Time to point the finger at Press Taylor

Br3

17 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If Doug isn't allowed to hire his own staff, to me that's a bigger indictment on Lurie and Howie. We can argue all day long about Doug's judgement, but a coach should have full autonomy over his staff, and then let that be part of the rope he uses to hang himself. If Lurie can't trust Doug to fill out a staff, then he should have went with someone else.

Please Jeff, don't turn into our version of Jerry Jones.

But Lurie also watched Reid allow a great coaching staff to become a not great coaching staff by not adequately replacing talent..

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

As was Flip.  

IMO Doug really only has one thing going for him ... he gets his players to play hard for him.  It must be that "emotional intelligence" Lurie kept repeating.  I don't think he does a very good job with calling an offense, play design, or scheming to get the best out of the players he has to work with.  And I definitely agree with you ... I don't think he does a good job with hiring new coaches. But hey, he isn't as bad as Chip, so there is that.  

I agree. I think he's very good at getting his players to play hard and fight until the very end. That's a great trait to have but he is not a very good identifier of coaching talent and his play calling is hit and miss. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree. I think he's very good at getting his players to play hard and fight until the very end. That's a great trait to have but he is not a very good identifier of coaching talent and his play calling is hit and miss. 

Anyone still thinking Doug is some offensive genius??  He’s getting out coached by Garrett!    :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Anyone still thinking Doug is some offensive genius??  He’s getting out coached by Garrett!    :lol:

And it isn't even close either. It's embarrassing how bad this offense is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And it isn't even close either. It's embarrassing how bad this offense is. 

And yet Doug had the extra (bye) week to get the team prepared.  :wacko:

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

And yet Doug had the extra (bye) week to get the team prepared.  :wacko:

Doug doesn't do well off the bye though does he. That's not an excuse for this mess but his record isn't good. But this is a game this team can't afford to lose. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Doug doesn't do well off the bye though does he. That's not an excuse for this mess but his record isn't good. But this is a game this team can't afford to lose. 

The offense has sucked since the conclusion of the 2017 season.  That’s TWO AND A HALF year’s worth of games.  Other coaches like Nagy and Gase relinquished play calling duties when their team had a stretch of a few games where the offense was inept.  Doug is too stubborn to the point where it is completely irresponsible and a detriment to the team.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

The offense has sucked since the conclusion of the 2017 season.  That’s TWO AND A HALF year’s worth of games.  Other coaches like Nagy and Gase relinquished play calling duties when their team had a stretch of a few games where the offense was inept.  Doug is too stubborn to the point where it is completely irresponsible and a detriment to the team.  

Yeah Doug isn't going to hand over those duties and that's ultimately going to cost him his job. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah Doug isn't going to hand over those duties and that's ultimately going to cost him his job. 

I hope :ph34r:

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

He should actually be used to that. He only beat Garrett head to head twice in games that had meaning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He should actually be used to that. He only beat Garrett head to head twice in games that had meaning.

That's true. I mean Doug just isn't a great offensive mind. He has good HC traits but the offensive stuff needs to be handed over. 

On 11/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, Br3 said:

Seriously, how does this guy still have a job? 3 seasons as the qb coach and Wentz has looked worse every season. In fact, I can’t think of a single thing Wentz has gotten better at outside of maybe throwing the football away a few more times per game. Seriously I could have taught him that. Wentz calls this guy a friend and that’s the problem, he’s not hard enough on Wentz because he doesn’t want to ruin their friendship. Either that or he’s just terrible at his job. Carson and flip did not get along probably because Flip wasn’t afraid to get in his face tell him like it is and that is the kind of coaching Wentz needs because lord knows Doug won’t do it.

Taylor was head coach at Tulsa and friggin GK KINNE was his qb and that somehow qualifies him to work with Wentz?  GJ friggn KINNE I mean my god it’s been 10 years and I still can’t believe that kid was drafted. Didn’t he transition to WR ?? SMH these are the people we put around Wentz and then wonder why he leads the league in turnovers and barely resembles an nfl quarterback at times. 

Press needs to be held accountable.

Times yours. 

Not sure how you can blame Press, Doug calls the plays. 

56 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

So then what’s Press’s job? 

Just now, Road to Victory said:

yes he does...but haven't we heard rumblings that Carson audibles when it's not necessary and this might be a source of conflict....

5 hours ago, Br3 said:

So then what’s Press’s job? 

I think he develops the game plan like Reich did. The whole hierarchy in this organization from Front Office down to the coaching staff is bass ackwards. 

If you're going to point the finger at Press Taylor, there are four pointing back at you. Do you know what all four of those are saying?

"You'd be better at this man's job than he is." 🤣

Just know that before you point the finger. 

31 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

If you're going to point the finger at Press Taylor, there are four pointing back at you. Do you know what all four of those are saying?

"You'd be better at this man's job than he is." 🤣

Just know that before you point the finger. 

There is a finger I'd like to point at Press Taylor but it's not the index.

• Haha 1