Week 8 Injury Tracker: Ridgeway out for season, Lane getting MRI, DJax on IR/surgery

time2rock

A few notable injuries sustained last night.  First to Lane Johnson - he reportedly suffered a knee injury and is getting an MRI to determine the extent of the injury:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/23/lane-johnson-getting-mri-on-knee/

Also, DJax is believed to have suffered a high ankle sprain and may need surgery (also getting an MRI):

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/23/eagles-fear-desean-jackson-suffered-high-ankle-sprain/

Too bad about Ridgeway. He'd been playing well this year.

Let's play "roster musical chairs"

DJax and Ridgeway go on IR this week.

It's likely TY McGill will be promoted to the 53 man roster, given that Malik is likely out next week, we only have healthy DTs and McGill can't be promoted from the PS again.

That leaves 1 open roster spot, which will likely go to TJ Edwards, who Doug said should be back this week.

Doug also said that JP and Ford are close to returning.

Assuming all 3 come back this week, which 2 players get cut or go on IR (even if it's of the "phantom" variety).

I'm thinking Craig James, who hurt his hamstring again goes on IR. 

Brett Toth isn't getting cut given the injuries at OT and they signed him on waivers. 

Jason Huntley and Hasson Butler were also guys they signed on waivers, so they must like them, so they're safe, not to mention the injuries to Miles Sanders and Ertz and Goedert require depth at those positions

Tyrone Croom would be the next logical pick, but again, they need depth at TE.  

My guess is that they'll cut Quez Watkins and hope to get him through waivers and sign him to the PS. With our luck this year, the Giants or Cowboys will probably claim him.

I heard Reagor has the cast off his thumb and is catching passes and is 'ahead of schedule'. Didn't hear when he might be back though, I mean for what game. My guess would be after the bye week.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

we sure could use some good news for a change. smh

I know they say other teams are more injured than the Eagles but it sure doesn’t seem like it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, erformc said:

Too bad about Ridgeway. He'd been playing well this year.

Let's play "roster musical chairs"

DJax and Ridgeway go on IR this week.

It's likely TY McGill will be promoted to the 53 man roster, given that Malik is likely out next week, we only have healthy DTs and McGill can't be promoted from the PS again.

That leaves 1 open roster spot, which will likely go to TJ Edwards, who Doug said should be back this week.

Doug also said that JP and Ford are close to returning.

Assuming all 3 come back this week, which 2 players get cut or go on IR (even if it's of the "phantom" variety).

I'm thinking Craig James, who hurt his hamstring again goes on IR. 

Brett Toth isn't getting cut given the injuries at OT and they signed him on waivers. 

Jason Huntley and Hasson Butler were also guys they signed on waivers, so they must like them, so they're safe, not to mention the injuries to Miles Sanders and Ertz and Goedert require depth at those positions

Tyrone Croom would be the next logical pick, but again, they need depth at TE.  

My guess is that they'll cut Quez Watkins and hope to get him through waivers and sign him to the PS. With our luck this year, the Giants or Cowboys will probably claim him.

I’d say Croom or Butler are way more likely to get cut than Watkins. They spent a draft pick on Watkins and reports are he’s been decent in practice. Way easier to find a 5th string TE. 

1 hour ago, wtfcares said:

I’d say Croom or Butler are way more likely to get cut than Watkins. They spent a draft pick on Watkins and reports are he’s been decent in practice. Way easier to find a 5th string TE. 

I agree with Croom being the likely candidate but what's tricky here is that if Ertz or Godert aren't ready, are you willing to go with just 2 TEs, 1 of whom (Butler) just played his 1st game last night?

Although they do have another TE (Caleb Wilson) on the PS who they could bring up for 2 games if need be.

Don't see any beat guys reporting it yet, but according to the Eagles website T.Y. McGill is now listed as being on the 53 man roster.  Also, Daeshon Hall is no longer listed as being on PUP (nor was he moved to the active roster) so it appears that he's been released, likely with an injury settlement. Poor guy lost a shot at making the team this year because Pat Shurmur insisted on calling time outs in the last game of the year while down 20 points.

So Lane likely to miss a good amount of time then... Jackson probably doesn't return and to be honest he shouldn't. Ridgeway out and so is Malik so again our great DT rotation and depth has gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Three injuries and two major. This team has been getting injured since like April it seems. 

Yeah, April of 2018.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

DJax injured? You don't say.

At least this one was from a legit hit, not because he bent over to pull up a sock and tore his hammy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBW said:

At least this one was from a legit hit, not because he bent over to pull up a sock and tore his hammy.  

Legit?  It was a dirty late hit. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Three injuries and two major. This team has been getting injured since like 2017. 

Fyp

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

Legit?  It was a dirty late hit. 

Considering his last two injuries were basically from breathing and walking, I’d say ANY hit on desoft is an injury risk. 

• Like 1

Like I said before... this happened bc the team needed a spark. Someone in the GDT earlier in the game said we need someone more dynamic than Ward. Then I replied, it would probably be Djax but they most likely wanna avoid unnecessary hits....

So bc we had so many misfires early on, it lead to us trying to find a spark... maybe that spark was him getting injured and the team wanted to win for him. Who knows. It sucks!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Like I said before... this happened bc the team needed a spark. Someone in the GDT earlier in the game said we need someone more dynamic than Ward. Then I replied, it would probably be Djax but they most likely wanna avoid unnecessary hits....

So bc we had so many misfires early on, it lead to us trying to find a spark... maybe that spark was him getting injured and the team wanted to win for him. Who knows. It sucks!

You honestly think anyone on this team cares about desoft and would rally around the guy who put himself before the team in delaying surgery last year?  These young kids don’t give a damn about a broken down 30something year old wr who even when healthy doesn’t practice because it’s a veteran rest day.  

the only people on this town who care about desoft are the guys who smoke Newport’s and wear shoulder pads to watch the game on their moms couch. 

He played 2 full seasons his entire career.  he’s done.  He was done before he came back here.  

17 minutes ago, DBW said:

You honestly think anyone on this team cares about desoft and would rally around the guy who put himself before the team in delaying surgery last year?  These young kids don’t give a damn about a broken down 30something year old wr who even when healthy doesn’t practice because it’s a veteran rest day.  

the only people on this town who care about desoft are the guys who smoke Newport’s and wear shoulder pads to watch the game on their moms couch. 

He played 2 full seasons his entire career.  he’s done.  He was done before he came back here.  

Non Surgery was on the team. Just like they mismanaged Alshon this year with no ir.

8 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I heard Reagor has the cast off his thumb and is catching passes and is 'ahead of schedule'. Didn't hear when he might be back though, I mean for what game. My guess would be after the bye week.

I would bet that Reagor is back for Dallas.     It's a damn thumb.   He was nearly ready to play against the Giants.

Dallas is a division game.   With no DJ, they will need Reagor's speed.    I totally expect him to suit up in 10 days.

• Like 1