Jaycee Horn (South Carolina CB) -- DRAFTED BY CAROLINA #8

Ray75

On 3/30/2021 at 6:52 AM, Ray75 said:

And right there we completely disagree! 

Give me the combo Horn and Marshall all day!

If this organisation is looking for a big X receiver in the vein of Pittman, Claypool or Jeffrey, Marshall is perfect.

I like Waddle but he’s the prototypical receiver we were looking for last year when we took Reagor. Smith’s frame still scares me and I don’t know if his playing style will translate all that well in the NFL at 170 lbs.

Marshall is 6’4”, 200 lbs and will likely run  sub 4.5. Like all LSU receivers, they lined him up everywhere.

So yes, the combination of Horn in the first and Marshall in the second sounds more appealing to me. Sorry!

On 3/30/2021 at 4:47 PM, PoconoDon said:

Jaycee Horn. I like him at #12.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:09 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm coming round to the idea. I'm still not a fan of the trade back but hey that's happened now.

Can somebody with authority pin Horn please? He is far more of a likely pick now than most of the players currently pinned (Chase, Pitts, Lance, Fields etc)

• Like 3

On 3/30/2021 at 1:52 AM, Ray75 said:

And right there we completely disagree! 

Give me the combo Horn and Marshall all day!

If this organisation is looking for a big X receiver in the vein of Pittman, Claypool or Jeffrey, Marshall is perfect.

I like Waddle but he’s the prototypical receiver we were looking for last year when we took Reagor. Smith’s frame still scares me and I don’t know if his playing style will translate all that well in the NFL at 170 lbs.

Marshall is 6’4”, 200 lbs and will likely run  sub 4.5. Like all LSU receivers, they lined him up everywhere.

So yes, the combination of Horn in the first and Marshall in the second sounds more appealing to me. Sorry!

If we don't go WR early (day 1 or 2), what are your thoughts on Seth Williams (Auburn) in one of the later rounds as an XWR prospect?

Just now, time2rock said:

If we don't go WR early (day 1 or 2), what are your thoughts on Seth Williams (Auburn) in one of the later rounds as an XWR prospect?

Ohhh, absolutely! That’s a guy you could probably get in the 4th.

It’s clear I want Surtain or Horn at #12 but if history tells us anything, it’s gonna be OL, DL or QB in the top 15. That’s what they always do...

I don’t want to even think about the Eagles taking Paye, Rousseau, Slater or Vera-Tucker at #12 but we have to be realistic here.

I fear Howie will shatter our dreams again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

i dont hate that

27 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

It’s clear I want Surtain or Horn at #12 but if history tells us anything, it’s gonna be OL, DL or QB in the top 15. That’s what they always do...

I don’t want to even think about the Eagles taking Paye, Rousseau, Slater or Vera-Tucker at #12 but we have to be realistic here.

As much as I'd love to go with an offensive weapon to help build around Hurts (or whoever the QB of the future may be), I think it may make more sense to add talent to some other areas with our day 1/2 picks and give a better look in the new offense (under new coaching) to some of the younger players we already have here (Reagor, Watkins, Hightower, Fulgham ... heck even JJAW).  I'm with you on Horn or Surtain at 12 (now that we moved back).  If we don't go Marshall at 37, I could come to like that pick on say LB, someone like Browning perhaps, or S if someone like Moehrig fell to us.  

On 4/6/2021 at 3:06 PM, Ray75 said:

Very true. Paye just screams Howie pick. I don't think he'll take a chance on someone as raw as Rousseau, but Slater or Vera-Tucker could also be in play.

11 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Very true. Paye just screams Howie pick. I don't think he'll take a chance on someone as raw as Rousseau, but Slater or Vera-Tucker could also be in play.

Unfortunately I think you're right. I think Paye is very much in play for us at #12.

My latest effort - kind of thinking if we don’t go offense early, it might wait until Day 3. Lots of defense... (I had another pick in the 4th which is cut off, Scary Terry WR).

71920FDB-49F8-46B5-8080-5EF7F3AC652D.jpeg

On 4/10/2021 at 7:34 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

My latest effort - kind of thinking if we don’t go offense early, it might wait until Day 3. Lots of defense... (I had another pick in the 4th which is cut off, Scary Terry WR).

71920FDB-49F8-46B5-8080-5EF7F3AC652D.jpeg

Same, Terry in the 4th (Seth Williams went off the board a few picks earlier)

Draft 21 c.png

On 4/13/2021 at 8:56 AM, QBhunter58 said:

Same, Terry in the 4th (Seth Williams went off the board a few picks earlier)

Draft 21 c.png

If he entered the draft last year I think he had a 3rd round value. Injuries and COVID shortened his season and apparently hurt his stock. Good size, good speed, OK hands and we don’t have much at X to bank on.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, Ray75 said:

I can't "Like" this because I don't actually like it.  But it's real.

