Doug

phil77

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I’d sooner keep Wentz and get rid of Doug.  Doug’s offense is crap.  The only time it was good was when it was a collaboration between Doug, Reich, and Flip.  It has been complete crap since the latter 2 left ... doubt any QB would have sustained success in it.  

I think I lean this way also I just don't see ownership getting rid of Doug who brough them the only SB in team history that would be a hard sell.   I think one has to go and if they wont let go of Doug then they have to try and move Wentz

I’ll support Doug as long as he’s here, but I won’t be mad if Lurie decides to move on. He keeps making bone headed decisions and not learning from his mistakes. Sounds a lot like our DC and QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Best bet to salvage Wentz is firing Doug (since the offense ... which is a complete disaster ... is his baby and won’t be changing any time while he is leading this team.  Hire a new HC and OC that will install a better offensive system that Wentz will excel in.  

What system can Wentz excel in? I don’t know what that could be. In any case it’s clearly now whatever Doug and his many offensive minds can muster up. I never thought that system would work here to begin with though. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What system can Wentz excel in? I don’t know what that could be. In any case it’s clearly now whatever Doug and his many offensive minds can muster up. I never thought that system would work here to begin with though. 

I have a feeling if Wentz was starting in NO, LA, GB, Cincy, AZ,  Carolina, etc, he’d look a heckuva lot better than he does now.  

• Like 1

Just now, time2rock said:

Best bet to salvage Wentz is firing Doug (since the offense ... which is a complete disaster ... is his baby and won’t be changing any time while he is leading this team.  Hire a new HC and OC that will install a better offensive system that Wentz will excel in.  

To be honest if he can't play well in an offense he's been playing his entire career, does an offense he can excel in exist any more?  I mean I get the play calling is disappointing, that the offense is stale, but a lot of the breakdowns are poor execution, inaccurate passes, not seeing the field, if the problem was solely offensive playcalling and design, we'd be seeing defenses jump routes or diagnose runs routinely and yes there are elements of that, but a bigger part of it is just poor execution and that's unforgivable for an offense that's barely changed in 5 years, these things should be clockwork for Wentz and the O Line..

I have a feeling if Wentz was starting in NO, LA, GB, Cincy, AZ,  Carolina, etc, he’d look a heckuva lot better than he does now.  

I feel like a lot of those teams need a quarterback with a touch that Carson simply lacks as a passer. 

• Like 1

Lurie with a sneaky move.  Order Howie to fire Doug and then turn around and fire Howie for firing Doug.  Lurie out here playing chess.

• Like 1

Just now, phil77 said:

Lurie with a sneaky move.  Order Howie to fire Doug and then turn around and fire Howie for firing Doug.  Lurie out here playing chess.

Please please PLEASE happen

I have a feeling those teams would look a lot like us if Wentz was starting there.  I'd trade Wentz straight up for Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert right now without really thinking about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phil77 said:

Today was the breaking point for me with Doug but in reality what can be done?   Does the owner and front office have enough stones to get rid of Doug the only coach to bring us a title?  How much time does the title buy Doug?   This offense is a mess and the play calling is even worse?   His offensive coaching staff is a mess and incompetent but it seems Doug is unwiling to make the changes and bring in a different mind on the offense and also refuses to give up the play calling.  So what is the move because Doug just isn't a good coach. 

I think like many have said 2016 was lightening in a bottle. Alot went right for Doug that year and he had some good coaches with him like Reich and defiliipio to help, defenses hadn't caught up to RPO yet and Doug and Frank were a heavy RPO team and they were one of the few teams relying on analytics which gave them an edge 

Take away Reich and flip and the advantages of the RPO game that everyone other than Schwartz apparently have caught up to and the analytic advantage that most teams use and we're left with a coach that is bumbling through games the same way he does pressers. He's painfully obviously incompetent even the greatest call in franchise history the Philly special was called by Foles. Give doug credit for saying der umm ok der but still that's what we have. Doug now has 15 Offensive coaches and by the looks of it each gets a few plays a game and Doug calls them at random, no method to his madness, gone is Reich as a sounding board, gone is the qb coach that coached up Wentz and foles to mvp and instead Wentz qb coach is his bible study buddy forever friend☹️ it's just a trainwreck and not a lot of fun to watch.

Doug needs to be gone eagles need an actual OC and Wentz needs a real qb coach not someone to rub his balls.

I think the thing that may do for Doug is that he threw the guys upstairs under the bus for the decision to go for 2 at 17-21, the thing that did for Chip was when he tried to dodge responsibility.  i wouldn't be surprised if Howie is pointing this out when the end of the season meeting happens.

Not saying it's now, but soon it will be time to cut ties with one of them, Doug or Carson. I guess Doug could be cut sooner because of the QB's contract, but I don't see that happening.

