Doug

phil77

Today was the breaking point for me with Doug but in reality what can be done?   Does the owner and front office have enough stones to get rid of Doug the only coach to bring us a title?  How much time does the title buy Doug?   This offense is a mess and the play calling is even worse?   His offensive coaching staff is a mess and incompetent but it seems Doug is unwiling to make the changes and bring in a different mind on the offense and also refuses to give up the play calling.  So what is the move because Doug just isn't a good coach. 

• Like 3

Lurie doesn't have the balls, but truthfully, Lurie is where it starts. Lurie isn't selling, so the next best thing is to replace Howie, which I don't see happening any time soon.

• Like 3

I believe Lurie would have no problem cutting ties with Doug. The problem is would he be willing to cut ties with Howie? 

• Like 3

There's a lot of things going through my mind right now, but all I can think is ... This team doesn't deserve any days off. They need all the work they can get. If this is the best you look coming out of a bye week, why did anybody get time off?

They really need to bring in an actual OC this off-season. I’d fire the QB coach, get someone that will hold Wentz accountable. 

We’re tied to Wentz cap wise for at least few more years, because of that I don’t see Doug or Howie getting fired this season. Doug will get the 2021 season before there’s anything serious about him being fired, and Howie will likely get until the 2022 season. But this team is pointed towards a total rebuild in a year or two. 

• Like 2

The team is in a bad place, no one is trading for Carson's contract the way he is playing this year, the roster is an ageing mess, the cap situation next year could be horrible and we have a coach who offensively is out of ideas, he has literally nothing new to show the league and everyone knows the old tunes, oh and we need to knock it out of the park in the draft and our drafting might be the biggest problem.

• Like 2

I think the best shot at any change would be Howie if we don't win the division. Doug isn't going anywhere because of the SB and playoff appearances in the years after

I'd be shocked if Doug is let go

• Like 3

I don't know how anyone can watch this team and say the biggest issue isn't coaching.  The coaching on this team has been on a steady decline since 2017 and certain people left the room.  Switching players isn't going to get any better result.  Might get a little boost by going to Hurst but that is just avoiding facing the real issue we are stuck with a terrible coach because the entire team caught lightning in a bottle in 2017 and I doubt we will move on from Doug anytime soon.   His teams on both side of the ball look undisciplined and unprepared and that all points to coaching not players but coaching.  

So you can hot topic with the media and say Wentz is the issue, the offensive line is the issue, or injuries but that is all talking points that shift focus away from the real problem which is DOUG

In his five years of coaching this team, Doug is 3-2 and has only one season with double-digit wins.  

We are now 1-4 after the bye.

The offense has looked state and predictable for several seasons now.

Each game we see a team that appears woefully unprepared.

19 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The team is in a bad place, no one is trading for Carson's contract the way he is playing this year, the roster is an ageing mess, the cap situation next year could be horrible and we have a coach who offensively is out of ideas, he has literally nothing new to show the league and everyone knows the old tunes, oh and we need to knock it out of the park in the draft and our drafting might be the biggest problem.

When it comes to moving Carson all we could hope for is some coach thinking he could fix him. I’m guessing it would have to be one of the better coaching staffs in the league. Maybe a good team with an again quarterback like the Saints? Then again they have their own turnover prone project quarterback in Winston already. Maybe the Vikings could be willing? I mean there are team out there who might be willing to make a move. I guess the Browns don’t look as dumb passing on Wentz anymore. 

There is a lot going wrong and Doug is Just one of the problems but I’m willing to give him another year because of the SB and making the playoffs over the last few seasons. If I’m Lurie these are the changes I start with after the season.

1) Say goodbye to Howie and bring in another GM.

2) Say goodbye to Schwartz.

3) Say goodbye to the QB coach and all the other O-coordinators.

4) Say goodbye to all the old players, Peters, Jackson and Ashon top the list.

