Week 8 Injury Tracker: Ridgeway out for season, Lane getting MRI, DJax on IR/surgery

time2rock

16 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Don't understand why they'd send Lane back out there again, headed into a bye week. Just let the dude rest.

Agreed.  They can get by with Mailata.  Not like he is Winston Justice out there.  

I’ve loved this kid’s attitude since day one... wonder if the "If you want to keep nursing it, you can go keep nursing it” is a bit of a subtle shot at anyone in particular...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’ve loved this kid’s attitude since day one... wonder if the "If you want to keep nursing it, you can go keep nursing it” is a bit of a subtle shot at anyone in particular...

It seems like Alshon has the exact opposite mentality. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

YESSSSSSS (for Gerry)

I was expecting quite a few to have the same reaction when I was posting that update.  :lol:

• Haha 1

T Jack Driscoll (ankle), CB Craig James (hamstring), WR Alshon Jeffery (calf), CB Cre'von LeBlanc (quadricep), and RB Miles Sanders (knee) have been ruled out for the Eagles this weekend.

Per PFT.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/30/nfl-week-8-injury-report-roundup-aaron-jones-out-again-this-week/

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

Out

FB_IMG_1604089966367.jpg

With Sanders out, I hope to see them mixing in Huntley more.  I’m sure Scott will still serve as lead back but would like to see them continue to increase the number of touches for Huntley.  

• Like 1

If Lane is starting, they better not pull Mailata for Peters,  it was dumb when they did it to Dillard last year and it would be dumber here.

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If Lane is starting, they better not pull Mailata for Peters,  it was dumb when they did it to Dillard last year and it would be dumber here.

Completely agree ... the numbers even support Mailata has been the better overall player this year:  

JP - 141 pass blocking snaps: 7 blown blocks, 3 sacks

Mailata - 188 pass blocking snaps:  5 blown blocks, 2 sacks

But you know they’ll play JP anyway sheerly our of loyalty/respect. 

On 10/30/2020 at 2:14 PM, Kz! said:

Don't understand why they'd send Lane back out there again, headed into a bye week. Just let the dude rest.

Lane wants to play. Let him play. 

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

I was expecting quite a few to have the same reaction when I was posting that update.  :lol:

So ... who will be wearing the headset helmet with Gerry out? 

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Completely agree ... the numbers even support Mailata has been the better overall player this year:  

JP - 141 pass blocking snaps: 7 blown blocks, 3 sacks

Mailata - 188 pass blocking snaps:  5 blown blocks, 2 sacks

But you know they’ll play JP anyway sheerly our of loyalty/respect. 

JP wasn't 100%.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

So ... who will be wearing the headset helmet with Gerry out? 

I’m thinking maybe Edwards.

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I’m thinking maybe Edwards.

That would  be interesting since they don't view him as a 3-down LB. 

Thinking all the injuries are the Strength and Conditioning coaches. Players coming back early could be the new Chief Medical Officer paying dividends.

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

That would  be interesting since they don't view him as a 3-down LB. 

Do we have any of those on the roster?  

Maybe McLeod calls the defense?  Didn’t we have a S do that periodically in the past?  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Do we have any of those on the roster?  

Maybe McLeod calls the defense?  Didn’t we have a S do that periodically in the past?  

That's who I think might be capable of doing it. He's been here long enough to know everyone else's position responsibilities and call protections. It doesn't always have to be a linebacker wearing it.

• Like 1

According to Jay Glazer and other sources Johnson's knee and ankle swelled up overnight and he has been downgraded to OUT for tonight's game against Dallas.

Obviously not having LJ makes the team worse, but there are 2 positives.

1. He clearly was not 100% since he tried to come back in Game 2.  Best to not play him so he has this week and the bye week to recover.

2. I don't have to take my high blood pressure medication watching Mailata sit while JP plays LT, at least for this week. But for future games if Lane healthy and Peters is playing LT over Mailata my head will explode.

1 hour ago, erformc said:

According to Jay Glazer and other sources Johnson's knee and ankle swelled up overnight and he has been downgraded to OUT for tonight's game against Dallas.

Obviously not having LJ makes the team worse, but there are 2 positives.

1. He clearly was not 100% since he tried to come back in Game 2.  Best to not play him so he has this week and the bye week to recover.

2. I don't have to take my high blood pressure medication watching Mailata sit while JP plays LT, at least for this week. But for future games if Lane healthy and Peters is playing LT over Mailata my head will explode.

Better they give him the day off ... that’ll give him 2 more full weeks to heal since we have our bye next week.  No sense pushing him onto the field risking further injury then needing to be shut down longer.  

BTW PFT is saying he is questionable:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/01/eagles-announce-lane-johnson-is-questionable-for-sunday-night/

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Better they give him the day off ... that’ll give him 2 more full weeks to heal since we have our bye next week.  No sense pushing him onto the field risking further injury then needing to be shut down longer.  

BTW PFT is saying he is questionable:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/01/eagles-announce-lane-johnson-is-questionable-for-sunday-night/

That was before the Fox Sports report came out.  This AM the team downgraded him to questionable, and subsequently the media reports all said he's out for tonight.

• Like 1