Jalen Hurts

philafan4o8

Jalen Hurts just looks like a tiny person compared to Carson under center. Seriously though the Hurts plays need to end. Carson needs to pull the plug on this stuff like McNabb did back in the day with Vick. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Hurts just looks like a tiny person compared to Carson under center. Seriously though the Hurts plays need to end. Carson needs to pull the plug on this stuff like McNabb did back in the day with Vick. 

I agree that the Hurts gadget plays need to stop. They should just start him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Keep in mind Wentz’s contract extension kicks in starting next season, so he will remain the undisputed starting QB barring injury.

Probably but it doesn’t have to be that way. They are paying him either way. If Hurts gets his shot and proves to be the better option, he absolutely should take that starting job. I mean Wentz will be paid either way, the question is would you rather pay him to lose you games, or pay him to sit while you win games? Again, under the premise that Hurts gets his chance for some starts this year and balls out. 

And when it comes down to it, there is always the chance that Reich out in Indy sees Wentz as salvageable and would want to trade for him. 

16 minutes ago, nipples said:

I agree that the Hurts gadget plays need to stop. They should just start him. 

I'm not ready to go there. Not because I am so high on Carson right now. I don't think Hurts is ready for that at this time. I'm not a big fan of Jalen's overall size either.

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I'm not ready to go there. Not because I am so high on Carson right now. I don't think Hurts is ready for that at this time. I'm not a big fan of Jalen's overall size either.

It can't be a lot worse though?

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Fields is not a great prospect; he stands back there and holds the ball too long.  If he wasn’t playing at OSU or another CFB playoff program he wouldn’t have a first round grade 

I respectfully disagree on your evaluation of him. If he didn't get cut a raw deal at Georgia, he would be a top prospect from there as well.

I do agree that being at Ohio State is helping his numbers but he was going to have a first round grade regardless.

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t care much about his size. He’s bigger than Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray. About the same size as Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. He seems small standing next to Wentz but Carson is well above average QB size. 

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This year of all years he won't. 

Was thinking the same

9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Fields is not a great prospect; he stands back there and holds the ball too long.  If he wasn’t playing at OSU or another CFB playoff program he wouldn’t have a first round grade 

Yep.

That's why I've vehemently said multiple times he's Jalen Hurts. Similar in size. I'd wager their 40s will be close (Fields probably a bit faster). Both struggle with progression. Both can have a tendency to tuck and run. 

Fields has a stronger arm and as a whole is a better prospect, but folks around here make the difference seem like we're talking about Aaron Rodgers and Drew Lock. 

Maybe he really progresses and I'm wrong. It happens. Teams are in for a rude awakening if they think he's a top 3 slam dunk at QB.

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson has about zero pull the way he's been playing, imo. 

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Was thinking the same

I'd never wish injury upon him but... I mean at least this year there would be some level of excitement to seeing the back up. 

Carson was much better when he was still a virgin. #changemymind

On 11/17/2020 at 10:38 AM, ilikepargo said:

Hurts was a HORRIBLE draft pick.  We needed that resource to be used on a position that would have been useful.  It was predictable that the pick would mess with Wentz's head.  It was predictable that using him as a gimmick player would fail.  It was predictable that it would mess with Hurts' career as well.  In fact, I predicted all of this, and people attacked me for saying so.  No one wins from this.  It damaged the team.

Who attacked you?!

DelayedGrimyChevrotain-size_restricted.g

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Carson was much better when he was still a virgin. #changemymind

He'd play better if he woke up next to Kayleigh

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd never wish injury upon him but... I mean at least this year there would be some level of excitement to seeing the back up. 

Yea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Who attacked you?!

DelayedGrimyChevrotain-size_restricted.g

Pretty sure the majority on here said all this but, I guess if that fella wants to get his " I was right props" then we shouldn't take it from him

11 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Carson has about zero pull the way he's been playing, imo.  He's lucky he hasn't been benched yet, imo.

Carson has a ton of pull. It’s why he hasn’t been benched yet. 

16 hours ago, nipples said:

I don’t care much about his size. He’s bigger than Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray. About the same size as Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. He seems small standing next to Wentz but Carson is well above average QB size. 

You notice the difference when he comes in compared to Carson. Still these poorly designed plays trying to force him into the offense need to end. 

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It can't be a lot worse though?

It could be. If they rush Hurts out there and lose him they’re out 2 quarterbacks. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson has a ton of pull. It’s why he hasn’t been benched yet. 

This team still believes Wentz is who he's shown us all he can be.   That's the reason he's the starting QB, imo.  My comment had to do with people thinking that the reason he's starting is because of "pull" etc.  He's starting because the team believes he can turn it around and they can win games with him...not because it's some sort of "popularity contest", imo.

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

This team still believes Wentz is who he's shown us all he can be.   That's the reason he's the starting QB, imo.  My comment had to do with people thinking that the reason he's starting is because of "pull" etc.  He's starting because the team believes he can turn it around and they can win games with him...not because it's some sort of "popularity contest", imo.

The Eagles have invested a lot into Carson, but if they had another guy on this team (with say the resume of a SB MVP) instead of a rookie they’re still trying to develop then I’m not as convinced they would simply let Carson play through this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It could be. If they rush Hurts out there and lose him they’re out 2 quarterbacks. 

Well true but I guess at this point it depends on what your view is? I mean do you think Wentz can turn it around? If so then we should stick with Wentz. If not then why not see what we have in Hurts? At least then we know if we need to invest in the position again or not. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well true but I guess at this point it depends on what your view is? I mean do you think Wentz can turn it around? If so then we should stick with Wentz. If not then why not see what we have in Hurts? At least then we know if we need to invest in the position again or not. 

I don’t think Wentz can turn things around, but I also don’t think Hurts is anything close to ready. They’re kind of stuck between two bad options. That’s why the pick still made no sense. If Wentz went down there was no way Hurts could come in and be effective. Now they’re just forcing him (Hurts) out there to try an justify using a second on a quarterback who isn’t ready to play quarterback. It’s troubling to see what direction this team is heading in. 

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think Wentz can turn things around, but I also don’t think Hurts is anything close to ready. They’re kind of stuck between two bad options. That’s why the pick still made no sense. If Wentz went down there was no way Hurts could come in and be effective. Now they’re just forcing him (Hurts) out there to try an justify using a second on a quarterback who isn’t ready to play quarterback. It’s troubling to see what direction this team is heading in. 

But if you don't think Wentz can turn it around then why not see what Hurts can do? I mean I don't necessarily think he's going to light the league on fire, there will very likely be rookie struggles but why not try it and see? 

This offense sucks right now. If Hurts does struggle then it still sucks?

They need to bench Wentz already and see what they have in Hurts. If nothing then draft a qb. Wentz is obviously not the answer, he never was.

I’d really just rather see Hurts get a chance, at this point.

1) It would be more interesting.

2) We’d probably have a better chance to win.

3) Wentz really needs to clear his mind in some way. Going out there every week doing the same crap, isn’t helping anything.

4) It might even help the coaches get their act together. Having to gameplan for a different QB.

• Like 1