Has our offense ever looked so boring?

wtfcares

2 minutes ago, What The F said:

Have they removed screen passes from this offense? 

Completely ineffective with this team. Wentz will either f up the pass or the play just gets blown up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The QB can barely hit the side of a barn door. He's missing open guys. He can't lead a WR with a pass. He can't hit them in stride. Doug doesn't trust him to go through his reads.

I disagree. I don’t see wide open receivers he’s missing. Earlier on in the year? Sure there were some. But past few weeks not really. I see him constantly holding on the ball long waiting for routes to develop/for someone to get open. He can’t lead a WR with a pass because we don’t run any routes in the middle of the field, and we have safeties sitting deep on the go routes because they know that’s all we run. He doesn’t even get the opportunity to lead his receivers. 

1 minute ago, EagleMatt said:

Completely ineffective with this team. Wentz will either f up the pass or the play just gets blown up.

5 minutes ago, What The F said:

Have they removed screen passes from this offense? 

He threw a perfect one to clement yesterday where the blocks were also solid ahead of him. Of course clement dropped it. You can tell by his frustration after he knew he had a huge gain ahead of him. 

14 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

I disagree. I don’t see wide open receivers he’s missing. Earlier on in the year? Sure there were some. But past few weeks not really. I see him constantly holding on the ball long waiting for routes to develop/for someone to get open. He can’t lead a WR with a pass because we don’t run any routes in the middle of the field, and we have safeties sitting deep on the go routes because they know that’s all we run. He doesn’t even get the opportunity to lead his receivers. 

He can't hit a WR in stride or lead them because he doesn't have the accuracy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He can't hit a WR in stride or lead them because he doesn't have the accuracy.

We saw him do it plenty in 2017 when given the chance with a good OC creating plays. Is it a coincidence that Reich leaves, and Wentz regresses 3 years in a row? 

Don't know if it's been said yet, but it seems like no play builds off of another play most of the time.

It's just 'hey run this play'. Then 'Hey run this play'. What is their Identity as an Offense? What is their 'go-to' for successful plays?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Don't know if it's been said yet, but it seems like no play builds off of another play most of the time.

It's just 'hey run this play'. Then 'Hey run this play'. What is their Identity as an Offense? What is their 'go-to' for successful plays?

Every play just seems to turn into hold the ball too long and just chuck it deep. Let’s see what happens. 

• Like 2

Wentz is playing trash with some astonishing highlight reel plays thrown in now and then just to give us all that sliver of hope that he can re find his 2017 form.

From the outside looking in, it seems the issue is that wentz doesn’t like being told what to do, and is too proud to work on his issues. The problem we’ve now created is that he’s used to complete autonomy. Even if they got someone in to ride him and drill mechanics in week on week, I don’t think it would work at this stage.

We need to at least test the water with hurts at this point to see what we have with him. If he stinks, then fine, play wentz and try to get as much value for him in a trade as you can and draft the next prospect.

27 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

We saw him do it plenty in 2017 when given the chance with a good OC creating plays. Is it a coincidence that Reich leaves, and Wentz regresses 3 years in a row? 

The level of protecting that Wentz gets... I don't think a new born baby gets as much protection. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The level of protecting that Wentz gets... I don't think a new born baby gets as much protection. 

There’s no doubt we can all see Wentz isn’t playing well. No one is trying to protect him, we’re just trying to understand why this is happening. You didn’t answer my question. Do you see the regression over the last 3 years and think it has nothing to do with coaching/play design? 

3 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

There’s no doubt we can all see Wentz isn’t playing well. No one is trying to protect him, we’re just trying to understand why this is happening. You didn’t answer my question. Do you see the regression over the last 3 years and think it has nothing to do with coaching/play design? 

I think the two go hand in hand. But I think Doug is really limited because Wentz is playing so badly and is so erratic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

Interceptions and fumbles lost suck, but they're certainly not boring

I dunno... Anything done with such regularity is pretty boring. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How can he get creative please do tell me? Wentz is playing like garbage for the most part. The OL has had so many injuries and the offense as a whole isn't executing. And all of that isn't dissolving Doug of blame. He's got to do a better job, he's got to be smarter and be less predictable. I think his play calling is a real issue but he's not the biggest issue with this team. Carson is. 

