Jalen Hurts

philafan4o8

I was not a big fan of this guy but I feel bad for him. They put him out there with Wentz at WR and he is just taking a beating. Lol they are ruining his career before it even starts.

Doug said they had some "packages" for him. I can tell they spent a lot of time on these "packages."

If the Eagles lose to the Browns, you let Hurts finish out the rest of the year to see what he got. If Eagles lose out, grab Fields...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

If the Eagles lose to the Browns, you let Hurts finish out the rest of the year to see what he got. If Eagles lose out, grab Fields...

I wouldn't even wait that long. I'd start Hurts from this point on to ascertain what we have there. 

I know that's not going to happen but that's the way I'd go.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

We need to be in a blowout so we can see Hurts in real action. Wentz will be playing all year unfortunately. 

Unless he gets hurt...

Hurts hasn’t been really impressive, but I don’t entirely blame him. QB is a position that needs to get in a rhythm and the flow of a game. Hurts can’t do that coming in for a play here and there. It wasn’t a smart pick at the time, but now they’re compounding the issue by not playing him smartly in games. 

• Like 6

Like everyone says, the Hurts plays are only misdirections if you have him throw it occasionally, having him come out under center and then putting Wentz out wide is the most toweringly stupid play call it's possible to imagine, Doug deserves all the media ass kicking he can possibly get for that and a bit more on top, it's risible.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Br3 said:

The Eagles are a joke

Not even a good joke...in yrs past I've at least gotten a few lols out of their ineptitude. Can't even laugh at this smh

6 hours ago, Swoop said:

Fields and Hurts are the same player.

If that is true then they need to be starting Hurts immediately. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hurts hasn’t been really impressive, but I don’t entirely blame him. QB is a position that needs to get in a rhythm and the flow of a game. Hurts can’t do that coming in for a play here and there. It wasn’t a smart pick at the time, but now they’re compounding the issue by not playing him smartly in games. 

It’s hard to be impressive when every time he goes in the defense knows what the play is. As soon as he’s on the field, they know it a run option. 

The two times they’ve actually allowed him to throw the ball, he’s completed both passes. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

It’s hard to be impressive when every time he goes in the defense knows what the play is. As soon as he’s on the field, they know it a run option. 

The two times they’ve actually allowed him to throw the ball, he’s completed both passes. 

Exactly, which is why I said they’re compounding their mistake by how they play him. 

6 hours ago, Swoop said:

Fields and Hurts are the same player.

They are not the same player. One of them is a passer that can run, the other is a runner that can throw. There is a big difference.

This is a lost year anyways, why not use it to get a better read on Hurts' viability as a future starter? Makes too much sense, and that's why we won't do it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

wouldn't even wait that long. I'd start Hurts from this point on to ascertain what we have there. 

Look Oxford, you’re gonna have to leave out those college words. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hurts was a wasted pick the very second we sent the name in. Complete waste, but hey most of our second rd picks usually are. Sidney Jones anyone? 

Hurts= BUST

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Hurts was a wasted pick the very second we sent the name in. Complete waste, but hey most of our second rd picks usually are. Sidney Jones anyone? 

Hurts= BUST

I honestly can’t say Hurts is a bust per se. He might be a decent QB in the right situation. That said, I absolutely agree the pick didn’t make sense at the time, nor does it now the way he is used. 

Reporter noted to Doug that having Hurts in the defense knows it's a run. Why not take Wentz out instead of fool no one with him at WR, utilize the spot for an actual WR and have Hurts throw sometimes? 

Doug said yeah that's a good idea, we'll look into that.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The only way Hurts starts is and injury to Wentz or we are eliminated from a playoff spot. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. I do agree they should let Hurts pass the ball. And he has. But it seems like Kelce likes to hike the ball at his feet.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

He always gets such great snaps from center too.  Imagine having to worry about just securing the snap.  

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Unless he gets hurt...

That's always a possibility with him

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Reporter noted to Doug that having Hurts in the defense knows it's a run. Why not take Wentz out instead of fool no one with him at WR, utilize the spot for an actual WR and have Hurts throw sometimes? 

Doug's stupid sometimes

we haven't had enough time to evaluate hurts. he needs to be in for a few games before you can really see how he is doing. i think we should go ahead and switch to him now and bench wentz for the rest of the year. its better to have a higher draft pick at this point than win this season. whats the point of winning the division this season anyways? i think we need a  new coach and then let the new coach determine if he can do something with Wentz or go for a new qb.

• Like 2

I would not be surprised if we're in the same situation next year:  Wentz starting with Hurts sprinkled in just a little bit more.  I don't think we see Hurts starting unless Wentz gets hurt. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I never loved Doug as a HC but I admired and respected him. Now i just think he's being exposed as a complete fraud and a dope.

• Like 2