Lurie has to see what we see, this team is a mess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When it comes to moving Carson all we could hope for is some coach thinking he could fix him. I’m guessing it would have to be one of the better coaching staffs in the league. Maybe a good team with an again quarterback like the Saints? Then again they have their own turnover prone project quarterback in Winston already. Maybe the Vikings could be willing? I mean there are team out there who might be willing to make a move. I guess the Browns don’t look as dumb passing on Wentz anymore. 

Colts ?  Rivers is a FA and they have nothing behind him since Luck and Reich is there who loves Carson.  If there is a deal to make this offseason it will be with the Colts.   If not with the Colts then I think Wentz will be here next season

doug was lucky to have the right coaches here offensively when they won the superbowl , since then doug has been a clueless ****. doug has no business calling plays in the nfl and he won't give it up. he called frank's game plan when he was here and now he has no real offensive coordinator to install a real game plan and adjust on game day. doug has to go or bring in a real coordinator

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I believe Lurie would have no problem cutting ties with Doug. The problem is would he be willing to cut ties with Howie? 

You know Howie will throw Doug under the bus to save his job. Howie’s like a cockroach. When the world eventually ends, the only thing left will be Howie and the cockroaches. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phil77 said:

Colts ?  Rivers is a FA and they have nothing behind him since Luck and Reich is there who loves Carson.  If there is a deal to make this offseason it will be with the Colts.   If not with the Colts then I think Wentz will be here next season

Are we sure Reich loves Carson? I think we all had this image of who Carson was, but with every year that goes by we here more and more grumbling about how he isn’t coachable, he’s unwilling to change, he didn’t listen to the leaders on the team and so on. On top of that do you think Reich wants to take a chance on another quarterback who could potentially be one injury away from retirement again? 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Are we sure Reich loves Carson? I think we all had this image of who Carson was, but with every year that goes by we here more and more grumbling about how he isn’t coachable, he’s unwilling to change, he didn’t listen to the leaders on the team and so on. On top of that do you think Reich wants to take a chance on another quarterback who could potentially be one injury away from retirement again? 

"I would even tell you that if the Philadelphia Eagles ever wanted to trade Carson Wentz, the Indianapolis Colts would be first in line to make that trade. I'm telling you. That's how much confidence [Reich] has in that kid." — @7BOOMERESIASON

46 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Until he does, nothing else matters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phil77 said:

"I would even tell you that if the Philadelphia Eagles ever wanted to trade Carson Wentz, the Indianapolis Colts would be first in line to make that trade. I'm telling you. That's how much confidence [Reich] has in that kid." — @7BOOMERESIASON

Good. Take him. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Until he does, nothing else matters.

I agree. 

7 minutes ago, phil77 said:

I’d sooner keep Wentz and get rid of Doug.  Doug’s offense is crap.  The only time it was good was when it was a collaboration between Doug, Reich, and Flip.  It has been complete crap since the latter 2 left ... doubt any QB would have sustained success in it.  

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I just don't see it with the cap looking like it might stand still at best next year, no way you get a first rounder to dump that contract, nobody can be that confident of fixing Carson at this stage.

Just now, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I just don't see it with the cap looking like it might stand still at best next year, no way you get a first rounder to dump that contract, nobody can be that confident of fixing Carson at this stage.

The Eagles are fooling themselves if they think they could get a first for Carson. The guy is near the bottom of the leave in Pass yards, comp %, yards per pass, and passer rating. He’s leading the league in times sacked, interceptions, and overall turnovers. He’s a bad football player period. They would be lucky to get a 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I do agree with this.  I doubt we would be able to dump the contract and get a 1st with the way Carson is playing right now.  I just don't see Carson working in Dougs stale boring offense and predictable and crappy play calling.  Only way we can get assets and unload the contract is if Carson starts playing better and if he is playing better why would we want to trade him.  

I still think Doug is the biggest problem with this team but if we aren't going to fire Doug because he won in 2017 then you have to move Wentz

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Best bet to salvage Wentz is firing Doug (since the offense ... which is a complete disaster ... is his baby and won’t be changing any time while he is leading this team).  Hire a new HC and OC that will install a better offensive system that Wentz will excel in.  

• Like 1