Has our offense ever looked so boring?

wtfcares

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

At this point I have ZERO faith that this offense will look any different when we return from the bye to play NY.  Doug is too stubborn ... he'd rather keep trying the SOS until they "get it right" rather than change what he is asking them to do.   

A funny thing about Doug’s teams also, opposite Reid who was unbeaten with a one week preparation advantage, Doug has been almost the opposite. I believe 2017 is the only time he’s won after a bye week, and that was the game we went down 9-7 at the half in Dallas before outscoring them 30-0 in the 2nd half. Giving Doug extra time hasn’t been conducive to faster starts. 

yes, several times during the 80's and a few times during the 90's and then Chips last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

you're blaming Wentz? lol. 

They threw like 6-8 against the Cowboys. all the throws were basically perfect. Think they got 5 yards total

Hard to run a screen when everyone in the building knows when it's coming

Wasn't referring to just 1 game.

While Wentz hasn't been playing well, I think the play calling has been terrible. Since the QB is struggling why not call more timing throws to get some rhythm going. In the Dallas game, I can only recall one timing throw where Wentz takes the snap, three step drop, and fired the ball to Goddert. Also, the team leads the league in deep ball throws with 45 passes going 20+ yards. Why going deep so often? Especially when they are in 22nd in actual deep ball completion? When they go deep, Wentz has to hold onto the ball longer which can lead to sacks. Or they need to keep RB/TE combo in to help block which reduces the number of routes being run which can lead to sacks and/or Wentz forcing the ball as he has limited receivers out on routes since the rest are blocking. The team is almost last in bunch WR sets and using pre-snap motion. I guess maybe this is because the skill players are young and they don't want to confuse them, but this creates a pretty boring and non-effective offense while also limiting Wentz's ability to read the coverages. I think few things in life are caused by one source, but Wentz's decision making and lack of getting rid of the ball is tied to ineffective coaching coupled with poor play calling which is compounded by injuries that accentuates poor drafting strategies. 

6 hours ago, kentwo said:

While Wentz hasn't been playing well, I think the play calling has been terrible. Since the QB is struggling why not call more timing throws to get some rhythm going. In the Dallas game, I can only recall one timing throw where Wentz takes the snap, three step drop, and fired the ball to Goddert. Also, the team leads the league in deep ball throws with 45 passes going 20+ yards. Why going deep so often? Especially when they are in 22nd in actual deep ball completion? When they go deep, Wentz has to hold onto the ball longer which can lead to sacks. Or they need to keep RB/TE combo in to help block which reduces the number of routes being run which can lead to sacks and/or Wentz forcing the ball as he has limited receivers out on routes since the rest are blocking. The team is almost last in bunch WR sets and using pre-snap motion. I guess maybe this is because the skill players are young and they don't want to confuse them, but this creates a pretty boring and non-effective offense while also limiting Wentz's ability to read the coverages. I think few things in life is just caused by one source, but Wentz's decision making and lack of getting rid of the ball is tied to ineffective coaching coupled with poor play calling which is compounded by injuries that accentuates poor drafting strategies. 

While Wentz has definitely been bad ... I mean really bad this year ... Doug has been equally bad.  His play calling has been atrocious.  And it seems like he lost any feel for how to call the game - he's just picking plays all willy nilly, doesn't know when to go for it on 4th down and when not to ... he's just not a seasoned play caller yet.  He had the benefit of having 2 of those in his ear early in his career - the offense has struggled mightily since they both left.  

• Like 1

I don't care about boring, I care about bad

As for that, I'm sure that at some point it's been even worse than it is now. 

But no wonder. We're down at least one starter at nearly every position. It's a second-string offense. There may be other problems as well, but the basic problem is that the talent isn't there. 

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Nope. You are correct. It's unwatchable, mostly, except for Fulgham.

And that kid is an absolute stud. What a find that is.

• Like 1

Just think how bad/boring it would be without Fulgham. Yikes!!

The Offense has a nice drive here and there. But for the most part, it is just not good. Injuries, play calling, execution, turnovers, ugh.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 9:58 AM, Talonblood said:

Nope. You are correct. It's unwatchable, mostly, except for Fulgham.

Sanders is pretty dynamic, too.  Albeit, when healthy, which seems to be the exception to the rule.

• Like 1

I think it looks boring past 3. years  with slight improvement towards end of the season, so nothing special here

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Lack of talent makes it look boring. Not having Ertz makes it worse.

The offense should be as close to full speed as it has been all year.  I believe the only 3 projected starters on offense that will miss the game are Brooks, DJax, and Ertz.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:57 PM, time2rock said:

The offense should be as close to full speed as it has been all year.  I believe the only 3 projected starters on offense that will miss the game are Brooks, DJax, and Ertz.

And Dillard bud don't forget Dillard. And at this point I just don't count DJax at all. He's barely played since returning so I just don't think the coaches can use that as any kind of excuse. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And Dillard bud don't forget Dillard. And at this point I just don't count DJax at all. He's barely played since returning so I just don't think the coaches can use that as any kind of excuse. 

Oh shoot, I completely forgot about him!  :lol:

I guess he is just so insignificant at this point still that he didn’t register.  I mean he hasn’t proven anything yet ... he could be worse than what JP is right now (which would put the former 1st rd pick at #3 in the pecking order ... Mailata > JP >? Dillard).  

• Like 1