Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The fitness thread for fat posters who don’t want to be fat anymore.

Featured Replies

Man thursday night golf drinking is a great source of trash calories…

Over 1200 rides now

  • 2 weeks later...

I haven’t lifted in about a month. I wanted to give both of my shoulders a break, as they are continuously sore. Feeling better now.

Lots of stretching and neighborhood walking.

I figured I would give my shoulders another couple of weeks off. There’s discomfort too when I sleep, as I’m a side sleeper.

Good news is that my diet is always decent, so I’m holding steady at 175 lbs or so.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

I haven’t lifted in about a month. I wanted to give both of my shoulders a break, as they are continuously sore. Feeling better now.

Lots of stretching and neighborhood walking.

I figured I would give my shoulders another couple of weeks off. There’s discomfort too when I sleep, as I’m a side sleeper.

Good news is that my diet is always decent, so I’m holding steady at 175 lbs or so.

Side sleeping is the worst for shoulders. Says my right shoulder.

Fellow shoulder issues guy here - best thing I’ve done for them is just make them stronger.

I still have issues from time to time but nothing like they once were.

I used to be able to do lateral dumbell raises for shoulders using 20, 25, 30 lb dumbells. Same for front and rear raises.

Now? 15, 17.5, 20 lb bells. LOL. sad

14 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I used to be able to do lateral dumbell raises for shoulders using 20, 25, 30 lb dumbells. Same for front and rear raises.

Now? 15, 17.5, 20 lb bells. LOL. sad

I superset medial and posterior with 12 or 15. Progress not perfection

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

I superset medial and posterior with 12 or 15. Progress not perfection

Yeah that’s the mindset I need to get into more. Slow, muscle burning reps. Push that blood into the muscle group, no matter what amount of weight I use.

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Yeah that’s the mindset I need to get into more. Slow, muscle burning reps. Push that blood into the muscle group, no matter what amount of weight I use.

Its like golf

The results matter. They dont write down what club you hit or which dumbell you used. How do you feel/look? Is it functional strength?

On 6/4/2026 at 5:25 PM, mikemack8 said:

Fellow shoulder issues guy here - best thing I’ve done for them is just make them stronger.

I still have issues from time to time but nothing like they once were.

Nobody to blame but yourself. You give out free handies in the parking lot in exchange for cheeseburgers for years, you get a torn labrum, Von Gayes!

It’s a rare day that 85F & sunny feels great to run in.

  • 1 month later...

Got the weirdest ankle sprain ever going on right now. Trail run around a lake last Thursday, rolled my foot over on a root, rolled it over good too, all the way, felt stuff stretching and popping, not gonna be good I thought to myself bracing for the pain, which didn’t really come. Hurt a little but I never even broke stride then, after another quarter mile or so the pain was completely gone. Not even a little discomfort. Ran another 4+ miles, warm down walk, post run stretching, no pain at all. Sat down in the car, picked my foot up, big pain. There it was. Rest of the evening felt like a classic sprain. Walking back to bed from the bathroom in the middle of the night and it completely gave out. Thank goodness I got my hands down on the sink or I would have hit the floor. Got up the next morning, pain was largely gone. Went out and ran 5 miles, no pain. Ran another 5 miles this morning, no pain. Weird thing is it’s swollen on both sides of the top of the foot and up the sides of the ankle but not in the middle. Not even walking with a limp. Not complaining just not sure what to think. Just got lucky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.