Week 7 Injury Tracker: Sanders out Thur, Ertz out 3-4 weeks

time2rock

15 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

IIRC, an injured player cannot be traded while injured. Ertz being out until just past the trade deadline comes as no surprise.

So now we will get nothing for him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

My problem with Chip Kelly wasn't the smoothies. It was his arrogant "I don't need talent to win" mentality.

He dumped all of our talent out of sheer arrogance. And replaced them with all his Ducks. 

Yes . . . including  'Wounded Ducks'  like Kiko Alonso.

Not only was he damaged goods he was a degenerate in college.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Probably a third round compensatory pick.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

I'm starting to questions some of these injuries. I think some of these guys are just quitting. Sad to say but it's getting ridiculous at this point. 

Players see the record, they see others are getting injured, and they have agents who constantly whisper in their ear that it is just business.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Players see the record, they see others are getting injured, and they have agents who constantly whisper in their ear that it is just business.

That's what doctors are for. You think a team wants to sign injured players to max contracts? Not every team has a Howie.

5 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Do we know when/if Goedert will be back?

Nothing official to base this on, but gut feeling says first game after the bye.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Nothing official to base this on, but gut feeling says first game after the bye.  

One can never be too sure with this team based on Howard’s two month stinger and Jackson’s season ending groin injury last season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

IMO, he likely won't get a contract that big. I'm guessing probably a 5th-6th round comp pick if he's released.

He's under contract next year so they could still trade him in the off season. That's what I'd try to do.

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

IMO, he likely won't get a contract that big. I'm guessing probably a 5th-6th round comp pick if he's released.

He's under contract next year so they could still trade him in the off season. That's what I'd try to do.

There is no compensatory pick awarded if you release a player. 

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wentz was playing like garbage early in the season with his starters.  

True...but in all honesty "the Starters" played like a garbage as well

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There is no compensatory pick awarded if you release a player. 

Correct. My bad. He'd have to be a FA which doesn't happen until after the 2021 season. To get value for him, they'll have to trade him this coming off season.

8 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Correct. My bad. He'd have to be a FA which doesn't happen until after the 2021 season. To get value for him, they'll have to trade him this coming off season.

Not sure they will get much for him though! Our position will be weakened by the fact he will only have 1 year to run on his deal and teams know he is unhappy at his contract situation here. I think we'd be lucky to get a late third early fourth.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not sure they will get much for him though! Our position will be weakened by the fact he will only have 1 year to run on his deal and teams know he is unhappy at his contract situation here. I think we'd be lucky to get a late third early fourth.

I don't expect much in return but it's time to get what they can.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I don't expect much in return but it's time to get what they can.

Oh I absolutely agree there bud! He has no long term future here. 

16 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I will take it, pull the trigger today

16 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Yes . . . including  'Wounded Ducks'  like Kiko Alonso.

Not only was he damaged goods he was a degenerate in college.

The whole Oregon program was trash.  All because of Chip.

19 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Trust me bud, you weren’t getting much before the injury. 

Any news on Djax and Jeffery? Goedert? Reagor? I'm assuming Djax and Jeffery are closer to a return than the other 2.

This game literally boils down to me whether Lane plays. If he plays, and can play, we win. If he doesn’t, we lose. 

2 hours ago, Diddy1111 said:

Trade Ertz at the deadline. 

Can't, he will still be injured. Can't trade injured players. We are stuck with that bum. Only way to get anything is during the off season.

Pretty sure if Goedert didn't get injured, Ertz would have been dealt weeks ago. Instead we get double screwed bc of his injury.

9 hours ago, Diddy1111 said:

This game literally boils down to me whether Lane plays. If he plays, and can play, we win. If he doesn’t, we lose. 

Lane was a DNP on Monday and upgraded to a limited participant yesterday.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/20/lane-johnson-is-only-change-to-eagles-report-as-he-has-limited-practice/

He is a tough SOB and has played through injury before, so we shall see.  If Driscoll is still out (I haven't seen any updates on him) it sure would be helpful to have him suit up.  But gut feeling says he is still out since this is a short week.  Maybe he returns for the Dallas game ... that gives him another 10 days of rest to heal up.  If he still can't go then we have our bye week after that, so fingers crossed he (and many others like Reagor and Goedert) are good to go for that Nov 15th game against NY.  

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Trust me bud, you weren’t getting much before the injury. 

If they had traded him last offseason, like I said they should, they could have got decent value. But no, like usual, this team doesn’t understand when the right time is to move on from players. Whether it is age, money, etc. 

22 minutes ago, nipples said:

If they had traded him last offseason, like I said they should, they could have got decent value. But no, like usual, this team doesn’t understand when the right time is to move on from players. Whether it is age, money, etc. 

Who knows, maybe the decision was swayed more by Wentz.  He seems to have more influence over these kinds of decisions than you'd like.