I always enjoy listening to Greg Cosell.  He speaks of our limited offensive concepts and for years about our limited offensive skill.  We require our WRs to win one on one battles to get open.  Other teams like the Chiefs use motion, stack sides, have many more creative route trees used in combination.  Andy understands using deep speed to create space that others fill, allowing for easy long completions.  We have next to no deep passing game.  Nor much of an intermediate passing game.  It's like having a high school coach and going up against college coaches.  Unfortunately Doug and his crew are little brains when it comes to creating a modern passing offense and Howie has no clue on how to draft players if we did.  Worst RBs in the league 2 years ago, worst WRs in the league last year and now a track team drafted rather than fast football players.  This is a team going no where.  Maybe 7-8-1 and a false division title and a pick in the 20s.  Our best players last night were BG, Currie & Cox, all older.  The sooner we clean house the faster this gets turned around.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I dunno... Anything done with such regularity is pretty boring. 

For this team to put up only 15 points against that defense these guys may want to do some serious souls searching. The quarterback was trying to give this game away and those failed 4th downs were maddening too. I don’t see why Doug can’t realize his offense was struggling. Just punt and rely on your defense at that point.

2 hours ago, wtfcares said:

2017 WAS THREE YEARS AGO

8 hours ago, weko said:

The sooner we clean house the faster this gets turned around.

Sadly that isn't happening whilst Howie is here. He's shown that he can't make those difficult sentimental decisions despite talking about having to make them.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

For this team to put up only 15 points against that defense these guys may want to do some serious souls searching. The quarterback was trying to give this game away and those failed 4th downs were maddening too. I don’t see why Doug can’t realize his offense was struggling. Just punt and rely on your defense at that point.

Oh absolutely that's a disgrace and I hope this offense uses the bye week to really think about what they are doing and what they need to do differently. 

17 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

A hot route requires an adjustment made to the blitzing player allowing the qb to focus on that receiver. Our offense does not have them. Hence wentz not looking their direction, them blocking each other, and wentz not having enough time to make his reads to get to his second, third, or fourth option.

Also notice my original point of the oline being the main problem. In your picture you can see LVE go in touched on his way to Wentz. They rushed 5. We had 5 blocking. The oline is the problem. 

Also the defender running free is right in front of Wentz so if Wentz throws that it's getting batted down. 

23 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Wentz needs to answer to his boss on that coaching staff, whoever that may be. He needs more guidance and direction and less autonomy. He's clearly not ready to be left to his own devices. When DeFilippo was riding him hard, he played great. Some people respond to that style even if they whine about it. Somebody there needs to be Carson's boss, period.

Yep, but they need to be able to be his boss and not have it potentially cost them their job. The only thing worse than an entitlement complex, is people, important people feeding into it. 

19 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

that's why im saying everything has to change from the qb to the offensive identity aka doug, we need a chip kelly style no huddle offense and a qb that will get rid of the ball faster.

It’s comments like this that have people convinced you like doing cartwheels without using your hands. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s comments like this that have people convinced you like doing cartwheels without using your hands. 

Chip Kelly's offense at it's worst in his last year was better than Doug's every year bar 2017, that's subjectively by eye test and objectively by statistical output.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely that's a disgrace and I hope this offense uses the bye week to really think about what they are doing and what they need to do differently. 

At this point I have ZERO faith that this offense will look any different when we return from the bye to play NY.  Doug is too stubborn ... he'd rather keep trying the SOS until they "get it right" rather than change what he is asking them to do.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

At this point I have ZERO faith that this offense will look any different when we return from the bye to play NY.  Doug is too stubborn ... he'd rather keep trying the SOS until they "get it right" rather than change what he is asking them to do.   

I think you are right about Doug. System vs. personnel. It's the eternal football struggle.

9 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Chip Kelly's offense at it's worst in his last year was better than Doug's every year bar 2017, that's subjectively by eye test and objectively by statistical output.

I hope you understand that a criticism of Chip’s offense is not a defense of Doug’s.