#FireSchwartz

xxeaglesfanxx

10 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Schwartz is ALWAYS forcing HIS scheme on the players, not adjusting his scheme to fit the players he has. THAT never works out. He damn near cost the Eagles a freekin Super Bowl. If that isn't enough to find a new DC, then I guess we are just stuck with his weak, sissy ass scheme. Give me a Buddy Ryan D any day over this slop.

4 hours ago, wtfcares said:

We wouldn’t have even been in the Super Bowl if it wasn’t for his D 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That is so true. Against Atlanta the D really saved the day. Against Minnesota it started the tidal wave with a huge turnover and then we didn't look back. 

Buddy Ryan created a great D. But Schwartz doesn't have nearly the talent Buddy did. Also things are much more geared towards offenses these days. 

Buddy also averaged giving up over 20 points in playoff games and won none of them. Schwartz averages giving up 17 points. And yes that includes the Super Bowl.

The D stunk in the Super Bowl, yes. But wtf and UK are right, we don't get there without them. They were also huge in that Raiders game when Foles was stinking it up. Helped get us that crucial first round bye.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Buddy Ryan created a great D. But Schwartz doesn't have nearly the talent Buddy did. Also things are much more geared towards offenses these days. 

Buddy also averaged giving up over 20 points in playoff games and won none of them. Schwartz averages giving up 17 points. And yes that includes the Super Bowl.

The D stunk in the Super Bowl, yes. But wtf and UK are right, we don't get there without them. They were also huge in that Raiders game when Foles was stinking it up. Helped get us that crucial first round bye.

So you enjoy watching this garbage. That's your right. I don't. That's my right. 😆

8 hours ago, wtfcares said:

We wouldn’t have even been in the Super Bowl if it wasn’t for his D 

So you enjoy watching this garbage. That's your right. I don't. That's my right.

Doesnt matter, Jim is gone next season. Contract is up. If the FO wanted to keep him, he would have been extended by now. So all the Jim lovers will have to get use to it. Hes done in Philly. 

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agreed. 

I think the issue with the Schwartz defense is perception. If the offense is messing the bed then sometimes (more recently) the defense has also messed the bed. Or if the offense does get it together the defense let's up.

And there's a perception that they are soft on 3rd down. 

Now those things don't come from nowhere. They are based on what we've seen on the field. But fans do tend to remember the bad and forget the good. 

No need to fire him now it's too late, they'll just finish the season and not give him an extension. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. 

I think the issue with the Schwartz defense is perception. If the offense is messing the bed then sometimes (more recently) the defense has also messed the bed. Or if the offense does get it together the defense let's up.

And there's a perception that they are soft on 3rd down. 

Now those things don't come from nowhere. They are based on what we've seen on the field. But fans do tend to remember the bad and forget the good. 

If we are talking about 3rd and long specifically, that perception is correct.  While the statistics probably show that he's been successful more than other teams on 3rd and long, his goal of playing conservative sucks.  If it's 3rd and 11, and they give up 9 yards, I don't consider that successful (especially when it leads to a FG).  Please just mix in a creative or slightly delayed blitz.  That's the perfect time to create turnovers by bringing the pressure and can single-handedly change the momentum of a game.  The problem is I don't think he knows how to do this.    

• Like 1

It's a pretty simple test for me. If the Eagles have a team in 3 and 10+, I am MORE surprised if they actually get off the field. That's all I need to know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

If we are talking about 3rd and long specifically, that perception is correct.  While the statistics probably show that he's been successful more than other teams on 3rd and long, his goal of playing conservative sucks.  If it's 3rd and 11, and they give up 9 yards, I don't consider that successful (especially when it leads to a FG).  Please just mix in a creative or slightly delayed blitz.  That's the perfect time to create turnovers by bringing the pressure and can single-handedly change the momentum of a game.  The problem is I don't think he knows how to do this.    

That’s all that matters though. Doesn’t matter how pretty it is. If he is able to get off the field he did his job. You don’t lose games giving up too many field goals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

I don't think he's the most creative of DCs. He doesn't mix things up a lot, he doesn't create a lot of mismatches. He has a pretty simple scheme that needs to win in key areas for it to succeed. And that's hard to do on every play in the NFL. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

No need to fire him now it's too late, they'll just finish the season and not give him an extension. 

16 hours ago, wtfcares said:

That’s all that matters though. Doesn’t matter how pretty it is. If he is able to get off the field he did his job. You don’t lose games giving up too many field goals. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think he's the most creative of DCs. He doesn't mix things up a lot, he doesn't create a lot of mismatches. He has a pretty simple scheme that needs to win in key areas for it to succeed. And that's hard to do on every play in the NFL. 

People assume the Eagles are not offering Schwartz an extension. He may not want to stay. I think you can only interview for HC jobs if you are under contract as a DC or OC. Maybe he wants to go somewhere where they invest in the D and where the fans don't hate him, even though he has helped bring them a Super Bowl and overachieved with a relatively low talent D.

The D has been poor at times this year, so it may be time to move on, but I have a feeling that the D will get worse not better.

• Like 1

I so hope Rasul Douglas makes the PRO BOWL, it will strengthen the case for grabbing Jimmy Shortz by the collar and throw his ass out of the building.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 7:58 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

People assume the Eagles are not offering Schwartz an extension. He may not want to stay. I think you can only interview for HC jobs if you are under contract as a DC or OC. Maybe he wants to go somewhere where they invest in the D and where the fans don't hate him, even though he has helped bring them a Super Bowl and overachieved with a relatively low talent D.

The D has been poor at times this year, so it may be time to move on, but I have a feeling that the D will get worse not better.

That may be true, the front office has certainly hamstrung Schwartz with crappy drafting the past several years.  But he still deserves some of the blame for defensive woes due to lack of in game adjustments, not using players to their strengths, and of course the cringeworthy sticks defense that costs us a couple games every season.