Binge Watching During The Pandemic

Mlodj

3 hours ago, Bill said:

My favorite Chevy Chase story was in 1979 him and Bill Murray got into a fistfight backstage of SNL. What started it was Chevy was being an a** thinking he owned the joint because he was on the first season, and Bill Murray to his face called Chevy "medium talent".

Evidently everybody held their breath during the filming of Caddyshack in the scenes they had to do together, just waiting for something ugly to happen.

41 minutes ago, Mlodj said:

Evidently everybody held their breath during the filming of Caddyshack in the scenes they had to do together, just waiting for something ugly to happen.

Yeah the pool and a pond scene was great.

Also during Caddyshack Rodney Dangerfield thought he sucked in his first day of shooting.  Every take he tried to ramp up the humor, but he thought he just sucked harder. He was venting about it after the takes but someone had to tell him that unlike doing standup, the people on set can't laugh because it would ruin the take, and most people on set were having a helluva time trying to keep composed because of how funny he was. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah the pool and a pond scene was great.

Also during Caddyshack Rodney Dangerfield thought he sucked in his first day of shooting. 

He gets no respect.

1 hour ago, Mlodj said:

He gets no respect.

I went to my Doctor. You know, Dr. Vinny Boombatz.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I went to my Doctor. You know, Dr. Vinny Boombatz.

Grabs me knee and tells me to cough then hits me in the balls with a hammer.

We finally started watching Tiger King last night. Thought it was really interesting and a good show. 

Can't stand Carol Baskins though. 

On 4/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I just binged the MCU and Community. 

source.gif

On 4/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

First season is good, seasons 2 and 3 are gold. Season 4 on is a mixed bag. Had a really solid series finale, but the show was at its best during seasons 2 and 3.

I never finished season 6. Life got in the way.  :sad:

Agreed on your take on seasons 1-4.

The way 1 ended and then briefly addressed it before taking a sharp right turn with

Spoiler

Britta (Season 1 was a strong, smart feminist who challenged Jeff that became "the worst" in season 2) and Annie (went from the end of season 1 kiss with Jeff to Jeff becomeing a father figure to her)

in season 2 and on always rubbed me a bit the wrong way.   I get it and perfer the change, but it makes season 1 a bit harder to rewatch

On 4/30/2020 at 4:22 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

For me, the show lost a lot of its heart when Donald Glover left.  I was never a huge fan of Pierce as a character, but When he left, then Troy then Shirley left it was like a revolving door of filler characters none of which worked for the group.

Which caused them to over rely on Chang as well, who was best in smaller doses, IMO

On 5/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mlodj said:

They only had one scene together, when Chevy was playing through Carls home.   I thought I read that was added last minute because they (the producers) realized they had no scenes together.

The last two days we binged Hollywood.

If you like Ryan Murphys work (People vs OJ,The Assassination of Gianni Versace, and of course AHS although its nothing like that) I would recommend it.  Very strong cast, well written.  It mixed a lot of fact with fiction, similar to Once upon a time in Hollywood.  The final episode was... meh.  (But it did fit the name)

So we've finally gotten around to watching Tiger King (2 episodes still to watch). Dam I hate that Carole Baskin.

• Haha 2

Right at the start of this pandemic, I stumbled by accident, via YouTube recommendations, on this British show called TaskMaster. (There is an American version that is not nearly as good so skip it).  It’s a series where a bunch of comedians are asked to do ridiculous tasks and they are filmed weeks in advance and they don’t how their competitors did. They then watch the footage and are scored. It’s really funny. First four seasons available on YouTube working through the 5th now I believe, all 9 seasons available on DailyMotion. 

Here’s a classic example of one task...

On 5/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, Gern Blanston said:

Is Lost streaming anywhere?  Netflix/Prime?  I looked awhile back but never found it.  That would be a nice rewatch.

I do hate the search features on both Netflix and Prime.  There has to be a better way to categorize all those shows and movies.  It feels like rummaging around in "Clearance" bin at Walmart at times trying to find stuff...

Pretty sure I saw Lost on the list for IMDB on my firetv.....

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:49 AM, paco said:

They only had one scene together, when Chevy was playing through Carls home.   I thought I read that was added last minute because they (the producers) realized they had no scenes together.

I was just going to say the same thing

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, Gern Blanston said:

Just finished watching Season 1 of Community on Netflix - hilarious, even if some of the references are getting a bit dated.

• Peaky Blinders
  • Ozark
  • Jack Ryan
  • The Boys
  • Man in the High Castle

Watched the first episode of The Last Kingdom last night, very much like "Vikings" seems solid enough.

Last Kingdom is pretty decent but Vikings more epic. Waiting for the final season finales

Watching Lucifer, kinda cheesy but amusing

The Crown I think is very well done but may not be your cup of tea

In a couple of weeks I’ll binge this seasons Blacklist

I have watched more Netflix in the last 2 months then in the previous 3 years combined... 

• Like 3

Started watching Billy on the Street on Netflix. Obviously not for everybody but I like it for an episode or 2 then Billy can get a little annoying 

Almost finished season 1 of The Sinner, pretty nice so far. Jessica Biel 👌🏿

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I binged Curb Your Enthusiasm in about a week

like a season or the series?

On 5/2/2020 at 12:56 AM, mr_hunt said:

i mentioned it on the old board but i've been watching the old heroes series with my kid...you know...save the cheerleader, save the world...hiro...sylar...that one.  

anyway, i enjoyed season 1 back in the day & my kid is really liking it...there were a whopping 23 episodes in season 1 & we have 3 more to go.  i remember it getting really bad after season 1 so we'll probably quit when we finish it.   

I watched it all a couple years back from the start since I remember season 1 was amazing and 2 was okay. I never got much deeper than that on the original watch through, maybe a few eps into season 3. The standard is pretty high from season 1 that you can't help but feel disappointed with the last couple of seasons 

On 5/2/2020 at 4:19 AM, hputenis said:

I can't remember a show being so awesome in season 1 then going downhill so incredibly fast.  Season 1 of Heroes was phenomenal.  Were seasons 3 & 4 during the writer's strike back in the day?  That would explain it.  

Season 2 was the writers strike season. It's why it's shorter

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatching the Daredevil Series on Netflix.  Mostly through season 3, and damn Cox and D'Onofrio are amazing in season 3 and frankly through the entire show. 

• Like 1

Binge watching Plinkett's movie reviews on YouTube. :lol:

On 5/5/2020 at 6:29 AM, The guy in France said:

Last Kingdom is pretty decent but Vikings more epic. Waiting for the final season finales

Watching Lucifer, kinda cheesy but amusing

The Crown I think is very well done but may not be your cup of tea

In a couple of weeks I’ll binge this seasons Blacklist

I liked Last Kingdom. Vikings was really good but

Spoiler

His kids couldn't hold the show. Bjorn is boring

Lucifer was very disappointing. They could have done so much with that show. I thought the move to Netflix would have let them let loose since there's no restrictions but they didn't

Season 1 and 2 of Crown was really good. I wasn't interested when they changed actresses

Last season of Blacklist I watched was 4 lol

Once the big reveal happened in that show I was like so what now and haven't really been into watching

Didn't know where to put this but I suspect there's going to be a lot of shows/movies next year based on the pandemic