#FireSchwartz

xxeaglesfanxx

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There was the pass to Ward he threw before the attempted touchdown to Reagor at the end of the game and he threw it to him and got him lit up. Two guys were baring down on Ward and as soon as he caught it they blasted him. Way to protect your guys. 

Wentz doesn't do a good job of leading his WRs. Never has really. He tends to put them in pretty bad situations or situations where they have to come back for the ball or wait for it. He doesn't often seem to hit guys in stride.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wentz doesn't do a good job of leading his WRs. Never has really. He tends to put them in pretty bad situations or situations where they have to come back for the ball or wait for it. He doesn't often seem to hit guys in stride.

Right now that guy is just playing bad football. I can’t see how people are defending this guy. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Right now that guy is just playing bad football. I can’t see how people are defending this guy. 

No I can't either to be honest. I mean look we know he is better than this but we have now seen 8 pretty bad games of football from Wentz. There have been drives, there have been moments of brilliance but for the most part Wentz has played poorly. The injuries can be used as a reason to some extent but not entirely an it should not absolve him of blame. And last night he had guys back and was playing against an atrocious defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I can't either to be honest. I mean look we know he is better than this but we have now seen 8 pretty bad games of football from Wentz. There have been drives, there have been moments of brilliance but for the most part Wentz has played poorly. The injuries can be used as a reason to some extent but not entirely an it should not absolve him of blame. And last night he had guys back and was playing against an atrocious defense.

Like Peter King wrote this morning that Wentz is looking like Jameis Winston right now, but this quarterback and all of his apologists seem to think everything is fine. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Like Peter King wrote this morning that Wentz is looking like Jameis Winston right now, but this quarterback and all of his apologists seem to think everything is fine. 

I was hoping Wentz had turned a corner after good but flawed performances in the last 3 games. He was awful last night,

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There is no excusing 12 interceptions is it? And how many fumbles? Like he's on pace for 30+ turnovers.

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I was hoping Wentz had turned a corner after good but flawed performances in the last 3 games. He was awful last night,

I think we all were. I think we all saw signs the last few weeks that perhaps Wentz was heading back in the right direction (despite some obvious flaws still) but last night was so so bad.

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There is no excusing 12 interceptions is it? And how many fumbles? Like he's on pace for 30+ turnovers.

I think we all were. I think we all saw signs the last few weeks that perhaps Wentz was heading back in the right direction (despite some obvious flaws still) but last night was so so bad.

I believe he’s fumbled at least once every game, and he’s just so nonchalant about his turnovers like they’re no big deal. If McNabb had a performance like we saw last night people would be wanting his head. An ugly win is still a win, but how can you be happy with going into the bye week with Wentz looking worse than a rookie from JMU? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I believe he’s fumbled at least once every game, and he’s just so nonchalant about his turnovers like they’re no big deal. If McNabb had a performance like we saw last night people would be wanting his head. An ugly win is still a win, but how can you be happy with going into the bye week with Wentz looking worse than a rookie from JMU? 

I don't ever recall such a down feeling after beating Dallas, leading the division and going in to the bye where we know we are getting healthier. But it is hard to be positive when our QB is playing so badly. I mean this is meant to be the guy leading us towards glory, leading us towards being contenders and yet he has probably been the single biggest reason why we have struggled (along with the roster construction by Howie).

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't ever recall such a down feeling after beating Dallas, leading the division and going in to the bye where we know we are getting healthier. But it is hard to be positive when our QB is playing so badly. I mean this is meant to be the guy leading us towards glory, leading us towards being contenders and yet he has probably been the single biggest reason why we have struggled (along with the roster construction by Howie).

They won by two scores, beat the point spread, is leading the division, yet somehow it feels like a hollow win. It’s all due to the QB having 4 turnovers by himself. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Roster construction aside, he cost the team the Washington and Cinci games. With even average QB play, they win both of those, and that game last night would have been a blowout. Would be looking at at 5-3 and heading into the BYE coming off a beat down of Dallas. Wentz is THE biggest problem with this team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Roster construction aside, he cost the team the Washington and Cinci games. With even average QB play, they win both of those, and that game last night would have been a blowout. Would be looking at at 5-3 and heading into the BYE coming off a beat down of Dallas. Wentz is THE biggest problem with this team. 

I mean you may be right there! I mean I think the roster construction has been horrid and that's caused issues but yeah I mean if Wentz is just average against WFT and Cinci then they win those games. I mean even our wins this year haven't really been down to Wentz. I know he led this team back against NY but he was also pretty poor (against a poor team) and if he played half decent then they likely win that game without needing the late rally.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean you may be right there! I mean I think the roster construction has been horrid and that's caused issues but yeah I mean if Wentz is just average against WFT and Cinci then they win those games. I mean even our wins this year haven't really been down to Wentz. I know he led this team back against NY but he was also pretty poor (against a poor team) and if he played half decent then they likely win that game without needing the late rally.