Lurie loves him some Carson & Doug. But those two professionals are just down right AWFUL this season. 

• Like 1

No one is going to take Wentz. I would love to see him get another year with a new coach and system but thanks to Howie we are stuck with seeing this crappy offence for another year at the very least.

1 hour ago, phil77 said:

Colts ?  Rivers is a FA and they have nothing behind him since Luck and Reich is there who loves Carson.  If there is a deal to make this offseason it will be with the Colts.   If not with the Colts then I think Wentz will be here next season

Been saying that for weeks.  There would absolutely be teams lining up to take Wentz.  Indy makes too much sense with Rivers nearing the end of his career.   

1 hour ago, phil77 said:

"I would even tell you that if the Philadelphia Eagles ever wanted to trade Carson Wentz, the Indianapolis Colts would be first in line to make that trade. I'm telling you. That's how much confidence [Reich] has in that kid." — @7BOOMERESIASON

The partnership of Wentz-Pederson isnt working.  One has to go.  I'd rather keep Wentz and hire a new HC and DC.

1 hour ago, phil77 said:

I think I lean this way also I just don't see ownership getting rid of Doug who brough them the only SB in team history that would be a hard sell.   I think one has to go and if they wont let go of Doug then they have to try and move Wentz

Was it really Doug though?

Its been 3 years.  They probably wont get rid of Doug this year but if it's more of the same in 2021 then Doug should be gone.

• Like 1

Lurie is not firing Doug in season, this season. They would have to collapse completely for that to happen.

Hanna-Barbera Chin Ass Doug needs to give up playcalling. 

Schwartz is more than likely gone. But, I wouldn't count on that either right now.

18 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Been saying that for weeks.  There would absolutely be teams lining up to take Wentz.  Indy makes too much sense with Rivers nearing the end of his career.   

The partnership of Wentz-Pederson isnt working.  One has to go.  I'd rather keep Wentz and hire a new HC and DC.

Lining up to take a $100,000,000 reclamation project?    And how many 1st round picks would they throw in too? 

4 minutes ago, seengreen said:

Lurie is not firing Doug in season, this season. They would have to collapse completely for that to happen.

Hanna-Barbera Chin Ass Doug needs to give up playcalling. 

Schwartz is more than likely gone. But, I wouldn't count on that either right now.

Schwartz’s contract runs out at the end of this season.  We’re 7 games away from that point ... you have to figure if they were interested in retaining him they would have extended him by now.  

And absolutely Doug should be given a directive to either give up play calling duties and hire a legit OC or be fired.  

The biggest concern I have with Doug being let go is, do you really trust Jeff and Howie to get it right with a new hire?  Howie’s batting average as a talent evaluator (whether players or coaches) has been pretty bad.  

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The problem is would he be willing to cut ties with Howie? 

Yes. I'll get the eye roll here, but when Howie does go, and he will, there will be stories of how hard he was to deal with not from one or two, but on a massive scale. Eye rolls welcome. I don't care. It is one thing about the Eagles I know to be a fact. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I believe Lurie would have no problem cutting ties with Doug. The problem is would he be willing to cut ties with Howie? 

This x1000

25 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Schwartz’s contract runs out at the end of this season.  We’re 7 games away from that point ... you have to figure if they were interested in retaining him they would have extended him by now.  

And absolutely Doug should be given a directive to either give up play calling duties and hire a legit OC or be fired.  

The biggest concern I have with Doug being let go is, do you really trust Jeff and Howie to get it right with a new hire?  Howie’s batting average as a talent evaluator (whether players or coaches) has been pretty bad.  

The issues are systemic and Lurie has to see this. Their is consistent failure to acquire young talent (when available). Their drafting, player, and positional philosophy evaluation has been terrible for many years. I don't trust Doug or Howie. This is so much bigger than them. But, those 2 are a major part of the problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phil77 said:

Colts ?  Rivers is a FA and they have nothing behind him since Luck and Reich is there who loves Carson.  If there is a deal to make this offseason it will be with the Colts.   If not with the Colts then I think Wentz will be here next season

Colts would love to have Wentz.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles are fooling themselves if they think they could get a first for Carson. The guy is near the bottom of the leave in Pass yards, comp %, yards per pass, and passer rating. He’s leading the league in times sacked, interceptions, and overall turnovers. He’s a bad football player period. They would be lucky to get a 2nd. 

Colts would give more than a 1 for Carson

55 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Lining up to take a $100,000,000 reclamation project?    And how many 1st round picks would they throw in too? 

It's a QB.  It's the most important position in the NFL.

Believe me, there are many coaches around the league that see Carson's talent and feel they could make him better.  Many coaches probably realize Doug isnt a quality HC as well and he's not doing Wentz any favors.

Again, I dont see the Eagles trading Wentz.  If anything happens it'll be Doug being sent packing.