Jalen Hurts

philafan4o8

On 11/24/2020 at 3:44 PM, LacesOut said:

I just don't know if I am ready for Hurts yet. Is he ready to be a full time QB in the NFL?

I think it's a six in one hand, half a dozen it the other when it comes to Wentz/Hurts, neither is a natural.  

Hurts may be a little more effective because I believe he has a little better mobility,  but passing wise it'll be the same damn thing, I would find another game to watch when Hurts was at Alabama, he was that bad!!

This is why spending a #2 on Hurts was just crazy, if Lurie doesn't grow a pair and cut ties with Howie we'll always be playing with interior talent and talent happens to be the most important factor when it comes to winning football games.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 6:14 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

I honestly can’t say Hurts is a bust per se. He might be a decent QB in the right situation. That said, I absolutely agree the pick didn’t make sense at the time, nor does it now the way he is used. 

This is not about Hurts the player, and it is not about where he was picked...It is a bout DP stupidity of running the same running play over and over expecting a different results. The defense knows that the Run play was called and they zero in on Hurts. He has no chance. I was as shocked as anyone when they picked him in the draft, but seeing the way Wentz plays...it makes some sense.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:56 AM, Madriver said:

I never loved Doug as a HC but I admired and respected him. Now i just think he's being exposed as a complete fraud and a dope.

Either that or DP is deliberately trying to get fired, because he is tired of covering up Howie's BS.

I think if this team can find an answer on offense then things could improve quickly. 

If the main issue is Carson then suddenly the play calling looks better, the WRs look better and the offense looks better. 

If the issue is the play calling then Carson looks better, the WRs get more involved in better situations and the offense improves.

The single biggest problem to solve at this point would be the scheme. So if scheme is the major issue then that's not going to be fixed the rest of this year. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think if this team can find an answer on offense then things could improve quickly. 

If the main issue is Carson then suddenly the play calling looks better, the WRs look better and the offense looks better. 

If the issue is the play calling then Carson looks better, the WRs get more involved in better situations and the offense improves.

The single biggest problem to solve at this point would be the scheme. So if scheme is the major issue then that's not going to be fixed the rest of this year. 

I don’t think there is one problem you can look at with this team as a whole. They have failures on all levels from scouting, conditioning, coaching, GM, to player execution. They’re a badly put together football team yet the GM seems to think all they needed was a backup quarterback in the second round to go with a draft full of projects that probably won’t be ready to really contribute for another three seasons.