otherwise, fair game.  

Oh, I see- you wrote down every little thing I said- which is REALLY creepy. Bye, creepy message board stalker. I like challenges from people I like on here, but I don't like creepy message board stalkers.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Oh, I see- you wrote down every little thing I said- which is REALLY creepy. Bye, creepy message board stalker. I like challenges from people I like on here, but I don't like creepy message board stalkers.

I just have really good short term memory and you are probably stupid and don't remember what you said 20 minutes ago.  More reason to.simply not post your thoughts

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

I just have really good short term memory and you are probably stupid and don't remember what you said 20 minutes ago.  More reason to.simply not post your thoughts

Run on sentence much? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 9.58.40 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Run on sentence much? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 9.58.40 PM.png

Perfect self portrait.   You are superb