Week 7 Injury Tracker: Sanders out Thur, Ertz out 3-4 weeks

time2rock

34 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Thanks!  Was just coming to post this update.  

I hope we see Huntley involved in the game plan with Sanders out.  Neither Scott nor Clement are lead backs.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Do we know when/if Goedert will be back?

Even though he is eligible, I Doubt it will be this week. Probably gonna roll with Rodgers and Croom.

• People laughed at the mere thought of Chip Kelly requiring his players to drink healthy smoothies and have a bedtime and there were WAY less injuries during those seasons....maybe we should return to that? At this point, its just ridiculous to be this banged up every single season since the SB. 
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So there goes our hope of trading Ertz then... Well I would imagine it is very unlikely now. 

Can still swing a deal during the offseason.  Doesn’t necessarily have to happen by the November trade deadline.  But likely get less in return trading after the season.

So our original starters on the field now include: Carson Wentz and Greg Ward. Oh and a hurt Kelce.  Anyone wanna bet all we get Thursday is "sTaRt HuRtS WeNtZ sUcKs!!!

Just now, Vlad67 said:

Would be funny if we managed to pull some wins without Ertz now

He was half assing it on the field anyway. When does Goedert come back?

24 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Can still swing a deal during the offseason.  Doesn’t necessarily have to happen by the November trade deadline.  But likely get less in return trading after the season.

Yeah that's very true. It is definitely a blow as a trade just made so much sense.

21 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

So our original starters on the field now include: Carson Wentz and Greg Ward. Oh and a hurt Kelce.  Anyone wanna bet all we get Thursday is "sTaRt HuRtS WeNtZ sUcKs!!!

Wentz was playing like garbage early in the season with his starters.  

Are we getting anybody back or are we down to just 2 first stringers on Offense?

36 minutes ago, time2rock said:

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah that's very true. It is definitely a blow as a trade just made so much sense.

Can still trade him in the next two weeks. Doesn’t appear to be a serious injury. Probably ready to play in a week or 3, maybe for another team...

58 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:
  • People laughed at the mere thought of Chip Kelly requiring his players to drink healthy smoothies and have a bedtime and there were WAY less injuries during those seasons....maybe we should return to that? At this point, its just ridiculous to be this banged up every single season since the SB. 

There was a lot Chip's sports science team did with the players, but fans harped on "smoothies" to mock him.  But they had monitors on the players while they practiced, analyzed how much practice time was too much/too little, science around rest periods leading up to the games, science around how to keep guys conditioned through the end of the season, sleep patterns, nutrition, injury recovery.  The players at the time said they felt great and felt well conditioned at the end of the season.

They need to really analyze and make major changes because they've had injury problems for several years.  It's not just a fluke. It's even new free agents and draft picks, so what are they doing?

• Like 2

Just now, NOTW said:

There was a lot Chip's sports science team did with the players, but fans harped on "smoothies" to mock him.  But they had monitors on the players while they practiced, analyzed how much practice time was too much/too little, science around rest periods leading up to the games, science around how to keep guys conditioned through the end of the season, sleep patterns, nutrition, injury recovery.  The players at the time said they felt great and felt well conditioned at the end of the season.

They need to really analyze and make major changes because they've had injury problems for several years.  It's not just a fluke. It's even new free agents and draft picks, so what are they doing?

My problem with Chip Kelly wasn't the smoothies. It was his arrogant "I don't need talent to win" mentality. He dumped all of our talent out of sheer arrogance. And replaced them with all his Ducks. 

• Like 3

Just now, Uscg-green said:

My problem with Chip Kelly wasn't the smoothies. It was his arrogant "I don't need talent to win" mentality. He dumped all of our talent out of sheer arrogance. And replaced them with all his Ducks. 

No question.  I'm just talking about health, injuries and conditioning only.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

That was the beginning of my hate for him. Although I loved the sports science he brought to the team, he also immediately got rid of Shady and Desean almost as soon as he got here. He actually also thought Sam Bradford was a legitimate starting QB in this league....

55 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Thats exactly what I mean. They mocked the smoothies but I thought it was a great idea being that they are professional athletes. What is now the major difference between then and now as far as the conditioning coaches because obviously the ol chipper was doing something right in that area...

Rodgers is our TE #1, get used to it. 

Decent as a receiver but unsure about his blocking ability.

And Wentz is still standing after getting batted around like ping pong ball these last few games. Go figure.

*sigh* 2020.

IIRC, an injured player cannot be traded while injured. Ertz being out until just past the trade deadline comes as no surprise.