Surtain/Horn is the OBVIOUS best pick.  But far too often the Eagles ignore what is obvious, only to later watch the guy they should have picked go on to be the terrific player that everyone else knew he would be.

(I'm still angry over them taking L.J. Smith when they could have had Witten.)

• Like 1

I think the eagles trading back into the top 10 for Jaycee Horn or Surtain would be a huge mistake. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I think the eagles trading back into the top 10 for Jaycee Horn or Surtain would be a huge mistake. 

That's where I'm at. Look both are good players. They are the top 2 corners in this year's draft and we need help at corner! But to trade back to to get Horn? Or Surtain? No thank you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's where I'm at. Look both are good players. They are the top 2 corners in this year's draft and we need help at corner! But to trade back to to get Horn? Or Surtain? No thank you. 

Agreed - stay where we are unless Chase or Pitts drop to 8 and we get a chance.

Horn or Surtain will probably fall to us. They are both good picks at 12, but I don't see anything to justify an aggressive move back up into the top 10 for one of these 2.

Still debateable which is the best corner. Heck it's probably Farley, he just has back issues.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agreed - stay where we are unless Chase or Pitts drop to 8 and we get a chance.

Horn or Surtain will probably fall to us. They are both good picks at 12, but I don't see anything to justify an aggressive move back up into the top 10 for one of these 2.

Yeah and even if Chase or Pitts drop it is hard to justify what it'll likely need to move back up. I mean given how many holes we have.

I mean Surtain / Horn and Bateman / Marshall or would you prefer just Chase or Pitts?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah and even if Chase or Pitts drop it is hard to justify what it'll likely need to move back up. I mean given how many holes we have.

I mean Surtain / Horn and Bateman / Marshall or would you prefer just Chase or Pitts?

Right with you - I would only consider it if the cost was reasonable (a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year at the most). Even then you would have to consider it hard given the other needs. I suspect we stay put and take Surtain or Horn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's pretty much exactly where I am at too.  Ideally we add 2 (maybe 3?) starters in this draft and then another 3 (maybe 4?) starters in next year's draft (considering all the high picks we'll have).  And hopefully a few of them pan out to be more than just "adequate" starters ... we really need to start adding pro bowl level talent to this roster.  

• Like 1

Pitts and Chase will be gone, I am kinda hoping Horn is the pick. It has been a long time since we have had a pro-bowl talent corner. And even longer since we drafted one. Horn fits the bill

7 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Pitts and Chase will be gone, I am kinda hoping Horn is the pick. It has been a long time since we have had a pro-bowl talent corner. And even longer since we drafted one. Horn fits the bill

Tough call, I have Horn at 12 on my mock, but Waddle/Smith are no slouches. I did this because this is a DEEP WR class and the CB's drop off(although you can still get good CB's in 2). With all the needs we have I didn't take a WR until round 5. This should be one of the more "interesting" drafts in my lifetime(I invented dirt)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Right with you - I would only consider it if the cost was reasonable (a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year at the most). Even then you would have to consider it hard given the other needs. I suspect we stay put and take Surtain or Horn.

I absolutely would not give up a second next year to go and get Horn. Do I like horn? Yes I do. But a second next year? For a team lacking so much talent? No thanks. 

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

That's pretty much exactly where I am at too.  Ideally we add 2 (maybe 3?) starters in this draft and then another 3 (maybe 4?) starters in next year's draft (considering all the high picks we'll have).  And hopefully a few of them pan out to be more than just "adequate" starters ... we really need to start adding pro bowl level talent to this roster.  

Completely agree. This team needs young players who can help out for years to come. That's both in terms of starters and rotational guys. 

• Like 1

I do like what's being said about Horn's competitive attitude.  I don't like trash-talking, but I do like that sense of ferocity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

I do like what's being said about Horn's competitive attitude.  I don't like trash-talking, but I do like that sense of ferocity.

Absolutely! And if he plays in Philly then he's going to need that kind of attitude.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:03 AM, ilikepargo said:

On 4/21/2021 at 7:16 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely! And if he plays in Philly then he's going to need that kind of attitude.

Bump - how is the most likely Eagles pick in the first still not pinned and buried near the bottom!

12 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bump - how is the most likely Eagles pick in the first still not pinned and buried near the bottom!

I'm not sure he is the most likely pick anymore. The closer we get the more I think it'll be a lineman or they'll trade back.