Binge Watching During The Pandemic

Mlodj

The Apollo Chronicles.  Four part series on going to the moon was pretty good.

I know I am way late to the game, but finally watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I just finished Curb Your Enthusiasm and love them both. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 3:38 PM, Mlodj said:

The Apollo Chronicles.  Four part series on going to the moon was pretty good.

It's amazing what they were able to do with the technology limitations of the time.

What took them years now you can just take minutes to fake in Photoshop.

• 2 weeks later...

I had never seen an episode of Law and Order prior to the pandemic lockdown.  Have seen quite a few now - and sorta like it.  

The original one - I have seen some of the spin-offs, but they don't appeal to me.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:41 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

I know I am way late to the game, but finally watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I just finished Curb Your Enthusiasm and love them both. 

how is it as a first time viewier (earlier seasons)? This was one of the last shows to get in before being PC kinda overtook everything. And it sets them up nice to go back to it in later seasons bc it's part of their characters but also have some others evolve. I can't say enough about IASIP. Read an article couple years ago about how it's the younger generations Seinfeld and that sounds totally correct. I've watched every episode at least 4x probably. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, JBENT87 said:

how is it as a first time viewier (earlier seasons)? This was one of the last shows to get in before being PC kinda overtook everything. And it sets them up nice to go back to it in later seasons bc it's part of their characters but also have some others evolve. I can't say enough about IASIP. Read an article couple years ago about how it's the younger generations Seinfeld and that sounds totally correct. I've watched every episode at least 4x probably. 

The beginning seasons are the best and halfway thru Season 3 so just saw D do her PR and Asian girl for interviews. I love the other the top shows. 

I would say more Curb Your Enthusiasm because the humor lines up a bit and how Workaholics copied the style as well. A show literally about nothing, but has a bit of a plot that is extremely slow moving. 

Seis Manos on Netflix...It's animated, which I know can put some off, but man this show is wild AF.

We got Kung-FU, demons, drugs, comedy, gratuitous violence...What's not to like?

Currently binging Upload. Very clever show. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

SHUDDER is the best bang for horror fans. 5 bucks a month gets you the best selection of mostly recent films.
Not the tired selection of horror on Netflix or the cheap crappy ones on Prime.

If you're broke do the free week trial. Binge WOLF CREEK or Greg Nicotero's slick reincarnation of CREEPSHOW.

Their ETHERIA compilation is better than Black Mirror.

DANIEL ISN'T REAL and TERRIFIED (aka Aterrados) are topnotch horror films.

Do the monthly subscription for a buck more and cancel after you run through everything you like.
If you like horror it's the best deal around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

SHUDDER is the best bang for horror fans. 5 bucks a month gets you the best selection of mostly recent films.
Not the tired selection of horror on Netflix or the cheap crappy ones on Prime.

If you're broke do the free week trial. Binge WOLF CREEK or Greg Nicotero's slick reincarnation of CREEPSHOW.

Their ETHERIA compilation is better than Black Mirror.

DANIEL ISN'T REAL and TERRIFIED (aka Aterrados) are topnotch horror films.

Do the monthly subscription for a buck more and cancel after you run through everything you like.
If you like horror it's the best deal around.

Do you work for Shudder?  

Best Stare Down Larry David Curb Your Enthusiasm GIFs | Gfycat

• 1 month later...

For the conspiracy theorists and rather timely, CONDOR https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6510950/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0. Almost finished with season. Think there are a-holes like that out there ? Scary

Also on a bit of a Steven King kick. The Outsider, Castle Rock and just started Mr. Mercedes. I don’t think too highly of his writing style but am enjoying as seen the directors eyes strip clubs, dirt bars and Tim Robbins in Castle Rock 😆

On 5/27/2020 at 2:41 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

dont feel bad. i only got through season one of curb before i got distracted by other shows. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Getting in to "Doom Patrol"

i gave that three episodes. real meh. have had it with super heroes are 'human' too. 

Watched 3 episodes of "The Plot to Destroy America" last night. A little slow to start, but I see where they're going. Really enjoying it. 

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

Watched 3 episodes of "The Plot to Destroy America" last night. A little slow to start, but I see where they're going. Really enjoying it. 

I really liked that show.  Great alternate history period piece.  It gets very troubling toward the end.  

Wife and I have started watching Mrs. Maziel.  We like it alot plus you see her Bewbz in episode one... a must see.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

dont feel bad. i only got through season one of curb before i got distracted by other shows. 

if you can get through early Curb (or dont and just skip those seasons) the later ones are fantastic. Honestly. And I was never a HUGE Seinfeld guy. But once you can settle in to the shtick and not be totally annoyed with this old bald **** tagging hot MILFs, the humor really takes off. Any part of yourself that hates social interaction and the BS that comes with it, this show and LD's character taps into. But again, specifically the older seasons. Just start at the HD episodes, if it hasn't totally soured on you yet. 

9 hours ago, Smokesdawg said:

I really liked that show.  Great alternate history period piece.  It gets very troubling toward the end.  

Wife and I have started watching Mrs. Maziel.  We like it alot plus you see her Bewbz in episode one... a must see.

Great show.  Very entertaining and funny.  Very good acting from the main characters to the supporting roles.  Alex Borstein, who does the voice of Lois on Family Guy, is really good in this.  And Rachel Brosnahan not only delivers a good acting performance, but her timing for the standup comedy acts she does is very well done.  Wonder how much time she spent practicing to get it down that good?  And yes, she shows her boobs in E1 and she does have a helluva nice little body on her.

• Like 1

Just finished watching a show I hadn't heard of before until I was doing a search of TV shows and it caught my attention:  Absentia.  Stars Stana Katic who played Det. Beckett on Castle.  Premise is she is an FBI agent who got abducted and after 6 years missing was declared legally dead and her FBI agent husband remarried and the new mom is raising the kid.  Her husband gets a call late one night saying he is being offered a second chance and that his agent wife is still alive and where to find her, but to hurry before she dies.  So after 6 years he finds her, though she has no memory of the last 6 years.  Seems her abduction might be linked to a case she was working on at the time she went missing.  Initially it starts slow, but that's just to set up the story and characters.  About 2/3 into the first episode it starts to really move forward and never stops.  It's a crime/mystery drama and was pretty good.  There's three 10 episodes seasons and S1 ended mostly tied up and while it season S2 will start with a new story line the finale' of S1 leaves a little carry over.  

Just finished binge watching Outlander to season 5. It's pretty good. There's a lot more books if it keeps getting renewed. It's been renewed for a 6th season

Spoiler

What bothered me was the time traveling and who could do it. It seemed special that Clair could time travel and her daughter because she's blood related. When they had Rodger time travel I thought it devalued it. He apparently can because he's a descendent of Giselle or however it's spelled

It's kind of shown a butterfly effect but not how I thought it would. Her daughter stopped their deaths which changed time but we didn't really see what that would do. Clair created penicillin over a hundred years before it was supposed to be created. We don't know what the butterfly effect of that is yet. Season 5 ended with her saying she was doing to create peanut butter before it's time as well. She's already been almost burned as a witch.

The whole thing is interesting because she has to be careful about what she says and does because of the different eras of time

• Like 1

"Superstore" is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Mindless but pretty funny. The kinds thing you put on in the background while you're folding laundry etc. But still pretty entertaining. 

On 5/28/2020 at 4:41 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

It's on Prime here so I can finally catch up! I only got up to part way through season 6 due to Australia and their ishyness with shows. We don't sell past season 5 on DVD either. I went and watched Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person tonight and will probably do The D.E.N.N.I.S System tomorrow 

• Haha 1