Week 8 Injury Tracker: Ridgeway out for season, Lane getting MRI, DJax on IR/surgery

time2rock

On 10/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, Portyansky said:

Think he should sit, unless he's out there for a limited roll.

A Shorti or a Junior?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Goedert returns to practice.  Enters the 21 day practice window where they’ll either need to add him to the active roster or shut him down for the year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/28/dallas-goedert-returning-to-practice-for-eagles/

I think he probably returns after the bye right? Another couple of weeks to get him ready... 

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he probably returns after the bye right? Another couple of weeks to get him ready... 

That’s been my gut feeling for the past few weeks.  Fingers crossed.  

Once a player is activated from the PUP list, he is not eligible to go on IR with the same injury. This could be a case (Jeffery) where if there is no trade partner by the deadline, this new injury will make him eligible for IR and with the new IR rules, we would still be able to activate him down the road (after 3 weeks) if injuries create a need. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Once a player is activated from the PUP list, he is not eligible to go on IR with the same injury. This could be a case (Jeffery) where if there is no trade partner by the deadline, this new injury will make him eligible for IR and with the new IR rules, we would still be able to activate him down the road (after 3 weeks) if injuries create a need. 

I'd just send him the f home at this point, tell him stay there until we can cut you.........

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Jeffery has been cleared from his Lisfranc injury, but he suffered a calf injury and was ruled out for the Thursday night win over the New York Giants.”

Are Eagles players so fragile that they can’t even get out of light practices without injuring themselves?

This is what happens to athletes especially older ones that haven't played in a while. They are prone to soft tissue injuries. I still feel he can help us. Obviously if they can trade him, they will. But if they can't, might as well play him since we're paying him. Only way I see any team that may be interested is for him to play this weekend and show he is ready to go.

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Absolutely NOT!  Let the young guys get valuable playing time.  AJ doesn't care.  You really seem him busting it on the field?  He's not busting it to get out there.  That's this teams problem.  Giving old beat up entitled (and paid) vets the benefit of the doubt.  Successful teams in this league, do not reward players with money and playing time on what they've done in the past.  They reward those for what they can do in the current or the future.  

They shouldn't have paid him.  But the best way to handle someone like him, is to sit him until he's chomping at the bit.  And I don't see it with him anymore.  At least not here.  

I agree.  To me the ONLY reason to play AJ this year would be to showcase himself to the rest of the league to potentially stir up interest to trade him.  Otherwise I'd much rather let the young guys get valuable play time to expedite their development - let them take their lumps in what is almost surely a lost season to better prepare them for a larger role as early as next year when you have to assume both AJ and DJax will be gone (rightfully so).  

35 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I agree.  To me the ONLY reason to play AJ this year would be to showcase himself to the rest of the league to potentially stir up interest to trade him.  Otherwise I'd much rather let the young guys get valuable play time to expedite their development - let them take their lumps in what is almost surely a lost season to better prepare them for a larger role as early as next year when you have to assume both AJ and DJax will be gone (rightfully so).  

The other reason would be if they think, at some point, he can help them win games. Despite everything we've seen so far this season the Eagles have a very good shot at a home playoff game and have been strong finishers the past couple of years.  Once you get into the playoffs anything can happen. They're starting to get healthy too. 

We had high hopes at the beginning of the season.  Let's see where we are heading into the bye. 

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Jeffery has been cleared from his Lisfranc injury, but he suffered a calf injury and was ruled out for the Thursday night win over the New York Giants.”

Are Eagles players so fragile that they can’t even get out of light practices without injuring themselves?

If you are smart like a lot of us are, you would understand that this "injury” is a joke, there’s a lot going on inside the locker room and this is just a cover up. There is no calf injury, there is no illness, the organization is trying to hide the fact that this whole Alshon deal was abysmal. He will not suit up for the eagles again. Book it, he’s fine he just won’t play for us and the organization is covering up the fact. They need to cut him or admit the fact that they made a mistake 

21 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

If you are smart like a lot of us are, you would understand that this "injury” is a joke, there’s a lot going on inside the locker room and this is just a cover up. There is no calf injury, there is no illness, the organization is trying to hide the fact that this whole Alshon deal was abysmal. He will not suit up for the eagles again. Book it, he’s fine he just won’t play for us and the organization is covering up the fact. They need to cut him or admit the fact that they made a mistake 

I agree. They have no intention of playing him. I believe they have not put him on IR and have been letting it known he’s recovered from the Lis Franc in hopes they can trade him before the deadline. Once the deadline passes if he’s still here, he’ll go on IR for the year. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I agree. They have no intention of playing him. I believe they have not put him on IR and have been letting it known he’s recovered from the Lis Franc in hopes they can trade him before the deadline. Once the deadline passes if he’s still here, he’ll go on IR for the year. 

Because yet another injury will entice teams to want to swing a deal for him.  

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Because yet another injury will entice teams to want to swing a deal for him.  

Ok so then what do they do? Make him a healthy scratch? Because that would look even worse. 

48 minutes ago, nipples said:

Ok so then what do they do? Make him a healthy scratch? Because that would look even worse. 

I simply meant, incurring yet another injury will make him untradeable.  So seems the options are: (1) play him, (2) IR him, or (3) sit him.  

5 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

Then they should have just put him on IR and not have him take up a roster spot for the past two months. They look like fools for doing so. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then they should have just put him on IR and not have him take up a roster spot for the past two months. They look like fools for doing so. 

It’s been a disaster and the eagles are hiding something behind this cover up, it’s embarrassing 

2 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

It’s been a disaster and the eagles are hiding something behind this cover up, it’s embarrassing 

All I know is there’s not one GM who would trade for Alshon after being out for a year with the injury he had and still not able to prove he can play. Heck and that without brining up that horrible contract Howie gave him. 

25 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Any news on Miles? Is he out Sunday?

He did not participate in practice yesterday so I’d imagine he is out.  Hopefully we see a bit more of Huntley mixed in.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Any news on Miles? Is he out Sunday?

Out

FB_IMG_1604089966367.jpg

• Sad 1