Week 8 Injury Tracker: Ridgeway out for season, Lane getting MRI, DJax on IR/surgery

time2rock

21 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Non Surgery was on the team. Just like they mismanaged Alshon this year with no ir.

Actually you’re wrong.  The player is not obligated to undergo any surgery.  They suggested surgery but He CHOSE to try to rehab with the team docs versus having surgery and that was his mistake because the team docs are equivalent of doc mcstuffins.   

1 hour ago, DBW said:

the only people in this town who care about desoft are the guys who smoke Newport’s and wear shoulder pads to watch the game on their moms couch. 

And are playing Madden NFL 22 ?

Now there's a mental image . . .

11 hours ago, Pliny said:

I would bet that Reagor is back for Dallas.     It's a damn thumb.   He was nearly ready to play against the Giants.

Dallas is a division game.   With no DJ, they will need Reagor's speed.    I totally expect him to suit up in 10 days.

We have our bye after the Dallas game, so if he doesn’t suit up for that game game then surely we should expect to see him (and probably a few others) for the following game.  That gives our injured players 3 1/2 weeks to rest and recover following this past Thursday’s game.

11 hours ago, DBW said:

Actually you’re wrong.  The player is not obligated to undergo any surgery.  They suggested surgery but He CHOSE to try to rehab with the team docs versus having surgery and that was his mistake because the team docs are equivalent of doc mcstuffins.   

So a crappy team doctor tells him he should have surgery but he doesn't listen because it's a crappy doctor. The rehab time from the surgery and the time to heal without the surgery are the same amount of time. Yet it's Deseans fault for not listening to Doc Mcstuffins about having surgery. Some solid logic there. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 6:57 AM, 20dawk4life said:

So a crappy team doctor tells him he should have surgery but he doesn't listen because it's a crappy doctor. The rehab time from the surgery and the time to heal without the surgery are the same amount of time. Yet it's Deseans fault for not listening to Doc Mcstuffins about having surgery. Some solid logic there. 

Surgery is always up to the player. You can't force a medical procedure on an employee. Face it, Jackson had never gone under the knife before and he was scared and chose to bet on his own body's ability to heal. He chose poorly. You can't pin his choice on the team that encouraged him to chose the other option. 

On 10/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Three injuries and two major. This team has been getting injured since like 2017 it seems. 

Fixed this for you

On 10/24/2020 at 9:57 AM, 20dawk4life said:

21 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Surgery is always up to the player. You can't force a medical procedure on an employee. Face it, Jackson had never gone under the knife before and he was scared and chose to bet on his own body's ability to heal. He chose poorly. You can't pin his choice on the team that encouraged him to chose the other option. 

When a player does not go along with a team's medical advice and misses time as a result, there are ways out of their contract.  Too late now, but an interesting "what if."

On 10/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, PoconoDon said:

2 come back and 3 go out. Seems right for this team.

You’re not allowed to quote facts around here. Makes the milinnials sad and their manginas weep. 

• Haha 1

Reagor had the cast on his thumb removed (2 weeks ahead of schedule) and is catching balls.  
https://heavy.com/sports/eagles-jalen-reagor-thumb-injury-update/

Will be interesting to see if he plays against Dallas or will be held out next Sunday since we have a bye the following week and he returns 11/15 against the Giants. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Reagor had the cast on his thumb removed (2 weeks ahead of schedule) and is catching balls.  
https://heavy.com/sports/eagles-jalen-reagor-thumb-injury-update/

Will be interesting to see if he plays against Dallas or will be held out next Sunday since we have a bye the following week and he returns 11/15 against the Giants. 

Think he should sit, unless he's out there for a limited roll.

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Reagor, Peters, Edwards, and Ford have been activated to the 21 day practice window.  

https://heavy.com/sports/eagles-injury-updates-jason-peters-back/

Still no word on Goedert.

I hope Edwards and Reagor can return if not this week then after the bye. I guess there's a good chance that all 4 return after the bye but I'm not interested in Ford or JP really. I guess they bring depth. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope Edwards and Reagor can return if not this week then after the bye. I guess there's a good chance that all 4 return after the bye but I'm not interested in Ford or JP really. I guess they bring depth. 

Have to think they'll both be ready for the next Giants game.  Ford is a good STer so getting him back to help there would be good.  Agreed on JP - good for depth but they really need to leave Mailata in there now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Have to think they'll both be ready for the next Giants game.  Ford is a good STer so getting him back to help there would be good.  Agreed on JP - good for depth but they really need to leave Mailata in there now.  

JP would be the best option for RG. Pryor, Opeta and Brown aren't cutting it. Leave Herbig at LG till Seumalo comes back.

7 minutes ago, erformc said:

JP would be the best option for RG. Pryor, Opeta and Brown aren't cutting it. Leave Herbig at LG till Seumalo comes back.

Agreed, if he is inserted back into the starting lineup I'd hope it would be RG and not LT.  But something tells me the respect the FO and coaching staff have for him will play a role in this and he will be back at LT even though at this point Mailata is the better option.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yeah JP is good depth but at this point I don't think he should even be considered to start. We should roll with Mailata and JP can cover at LT and OG.

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Can't they just use Reagor as a decoy at least?

Is he out? Don't think he is that "scary" to the opposing D, YET.

14 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Is he out? Don't think he is that "scary" to the opposing D, YET.

I know he's been placed in the 21 day practice window

Not that I even want him back, but I said in the offseason I don’t expect Alshon back until the beginning of December. I was told by many how it isn’t going to take that long, blah blah blah. Well, isn’t playing this week, then there’s a BYE. So the EARLIEST he could be on the field is November 15th. Starting to look like I was right. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not that I even want him back, but I said in the offseason I don’t expect Alshon back until the beginning of December. I was told by many how it isn’t going to take that long, blah blah blah. Well, isn’t playing this week, then there’s a BYE. So the EARLIEST he could be on the field is November 15th. Starting to look like I was right. 

Alshon will most likely never play for the Eagles again, he won’t take the field I expect the eagles to cut him at some point 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Alshon will most likely never play for the Eagles again, he won’t take the field I expect the eagles to cut him at some point 

I hope so. I mean at this point roll with the youngsters. Alshon gives this team nothing. 

They should not rush Lane Johnson back out there, or anyone else not ready.  Let them rest and recover through the bye and come back healthy then.  

I would love to see Goedert or Reagor out there to add to Fulgham and Ward but not at the risk of reinjury from returning too fast.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

They should not rush Lane Johnson back out there, or anyone else not ready.  Let them rest and recover through the bye and come back healthy then.  

I would love to see Goedert or Reagor out there to add to Fulgham and Ward but not at the risk of reinjury from returning too fast.

My thoughts exactly.  Should they miss the Dallas game, that will give them an additional 2 weeks to recover (3.5 weeks total since last game against NY).  I'm sure for someone like Lane that will be huge with that bum ankle.