Binge Watching During The Pandemic

Mlodj

I just binged the MCU and Community. 

• Like 2

Rewatching The Shield from the beginning. Love this damn show. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mlodj said:

Got through Sherlock so far.

Benedict Cumberbatch makes a great Sherlock

Just signed up for Netflix. Watched Daredevil S1. Watching Community. Wife is watching The Queen. I’m open to suggestions if anyone has them!

16 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

Just signed up for Netflix. Watched Daredevil S1. Watching Community. Wife is watching The Queen. I’m open to suggestions if anyone has them!

Altered Carbon season one.  Despite reviews to the contrary the second season isn't as good.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

Castlevania, Love Death and Robots, Black Mirror, Peaky Blinders, Lost In Space, Witcher, House of Cards Season 1 and 2(I think 3 is when it started sucking but it might have been 2)

11 minutes ago, Mlodj said:

Altered Carbon season one.  Despite reviews to the contrary the second season isn't as good.

Don't know how many times I've rewatched season 1. Great season

Season 2 not so much

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Season 2 not so much

One of the reviews I read that rated season 2 higher was honest enough to admit that he did that because the show (actors and production staff) was more racially diverse in season 2.  Gotta have priorities.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mlodj said:

One of the reviews I read that rated season 2 higher was honest enough to admit that he did that because the show (actors and production staff) was more racially diverse in season 2.  Gotta have priorities.

I never look at production staff but they had a bunch of different races in the show

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I never look at production staff but they had a bunch of different races in the show

Exactly.  In season 1 the main character was Asian for probably 30% of the time.  His current  love interest was Latina, with a Muslim partner and an Asian boss and his past love interest was a black female.  His partner was a black male and the main antagonist was an Asian female.  I mean WTF?

• Like 1

GF and I are doing a watch of Marvel in chronological order most nights. I'm steadily getting through Ozark. Also on Pluto This Old House has been my jam. I'm learning so much by watching that. 

Has anyone watched the Waco limited series on Netflix? I saw it was trending and it looked interesting given my background in Don't Step On Snek hillbilly land but also my time as a cop.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

GF and I are doing a watch of Marvel in chronological order most nights. I'm steadily getting through Ozark

I thought I'd convinced my other half to do the same. She seemed keen at first but whenever I mention it now she rolls her eyes. 

16 hours ago, Mlodj said:

Exactly.  In season 1 the main character was Asian for probably 30% of the time.  His current  love interest was Latina, with a Muslim partner and an Asian boss and his past love interest was a black female.  His partner was a black male and the main antagonist was an Asian female.  I mean WTF?

I actually didn't notice this until just reading your post. It is extremely diverse.

Also, season 1 was amazing, season 2 was pure garbage.

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Season 2 not so much

season 1 had a lot more hott nekkid bro-ads. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bill said:

GF and I are doing a watch of Marvel in chronological order most nights. I'm steadily getting through Ozark. Also on Pluto This Old House has been my jam. I'm learning so much by watching that. 

Has anyone watched the Waco limited series on Netflix? I saw it was trending and it looked interesting given my background in Don't Step On Snek hillbilly land but also my time as a cop.

Waco aired on Paramount network or one of those USA spin-offs like 3 years ago. Watched it live week-to-week then and found it very enjoyable. I was too young (born 85) to have any awareness of that story at the time, so it was a cool glimpse on American history similar to the Cuba Gooding Jr OJ Simpson show FX did in 2016. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xstonr said:

I binged all 5 seasons of The Wire. What a great show.

this is on my list but I know it likely required full focus so I haven't started yet

On 4/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Agent23 said:

this is on my list but I know it likely required full focus so I haven't started yet

This was my problem with the show.  I liked it for the first couple seasons but ended up getting distracted and I just lost interest towards season 4/5.  I know this is unpopular, but the Wire can't hold a freakin candle to Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.  👀

I’m so sad I don’t have any Saul to look forward to on Monday 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I’m so sad I don’t have any Saul to look forward to on Monday 

Me too man.  Honestly all other shows just don’t do it for me now because Vince Gilligan is such a genius.  I’m hoping they make more spin-offs.  Would love to see a series of Gus and his business partner before Hector Ding Ding blasted him. 

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

This was my problem with the show.  I liked it for the first couple seasons but ended up getting distracted and I just lost interest towards season 4/5.  I know this is unpopular, but the Wire can't hold a freakin candle to Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.  👀

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

Me too man.  Honestly all other shows just don’t do it for me now because Vince Gilligan is such a genius.  I’m hoping they make more spin-offs.  Would love to see a series of Gus and his business partner before Hector Ding Ding blasted him. 

I’m finally catching up on my Netflix Marvel backlog. Not the same, but daredevil and punisher add enough substance and violence/mayhem to fill a void 

• Like 1