Doug

phil77

As critical as i am of wentz, im certainly not prepared to dump him just yet. Hurts needs to prove himself first to be at least decent before such a thought crosses my mind.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

It's a QB.  It's the most important position in the NFL.

Believe me, there are many coaches around the league that see Carson's talent and feel they could make him better.  Many coaches probably realize Doug isnt a quality HC as well and he's not doing Wentz any favors.

Again, I dont see the Eagles trading Wentz.  If anything happens it'll be Doug being sent packing.

I have no doubt there would be some interest, but the price tag would narrow the field of suitors to one or two teams at best.   And what they would give up in exchange would be underwhelming, because the Eagles have no leverage and would be begging for someone to take his contract. 

Especially with how many promising young ( and cheap ) QBs have come out of the woodwork lately.   It's not a seller's market for high priced QBs right now.

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

Lining up to take a $100,000,000 reclamation project?    And how many 1st round picks would they throw in too? 

Eleventeen!!

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

Yes. I'll get the eye roll here, but when Howie does go, and he will, there will be stories of how hard he was to deal with not from one or two, but on a massive scale. Eye rolls welcome. I don't care. It is one thing about the Eagles I know to be a fact. 

:rolleyes: 

Had to do it. :D 

• Haha 1

Doug completely screwed the pooch in that KC playoff game the year before we hired him.

So we bring him in, surround him with a real braintrust and boom, SB.

Since then: back to Doug 1.0.

Honestly, sometimes I think fans have more insight into what's wrong with their team than the millionaires who run them.

24 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

As critical as i am of wentz, im certainly not prepared to dump him just yet. Hurts needs to prove himself first to be at least decent before such a thought crosses my mind.

Hey man, we're headed into Trevor territory at this point. Top five pick. And we may have not one, but two generational QBs (+Justin Fields to the discussion) coming out of college this year. If we get the chance, I say dump Wentz at nearly any price.

1 hour ago, weko said:

Colts would give more than a 1 for Carson

I doubt it, cause they would be bidding against themselves. 

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

Yes. I'll get the eye roll here, but when Howie does go, and he will, there will be stories of how hard he was to deal with not from one or two, but on a massive scale. Eye rolls welcome. I don't care. It is one thing about the Eagles I know to be a fact. 

I guess I’ll believe it when I see it it, and I don’t care if the Eagles are negative when he leaves though I doubt it would happen. I don’t underestimate the sneaky ness of Howie to find a way to stick even when he isn’t wanted though. 

2 hours ago, NCTANK said:

this team stinks and it’s all on Doug. 

Howie is worse.

41-31-1. SB win his 2nd season. Winning seasons next two including a NFC East Championship. Did it with injuries on top of injuries on top of injuries and poor personnel decisions/drafting by Howie. The lack of respect the man gets astounds me. This season should be viewed as a wash out. If I’m the owner I don’t even allow it to factor in. I mean Doug started the season with the coronavirus for the sake of Pete. Nothing makes sense this year, nothing is normal. Is Doug perfect? No. Have there been play calling issues and weird game time decisions? Yes. Is the offense stagnant? You bet. Should he have an offensive coordinator next season? Absolutely. But show the man some respect, please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The team is in a bad place, no one is trading for Carson's contract the way he is playing this year, the roster is an ageing mess, the cap situation next year could be horrible and we have a coach who offensively is out of ideas, he has literally nothing new to show the league and everyone knows the old tunes, oh and we need to knock it out of the park in the draft and our drafting might be the biggest problem.

We needed to knock it out of the park with the last draft.  We got a WR who is having trouble measuring up to his rookie peers in round 1, a backup QB in round 2, a LB who rides the pine behind the league's worst starting LBs, and no one worth mentioning after that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stinkfist said:

No eye roll. I have no question it is true. Howie’s always been a little machiavellian crap.

It is hard to continue to make arguments for Doug that's for sure. I mean there are things that he does well. He rallies his team when the going is tough and his teams do tend to fight until the end. 

But this offense is a mess. His play calling is a mess. The scheme is a joke. His QB is a joke and whilst that's on Carson it is also on Doug and this offense. 

7 hours ago, NCTANK said:

this team stinks and it’s all on Doug. 

And Howie and Lurie. Can’t deny them their due recognition. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It is hard to continue to make arguments for Doug that's for sure. I mean there are things that he does well. He rallies his team when the going is tough and his teams do tend to fight until the end. 

But this offense is a mess. His play calling is a mess. The scheme is a joke. His QB is a joke and whilst that's on Carson it is also on Doug and this offense. 

He hasn't rallied them in a while

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Howie is worse.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And Howie and Lurie. Can’t deny them their due recognition. 

agreed

13 hours ago, phil77 said:

Colts ?  Rivers is a FA and they have nothing behind him since Luck and Reich is there who loves Carson.  If there is a deal to make this offseason it will be with the Colts.   If not with the Colts then I think Wentz will be here next season

If we wanted trade Wentz teams would be lining up. It's obvious he isn't the problem...

9 minutes ago, 97is said:

If we wanted trade Wentz teams would be lining up. It's obvious he isn't the problem...

It really isn't, I mean you may refuse to accept he isn't playing well, but saying he definitely isn't at least part of the problem is just denial at this point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It would be a 1 in 2021 and a 3 in 2022 that could be upgraded to a 2 or a 1 with conditions.

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Along with a 1 in 2021, a 3 in 2022 would become a 2 with elite pro bowl performance and it would become a 2nd 1 if they won the SB that first year.

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

We needed to knock it out of the park with the last draft.  We got a WR who is having trouble measuring up to his rookie peers in round 1, a backup QB in round 2, a LB who rides the pine behind the league's worst starting LBs, and no one worth mentioning after that.

Howie was so focused on adding speed he was completely blind to overall talent level (e.g. hence selecting Reagor over Jefferson).  And obviously having a solid backup QB is a necessity in today's NFL (especially with Wentz's injury history), but to take one in the 2nd round AFTER just hitching our wagon to Wentz for the foreseeable future with a massive $130M contract was just ludicrous.  He has no idea how to add talent to this team in a logical manner that makes sense toward building a complete team that can remain competitive over an extended stretch in much the same way other teams like Seattle or Pittsburgh have.  2017 was an anomaly ... not the norm (same as the offense). 

59 minutes ago, weko said:

Along with a 1 in 2021, a 3 in 2022 would become a 2 with elite pro bowl performance and it would become a 2nd 1 if they won the SB that first year.

Whatever gets him out of here. 

14 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Hurts needs to prove himself first to be at least decent before such a thought crosses my mind.

The only way Hurts can prove himself is by starting and playing the entire game, it's worth a shot at this point, you know what you're going to get from Wentz.