Exactly. Some people alike to thump their chest about how he lead them on a game winning drive against the lowly Giants, but if he actually plays well the whole game they win that one easily without needing a last minute score. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nipples said:

Exactly. Some people alike to thump their chest about how he lead them on a game winning drive against the lowly Giants, but if he actually plays well the whole game they win that one easily without needing a last minute score. 

If he even plays half decent they probably win fairly comfortably. Same against Cincy.

Back on to Schwartz. Eagles are 16th in points allowed and 8th in yards allowed. Pretty good with the talent on this D.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Back on to Schwartz. Eagles are 16th in points allowed and 8th in yards allowed. Pretty good with the talent on this D.

16th in points allowed for a defense thats supposed to be bend don't break isn't great. The yards allowed are impressive though no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

16th in points allowed for a defense thats supposed to be bend don't break isn't great. The yards allowed are impressive though no doubt. 

On one hand the offense turning the ball over so much and putting the D in a hole is partly the reason for that. But I'd agree that the Eagles D haven't been good in the red zone this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

On one hand the offense turning the ball over so much and putting the D in a hole is partly the reason for that. But I'd agree that the Eagles D haven't been good in the red zone this year. 

Which is a little surprising as I thought in the red zone they were generally pretty good under Schwartz. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Which is a little surprising as I thought in the red zone they were generally pretty good under Schwartz. 

Absolutely - and he usually found ways to keep scores down previously, but not this year. Did a great job against the Cowboys, but it was against a scrub QB (Still give him credit, they still had Zeke, Cooper etc)

So far the passing D has been a lot better than it is normally (he's usually great against the run, but teams put up passing yards). Faced a lot of QBs so far who are better on the ground and really struggled against their scrambling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Absolutely - and he usually found ways to keep scores down previously, but not this year. Did a great job against the Cowboys, but it was against a scrub QB (Still give him credit, they still had Zeke, Cooper etc)

So far the passing D has been a lot better than it is normally (he's usually great against the run, but teams put up passing yards). Faced a lot of QBs so far who are better on the ground and really struggled against their scrambling.

Exactly. This defense under Schwartz was generally terrible in terms of yards given up but pretty good in the red zone. They used to tighten up and not give away too many TDs. This year that seems to have flipped the other way. 

I wonder how much of the defensive struggles are related to Slay signing. Not saying this in a negative way, but more in a cause/effect observation.

This year, with Slay, the team has played way more man coverage then previous seasons. That's great for Slay as it maximizes his talent and to be successful in the NFL you have to be competent at playing man some of the time. But I think a lot of the other pieces are not athletically gifted enough to play man (primarily LB and other corners). These guys may do alright in zone, but with the team playing less zone and more man this season they seem lost. D-Line has got a ton of QB pressure, but ends still over pursuing and not reading plays carefully which has lead to poor run defense. 

2 hours ago, kentwo said:

I wonder how much of the defensive struggles are related to Slay signing. Not saying this in a negative way, but more in a cause/effect observation.

This year, with Slay, the team has played way more man coverage then previous seasons. That's great for Slay as it maximizes his talent and to be successful in the NFL you have to be competent at playing man some of the time. But I think a lot of the other pieces are not athletically gifted enough to play man (primarily LB and other corners). These guys may do alright in zone, but with the team playing less zone and more man this season they seem lost. D-Line has got a ton of QB pressure, but ends still over pursuing and not reading plays carefully which has lead to poor run defense. 

I don't think Slay is an issue remotely (other than he's had injury issues and is hurt again).

The issues with the D are:

1) The linebackers have been completely neglected. Edwards has shown the most promise as an undrafted rookie, but it's still a major weakness. People say the Eagles have undervalued the linebacker position for years, but in most years previously they have been at least adequate (in the SuperBowl year, Hicks, Bradham and Kendricks were all decent players).

2) It was time to let Jenkins go, but they had no proper replacement lined up. Missing his leadership and all around play.

3) They completely failed to address CB2 to even an adequate level.

The run D has actually been pretty good as always. Except they have been destroyed by QB scrambles/WR/CB options. No RB has had their way with us. That's partly due to an over aggressive DL and partly due to really poor LB play.

Slay is not an issue - he's been really good. Schwartz's scheme always makes corners look bad at times (that's not a criticism - he focuses on shutting down the RBs)

Schwartz is ALWAYS forcing HIS scheme on the players, not adjusting his scheme to fit the players he has. THAT never works out. He damn near cost the Eagles a freekin Super Bowl. If that isn't enough to find a new DC, then I guess we are just stuck with his weak, sissy ass scheme. Give me a Buddy Ryan D any day over this slop.

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Schwartz is ALWAYS forcing HIS scheme on the players, not adjusting his scheme to fit the players he has. THAT never works out. He damn near cost the Eagles a freekin Super Bowl. If that isn't enough to find a new DC, then I guess we are just stuck with his weak, sissy ass scheme. Give me a Buddy Ryan D any day over this slop.

We wouldn’t have even been in the Super Bowl if it wasn’t for his D 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

We wouldn’t have even been in the Super Bowl if it wasn’t for his D 

That is so true. Against Atlanta the D really saved the day. Against Minnesota it started the tidal wave with a huge turnover and then we didn't look back. 

• Like 1