Doug

phil77

Besides the offense failing which falls entirely on the feet of Doug.  We have went over that to death in this topic.  He is uncreative and lost is balls along the way.  Every yard we get is a chore for our offense regardless who the QB is.  Every drive is a grind unless we hit a 60 yard bomb one a blue moon from Wentz.  Otherwise it is a complete grind to get up the field.  Watching other teams offense it is clear how far we have now fallen behind other teams in terms of offensive game plans and concepts. 

The other reason why I am done with Doug is his personnel decision making.....Putting Peters back in instead of sticking with Mailata who was playing just as good if not better than what Peters has been doing.  And then this week giving all of Fulghams snaps to Alshon like WTF?  Why is Alshon on the field at all and why would he ever take snaps away from Fulgham?  What kind of game plan is that?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Howie was so focused on adding speed he was completely blind to overall talent level (e.g. hence selecting Reagor over Jefferson).  And obviously having a solid backup QB is a necessity in today's NFL (especially with Wentz's injury history), but to take one in the 2nd round AFTER just hitching our wagon to Wentz for the foreseeable future with a massive $130M contract was just ludicrous.  He has no idea how to add talent to this team in a logical manner that makes sense toward building a complete team that can remain competitive over an extended stretch in much the same way other teams like Seattle or Pittsburgh have.  2017 was an anomaly ... not the norm (same as the offense). 

Yes drafting WRs whose only attribute is speed and calling it analytics is laughable.  You can't draft a track team and expect to get football players.  Another gem of a draft courtesy of Howie know nothing.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

The arrow keys for "next" dont work. i guess they only think Eric is the choice, lol. 

Options were Lincoln Riley, Robert Salah (DC Niners), Pete Carmichael (OC Saints), Brian Daboll (OC Bills), Eric Bieniemy (OC Chiefs)

On 11/16/2020 at 11:07 AM, phil77 said:

He is uncreative and lost is balls along the way. 

I sure wish he'd lose his stupidity, I have no idea why he keeps going for those 2pt conversions.

Personally, I'd go for 2 only if it's the 4th quarter and the outcome of the game is at stake, otherwise I take the extra-point.

His time is about up.  Let’s see how the rest of the season goes.  And if Hurts gets to play.  Has to turn around Wentz for sure since he is the franchise.

I am done defending Doug.  I think his weaknesses are outshining his strengths and he looked good before because of Reich.

The players like him and I do like that he's aggressive and doesn't give up and keeps believing.  But we see that no matter how many offensive coaches they bring in they do not have good game plans.  The team is sloppy and clearly are not being held accountable.  And Doug has taken aggressiveness too far where he just wants to keep going for it on 4th down and going for 2 point conversions for no reason.

I think it can work if they clean house on the offensive coaches and get a real OC structure who calls the plays and Doug is just the HC without play calling.  But I don't see them doing that.

This year they will fire some more offensive assistants and Doug gets at least another year.  Scapegoats will be COVID, injuries, and "too many voices" in offensive coaching and they'll promote someone to OC and repeat next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I am done defending Doug.  I think his weaknesses are outshining his strengths and he looked good before because of Reich.

The players like him and I do like that he's aggressive and doesn't give up and keeps believing.  But we see that no matter how many offensive coaches they bring in they do not have good game plans.  The team is sloppy and clearly are not being held accountable.  And Doug has taken aggressiveness too far where he just wants to keep going for it on 4th down and going for 2 point conversions for no reason.

I think it can work if they clean house on the offensive coaches and get a real OC structure who calls the plays and Doug is just the HC without play calling.  But I don't see them doing that.

This year they will fire some more offensive assistants and Doug gets at least another year.  Scapegoats will be COVID, injuries, and "too many voices" in offensive coaching and they'll promote someone to OC and repeat next year.

I agree that I like an aggressive coach, but there’s a fine line between aggressive and wreckless. It’s almost like Doug is so desperate to get back to his 2017 ways, and he doesn’t see where the line is drawn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree that I like an aggressive coach, but there’s a fine line between aggressive and wreckless. It’s almost like Doug is so desperate to get back to his 2017 ways, and he doesn’t see where the line is drawn. 

Both HC and QB don't know that line and they both say they won't change.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Both HC and QB don't know that line and they both say they won't change.  

I think that's the most concerning thing here. Both say they won't change which means they think all is OK? Like they are small fractions away from hitting on this or something...