Binge Watching During The Pandemic

Mlodj

After life is a must watch if you guys have that over in the States. Mind you it's British humour so may be hit and miss. 

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

After life is a must watch if you guys have that over in the States. Mind you it's British humour so may be hit and miss. 

Want To Stop Snoring? Here's What Works (And What Doesn't ...

• Haha 1

Have been bing watching Always Sunny never got around to watching until now very funny stuff.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I just binged the MCU and Community

Just finished watching Season 1 of Community on Netflix - hilarious, even if some of the references are getting a bit dated.

• Peaky Blinders
  • Ozark
  • Jack Ryan
  • The Boys
  • Man in the High Castle

Watched the first episode of The Last Kingdom last night, very much like "Vikings" seems solid enough.

1 hour ago, Gern Blanston said:

Just finished watching Season 1 of Community on Netflix - hilarious, even if some of the references are getting a bit dated.

• Peaky Blinders
  • Ozark
  • Jack Ryan
  • The Boys
  • Man in the High Castle

Watched the first episode of The Last Kingdom last night, very much like "Vikings" seems solid enough.

First season is good, seasons 2 and 3 are gold. Season 4 on is a mixed bag. Had a really solid series finale, but the show was at its best during seasons 2 and 3.

• Like 2

Lately, I've found myself watching more and more stuff on YouTube. 

I've been enjoying 'Time Team', which is a British archaeology show. I also skip around some Irish channels and various 'music reactors' channels. 

23 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

First season is good, seasons 2 and 3 are gold. Season 4 on is a mixed bag. Had a really solid series finale, but the show was at its best during seasons 2 and 3.

Thats sort of how I recall it too.  Shame that Chevy Chase chose to be a huge A-hole in real life and had the rest of the cast hate his guts, his lines in the show were some of the greatest.  I know that there was some other production drama happening pretty regularly too.

1 hour ago, Gern Blanston said:

Thats sort of how I recall it too.  Shame that Chevy Chase chose to be a huge A-hole in real life and had the rest of the cast hate his guts, his lines in the show were some of the greatest.  I know that there was some other production drama happening pretty regularly too.

For me, the show lost a lot of its heart when Donald Glover left.  I was never a huge fan of Pierce as a character, but When he left, then Troy then Shirley left it was like a revolving door of filler characters none of which worked for the group.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Shame that Chevy Chase chose to be a huge A-hole in real life and had the rest of the cast hate his guts...

Seems to be a recurring theme.

• Like 1

I'm late to the party on this one but I binged Hunters on prime video...really enjoyed it & can't wait for season 2.

The Blacklist - Netflix through season 7

Tiger King

little fires everywhere - Hulu

Started Better Call Saul on Netflix last week, on season 3 now.

We've also been watching cooking and DIY shows and Disney+ animal documentaries with my son. He likes Chopped Jr and is trying his own recipes now. 

Love the Blacklist, but really only for James Spader. The man is a treasure!  Supporting cast is fine. 

17 hours ago, Mlodj said:

Seems to be a recurring theme.

My favorite Chevy Chase story was in 1979 him and Bill Murray got into a fistfight backstage of SNL. What started it was Chevy was being an a** thinking he owned the joint because he was on the first season, and Bill Murray to his face called Chevy "medium talent".

fb5f0854b259e2bac48b0dbf2139e620.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i mentioned it on the old board but i've been watching the old heroes series with my kid...you know...save the cheerleader, save the world...hiro...sylar...that one.  

anyway, i enjoyed season 1 back in the day & my kid is really liking it...there were a whopping 23 episodes in season 1 & we have 3 more to go.  i remember it getting really bad after season 1 so we'll probably quit when we finish it.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i mentioned it on the old board but i've been watching the old heroes series with my kid...you know...save the cheerleader, save the world...hiro...sylar...that one.  

anyway, i enjoyed season 1 back in the day & my kid is really liking it...there were a whopping 23 episodes in season 1 & we have 3 more to go.  i remember it getting really bad after season 1 so we'll probably quit when we finish it.   

Season 1 amazing, season 2 is good, season 3 it goes off a Cliff, I never saw an episode season 4.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Season 1 amazing, season 2 is good, season 3 it goes off a Cliff, I never saw an episode season 4.

maybe we'll do season 2.  i watched all of them back then but don't really remember much...other than it getting worse as it went on. was that during the writer's strike, maybe?  anyway, it's been fun to watch with my son...23 episodes is a lot though. i'm used to netflix series with 8-10 eps per season. :lol: 

edit:  just googled and season 2 is only 11 eps...so maybe we'll give it a shot. 

16 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I'm late to the party on this one but I binged Hunters on prime video...really enjoyed it & can't wait for season 2.

I watched the first episode, and thought it was really weird. Might go back to it. 

So far I've binged...

Handmaid's tale

Dark Side of the Ring

Ozark

Tiger King

Silicon Valley

Moving on to Goliath.

hunt - i think i commented on heroes before. I know I streamed every single episode back in 2011... so I watched what, 70? 80? 90 hours of that show?

I honestly couldn't give you a 15 second description of that show. It was literally that forgettable to my brain for whatever reason. 

21 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

For me, the show lost a lot of its heart when Donald Glover left.  I was never a huge fan of Pierce as a character, but When he left, then Troy then Shirley left it was like a revolving door of filler characters none of which worked for the group.

Including Mike Ehrmantraut there at the end...

Is Lost streaming anywhere?  Netflix/Prime?  I looked awhile back but never found it.  That would be a nice rewatch.

I do hate the search features on both Netflix and Prime.  There has to be a better way to categorize all those shows and movies.  It feels like rummaging around in "Clearance" bin at Walmart at times trying to find stuff...

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I can't remember a show being so awesome in season 1 then going downhill so incredibly fast.  Season 1 of Heroes was phenomenal.  Were seasons 3 & 4 during the writer's strike back in the day?  That would explain it.  

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I can't remember a show being so awesome in season 1 then going downhill so incredibly fast.  Season 1 of Heroes was phenomenal.  Were seasons 3 & 4 during the writer's strike back in the day?  That would explain it.  

yeah...i wouldn't mind this guy showing up & making me forget seasons 3 & 4. :whistle:

haitian-heroes-c471ba6f-a1ef-48a5-be27-e