Rapoport: Jason Peters placed on IR (toe injury)

Jenkins27

Well Mialata showed himself well tonight. Certainly has earned himself another start. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well Mialata showed himself well tonight. Certainly has earned himself another start. 

We knew he was a project and we know those don't always work. For him, whenever he gets an opportunity to play, he seems to make the most of it. That's a good sign. If he improves each week and stays healthy, it will be interesting to see what happens with Dillard in the offseason. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We knew he was a project and we know those don't always work. For him, whenever he gets an opportunity to play, he seems to make the most of it. That's a good sign. If he improves each week and stays healthy, it will be interesting to see what happens with Dillard in the offseason. 

If he keeps it up then it doesn’t really matter. At this point it’s Mialata’s job to lose. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

If he keeps it up then it doesn’t really matter. At this point it’s Mialata’s job to lose. 

100%. Sadly I think JP will come back and go straight back in to the team but if it were my decision I wouldn't even consider that unless Mailata really struggles in the next few weeks. It is time to see what Mailata can do on a football field. He held his own well yesterday and I think will really grow from this point.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

100%. Sadly I think JP will come back and go straight back in to the team but if it were my decision I wouldn't even consider that unless Mailata really struggles in the next few weeks. It is time to see what Mailata can do on a football field. He held his own well yesterday and I think will really grow from this point.

Keep twinkle toes on the sidelines or move him back to guard. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Keep twinkle toes on the sidelines or move him back to guard. 

You know what I'd love to happen... And I know it's probably not possible...

JP demanded more money to move across to LT. Id love the organisation to tell JP that they are moving him back to RG and as a result are restructuring his deal accordingly. Oh and in fact he's now the back up RG so his salary will reflect that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To be honest it's not even a grow for the future move. Right now Mailata is our best option at LT and should start there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know what I'd love to happen... And I know it's probably not possible...

JP demanded more money to move across to LT. Id love the organisation to tell JP that they are moving him back to RG and as a result are restructuring his deal accordingly. Oh and in fact he's now the back up RG so his salary will reflect that. 

I'd love for them to just release him but that isn't happening either - he is too respected by Lurie and Doug for that to ever happen.  But it is maddening to have a roster spot taken up by someone who is clearly  D-O-N-E.  I don't want to see him moved back to OG - I'd much rather they give those reps to the young guys (Pryor, Herbig, Driscoll, Opeta, Brown), and I hope Mailata continues to man LT for the remainder of the season to get a full evaluation of him to see if he can be our swing tackle of the future.  Only one way to see where he is at after 3 years of developing him ... play him.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd love for them to just release him but that isn't happening either - he is too respected by Lurie and Doug for that to ever happen.  But it is maddening to have a roster spot taken up by someone who is clearly  D-O-N-E.  I don't want to see him moved back to OG - I'd much rather they give those reps to the young guys (Pryor, Herbig, Driscoll, Opeta, Brown), and I hope Mailata continues to man LT for the remainder of the season to get a full evaluation of him to see if he can be our swing tackle of the future.  Only one way to see where he is at after 3 years of developing him ... play him.  

Oh yeah for sure he is going nowhere but he should! He's been pretty damn bad and now he's hurt. SHOCK.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh yeah for sure he is going nowhere but he should! He's been pretty damn bad and now he's hurt. SHOCK.

The best way to save face would be to just keep him on IR for the remainder of the season.  Then if he still doesn't want to hang em up (and join the coaching staff in some capacity) you let him play elsewhere.  I'll have an aneurysm if he is on the roster in 2021.  

I was kind of expecting Peters to look better as the season progressed. I think he was as rusty as everybody else in September. I know it's not popular around here to defend "fan targets" in any way. I'd still like to see him back if needed --- even if Mailata wins the starting job. Peters has always been willing to mentor the young guys and we have a lot currently on the team including rookies Driscoll, and PTW.

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I was kind of expecting Peters to look better as the season progressed. I think he was as rusty as everybody else in September. I know it's not popular around here to defend "fan targets" in any way. I'd still like to see him back if needed --- even if Mailata wins the starting job. Peters has always been willing to mentor the young guys and we have a lot currently on the team including rookies Driscoll, and PTW.

Wonder if he’d ask for more money to mentor the young players?  

:ph34r:

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I would of gotten rid of him 4 years ago but, that is a sin to think that on here. Just kept holding on till it blew up in their faces like I knew it would and now it has. This is the NFL anyone thinking this would turn out well after 2017 is just sentimental baby that can't let go just like the front office

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I would of gotten rid of him 4 years ago but, that is a sin to think that on here. Just kept holding on till it blew up in their faces like I knew it would and now it has. This is the NFL anyone thinking this would turn out well after 2017 is just sentimental baby that can't let go just like the front office

I mean I think the time was probably after the SB or the following year. They should have at least started to put plans in place but they didn't until 2019. That's a major failing because at that point the guy you bring in has to be a hit.

Matt Pryor is not good. Which is why they go with Herbig inside over him and Driscoll outside. Pryor is another Chance Warmack.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:52 AM, time2rock said:

The best way to save face would be to just keep him on IR for the remainder of the season.  Then if he still doesn't want to hang em up (and join the coaching staff in some capacity) you let him play elsewhere.  I'll have an aneurysm if he is on the roster in 2021.  

As JP found out, elsewhere doesn't want him. That's why I turned on JP. NOBODY wanted him and the Eagles brought him back. Instead of being grateful that the Eagles were the ONLY team in the NFL to want him, he pulls the more $$ bullsh**. I lost ALL respect for him because of it.

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

As JP found out, elsewhere doesn't want him. That's why I turned on JP. NOBODY wanted him and the Eagles brought him back. Instead of being grateful that the Eagles were the ONLY team in the NFL to want him, he pulls the more $$ bullsh**. I lost ALL respect for him because of it.

I can't say I lost all respect for one of our all time great players for that, but I can say it was a really bad look for him (and for the team to cave in).  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I can't say I lost all respect for one of our all time great players for that, but I can say it was a really bad look for him (and for the team to cave in).  

thumb_you-either-die-a-hero-or-you-live-long-enough-42060965.png

• Haha 2