Is John Hightower the new Agholor?

Jenkins27

On 10/20/2020 at 5:07 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The drops are becoming a real issue so he's got to get working on that. 

He's a rookie though and a late round pick so there is hope that he can learn from this. He's certainly getting every opportunity to turn things around. 

That is my hope. It depends on whether his issues are physical or mental, physical seems easier to fix. There aren't a lot of 5th round receivers that light it up the first year.

On 10/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, kentwo said:

Watkins's:

"He has good length and flashes the ability to snatch the ball of the air, but his hands are inconsistent."

"Ball awareness is poor within his route; often late to adjust or can't locate the pass."

"Doesn't love catching in traffic and won't sell out for passes."

Quez should be on the field until he proves otherwise, Hightower has already proved that he isn't ready for primetime so let's see what Quez can do. 

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Quez should be on the field until he proves otherwise, Hightower has already proved that he isn't ready for primetime so let's see what Quez can do. 

He's a fifth round pick, chance are his upside is 4th/5th WR. He needs to earn playing time. He clearly wasn't ready as they were trying to stash him on IR. The only reason he was activated was all the WR injuries.

48 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

He's a fifth round pick, chance are his upside is 4th/5th WR. He needs to earn playing time. He clearly wasn't ready as they were trying to stash him on IR. The only reason he was activated was all the WR injuries.

Brady was a 6th round pick, I won't waste my time coming up with many other lower round picks that turned out to be great players, bottom line, there are a lot of Howies serving as GMs and scouts.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Brady was a 6th round pick, I won't waste my time coming up with many other lower round picks that turned out to be great players, bottom line, there are a lot of Howies serving as GMs and scouts.

Yes Brady was. How many good starting NFL receivers were 5th round picks or later? I'm sure there are one or two but most are buried in the depth chart at best.

The Eagles will see how ready Watkins is in practice. Can he beat Craig James? Can he even beat practice squad CBs yet? If not he's not suddenly going to do it against NFL corners. Wentz won't even look his way in the same way that he doesn't with JJAW and didn't with Hollins. 

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yes Brady was. How many good starting NFL receivers were 5th round picks or later? I'm sure there are one or two but most are buried in the depth chart at best.

I told you, I'm not gonna waste my time with that but I'm sure there are much more than one or two.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:43 PM, EagleVA said:

I told you, I'm not gonna waste my time with that but I'm sure there are much more than one or two.

Apples and oranges with the different positions. They can't be compared. There has only been one late round QB with the success Brady has had and it has been Brady.

Anyway... What a great great catch by Hightower to get us going late in the game yesterday. I mean sure it was a hell of a throw by Wentz and right on the money but Hightower burned his opponent and made the catch.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyway... What a great great catch by Hightower to get us going late in the game yesterday. I mean sure it was a hell of a throw by Wentz and right on the money but Hightower burned his opponent and made the catch.

When you don't really want to actually be caught complimenting someone.. 

10 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

When you don't really want to actually be caught complimenting someone.. 

I complimented both. Great throw, great run, good catch. Got us going on that crucial drive.

He is still young and should develop. However if he still struggles with catching the ball, all I ask is that he become this guy ↓↓

67. Robert Horry, SF, Houston Rockets, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Lakers and  San Antonio Spurs | Robert horry, Nba legends, Los angeles lakers

Keep making the plays that matter kid...

15 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

He is still young and should develop. However if he still struggles with catching the ball, all I ask is that he become this guy ↓↓

67. Robert Horry, SF, Houston Rockets, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Lakers and  San Antonio Spurs | Robert horry, Nba legends, Los angeles lakers

Keep making the plays that matter kid...

Robert Horry used to get on my damn nerves lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, judunno said:

I'm hoping for next Todd Pinkston personally.

If he can be Pinkston without the V, that’s perfect for a 4th WR. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, EagleVA said:

Funny, he just made the play of the game literally in "Primetime”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Funny, he just made the play of the game literally in "Primetime”. 

It's about time don't you think??

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It's about time don't you think??

About time? It was the 7th game of his rookie season. He was a late round pick, your expectations are unrealistic if you expected him to explode onto the scene from day 1. 

• Like 4

This rookie has been beating people and getting open all year. Running nice routes as well. Best rookie wide receiver production we've had here in awhile. Good find in the 5th round. He needs reps and Wentz is going back to him, which is a good sign. He, Reagor and Fulgham are gonna be a tough crew to cover. And add Goedert. Nice foundation there of receivers.  And didn't even mention Greg Ward, who is has been a solid possession receiver that Carson finds. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

This rookie has been beating people and getting open all year. Running nice routes as well. Best rookie wide receiver production we've had here in awhile. Good find in the 5th round. He needs reps and Wentz is going back to him, which is a good sign. He, Reagor and Fulgham are gonna be a tough crew to cover. And add Goedert. Nice foundation there of receivers.  And didn't even mention Greg Ward, who is has been a solid possession receiver that Carson finds. 

Hightower will benefit from a full NFL offseason...weight conditioning and then hopefully a real training camp next year.  Once he gets more strength, I think he will really take even more of a jump. But, the fact that he can get separation this early is huge.  Most young WRs really struggle with getting separation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Guys....did Howie draft a decent pass catching option ?? :wacko:

They played the volume game, which is admirable in its own way. Knowing you stink at something so just getting 10 WR's and seeing what happens is a viable strategy.

• Like 1

I'm excited about the kid. When healthy Reagor, Fulgham, Hightower, Ward and Goeddert will be nice passing options for Wentz. The oldies Jeffery, Djax,Ertz can go.