What Happens if we Lose Out

West_Philly

There will be changes to the Eagles in 2021 if they lose out in 2020. I think Howie needs to be the first to go. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:32 PM, EaglesfanfromND said:

Definitely another QB for the factory!:lol:

So we can maintain the "Gold Standard”. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

There will be changes to the Eagles in 2021 if they lose out in 2020. I think Howie needs to be the first to go. 

Howie needs to be the first thing to go regardless of how the rest of the year finishes up. Start fresh, let the GM choose the coach, let the coach sort out the QB mess we find ourselves in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West_Philly said:

Any chance we go after another high QB pick this draft?

I'd have to say it's definitely on the table if there's someone they love.  The smarter play is to trade back with a QB needy team and stockpile picks because this entire roster needs an overhaul in the worst way.  Lot of dead weight needs cut and we need young guys to replace them.  (Jeffery, Graham, Ertz, Peters finally, both Jacksons and Kelce might retire)

• Like 1

If The Eagles lose out and Dallas and the Chargers can get just 1 more win each, the Eagles would be picking 4th overall. Perfect setup for the new GM, which is what should happen first.

25 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

If The Eagles lose out and Dallas and the Chargers can get just 1 more win each, the Eagles would be picking 4th overall. Perfect setup for the new GM, which is what should happen first.

Well if we lose out the Cowboys will get one more win. 

😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well if we lose out the Cowboys will get one more win. 

😁

I thought someone would put that together. Well done! Now if the Chargers can  win 1 and the Bengals win 2. then the Eagles are #3 overall which I think would put them in the Chase.:-)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I thought someone would put that together. Well done! Now if the Chargers can  win 1 and the Bengals win 2. then the Eagles are #3 overall which I think would put them in the Chase.:-)

Chargers winning 1 is a potential... Although my god they were horrendous yesterday. But I can't see the Bungles winning 1 let alone 2. My god that tie hurts us.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Chargers winning 1 is a potential... Although my god they were horrendous yesterday. But I can't see the Bungles winning 1 let alone 2. My god that tie hurts us.

As I posted when it happened, ties only do one thing, mess up your draft position. I detest them.

After this season they've gotten blow everything up. Get a new GM and let him pick the coach. That coach gets to pick his assistant coaches.  Establish a true hierarchy instead of whatever clusterF they've got going on right now.

The only coach 100% worth keeping is stoutland, if he even wants to stay after this abortion of a season.

7 minutes ago, devpool said:

The only coach 100% worth keeping is stoutland, if he even wants to stay after this abortion of a season.

He might want to be promoted. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, Madriver said:

Oddly, we seem to do much better in the draft late than early. We are semi-disastrous in the first two rounds. I wanted us to trade back last year. I think we need to trade back and acquire more picks this time around because we suck so much at drafting, it at least gives us more chances to hit on something useful.

That's because rather than going with the consensus best pick, we think we're more clever than everyone else and pick some rando that should have been picked 2 rounds later, then say "haha, look how smart we are!  Nobody else saw this raw talent!"

12 hours ago, West_Philly said:

Any chance we go after another high QB pick this draft?

I doubt it.  A lot of factors would have to happen for that.  Lurie would have to clean house and get rid of Howie and Doug.  And they would need to find a way to trade Wentz and have someone take on his contract.

No I think that happens is they keep Wentz and Hurts and see what other changes can be made to rebuild.  A new GM and/or coaching staff and see if things improve.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I doubt it.  A lot of factors would have to happen for that.  Lurie would have to clean house and get rid of Howie and Doug.  And they would need to find a way to trade Wentz and have someone take on his contract.

If Lurie keeps Howie then 1) the dude needs to be checked out by a professional and 2) this organisation is going to stumble along for a long while. 

• Like 1

Let's not forget that we're playing one of the toughest schedules in the NFL (thanks to the meaningless win of the NFC East last year).

21 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Let's not forget that we're playing one of the toughest schedules in the NFL (thanks to the meaningless win of the NFC East last year).

What do you mean?

On 12/7/2020 at 7:59 AM, devpool said:

After this season they've gotten blow everything up. Get a new GM and let him pick the coach. That coach gets to pick his assistant coaches.  Establish a true hierarchy instead of whatever clusterF they've got going on right now.

I'm good with Duce too. The RB's play hard and have done so all of the years he's been here.

At this point I’m not sure which is worse. What happens if we loose out or what happens if we win out?

Honestly, Eagles need their version of the Process to reboot the franchise.  Need to wait out this cap hell and draft some blue chippers with higher picks.  This is a multi year rebuild.

We get 6th if we lose out now. Haven’t tried other scenarios to see if we can get back to 5th or even 4th. I think we lost our chance at 4th

• Like 1