Do you want to win the East?

Infam

Win or nah?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the East and get that playoff game, or that draft pick?

• I'll always want us to win. Besides Roseman sucks drafting anyways.
    • God no, why throw away the future for bragging rights?
    • I don't even care anymore.

I want to see us playing well but I don't want to win the division because I can't see us going deep into the playoffs

Howie needs to go and that's not happening if we win the division

• Like 1

Not at this point no. I can’t go so far as to openly pull for opposing teams each week, but I’m certainly not upset at losses anymore. 

• Like 2

We have been spoiled as Eagles fans to suck every year and still make the playoffs. Most teams who suck and are tanking are watching meaningless football by Halloween....not us, we can still win the East and we have only 3 wins heading into December lol in fact, the last time we were out of it by Halloween was 2012 

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The guys we have right now are the guys we have. I'm rooting for everybody to do a better job.

The real question is, with the the guys we have now, even if they "did a better job”, do we have enough talent to legitimately compete for a championship .... to go toe-to-toe with the very best teams like Seattle, NO, KC, etc?  Do we have the right coaching to get the very best out of our players to do a better job?  My gut says no.  And I hate feeling that way.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

The real question is, with the the guys we have now, even if they "did a better job”, do we have enough talent to legitimately compete for a championship .... to go toe-to-toe with the very best teams like Seattle, NO, KC, etc?  Do we have the right coaching to get the very best out of our players to do a better job?  My gut says no.  And I hate feeling that way.  

The answer to your question is: what player or coach hasn't done better in the past? 

Also, if Seattle is considered one of the "very best teams," what are you even worried about? I'm not going to lie and say we've been playing well. We haven't. I'm not going to list reasons why you should be optimistic, because I don't have any. All I can say is that the way we have been performing as a team is very disappointing. It's very disappointing because this league is wide open. There are no teams out there that scare me if this Eagles team (yes, the same team that has failed miserably through the 1st 10 games) actually performed like they are capable. In other words, I'm not worried about Seattle, New Orleans, Kansas City, etc... I'm only worried about how the Eagles are playing. 

36 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The guys we have right now are the guys we have. I'm rooting for everybody to do a better job.

the same can not be said of the management. From Howie down to every coach, with the exception of Duce, I would like them all gone.

2 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

the same can not be said of the management. From Howie down to every coach, with the exception of Duce, I would like them all gone.

For me, it goes for those guys as well. Everybody can do a better job. I'm fine with that. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

For me, it goes for those guys as well. Everybody can do a better job. I'm fine with that. 

IF you have so much tolerance that you are OK with consistant mediocre drafts and financial decisions...Good for you personal skills. Most Eagle fans are not this tolerant and they are not OK with the fiasco of this year.

Just now, Traveler Vic said:

IF you have so much tolerance that you are OK with consistant mediocre drafts and financial decisions...Good for you personal skills. Most Eagle fans are not this tolerant and they are not OK with the fiasco of this year.

First, I only speak for myself. Second, I said I'm fine with everybody doing a better job. I don't need to see people fired just to feel good. I only want to see things turn around. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The answer to your question is: what player or coach hasn't done better in the past? 

Also, if Seattle is considered one of the "very best teams," what are you even worried about? I'm not going to lie and say we've been playing well. We haven't. I'm not going to list reasons why you should be optimistic, because I don't have any. All I can say is that the way we have been performing as a team is very disappointing. It's very disappointing because this league is wide open. There are no teams out there that scare me if this Eagles team (yes, the same team that has failed miserably through the 1st 10 games) actually performed like they are capable. In other words, I'm not worried about Seattle, New Orleans, Kansas City, etc... I'm only worried about how the Eagles are playing. 

I guess I have little faith in this team turning it around this year since (1) they started off the year playing poorly and continue on a downward trajectory as we prepare to enter the final quarter of the regular season, and (2) other teams that were playing just as poorly earlier in the season have now begun to play better ... they are now an upward trajectory (in particular considering the 3 other teams in our division which leads me to think our chances, even in a historically putrid division, aren’t that good anymore to go anywhere this year).

I suppose that could all change if they manage to go out and beat Seattle this weekend and then win one of the next 2 against either GB or NO but I just don’t see that happening.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I guess I have little faith in this team turning it around this year since (1) they started off the year playing poorly and continue on a downward trajectory as we prepare to enter the final quarter of the regular season, and (2) other teams that were playing just as poorly earlier in the season have now begun to play better ... they are now an upward trajectory (in particular considering the 3 other teams in our division which leads me to think our chances, even in a historically putrid division, aren’t that good anymore to go anywhere this year).

I suppose that could all change if they manage to go out and beat Seattle this weekend and then win one of the next 2 against either GB or NO but I just don’t see that happening.  

I certainly wouldn't be betting the ranch on the Eagles. Still, I couldn't care less what other teams are doing or how they are trending. I only care about 1 team and so far, it has been an awful season. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

First, I only speak for myself. Second, I said I'm fine with everybody doing a better job. I don't need to see people fired just to feel good. I only want to see things turn around. 

We both want the same thing..Philadelphia Eagles to Get Better...But I honestly think that Roseman reached the end of the line making mistakes as far as i am concerned. Even if  Howie will have many, many more chances to screw up this team..it doesn't mean that he should. It all starts with Howie. He put this, his, team together and it stinks. Howie has to Go. Until he is gone, I truly believe no meaningful change can take place.

6 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

We both want the same thing..Philadelphia Eagles to Get Better...But I honestly think that Roseman reached the end of the line making mistakes as far as i am concerned. Even if  Howie will have many, many more chances to screw up this team..it doesn't mean that he should. It all starts with Howie. He put this, his, team together and it stinks. Howie has to Go. Until he is gone, I truly believe no meaningful change can take place.

I keep recalling all the "Groh must go" crap. Well, Groh was canned and I guess we found out he wasn't the problem at all. Some of Howie's disappointing picks have moved on and are having success outside of our system / coaches. Yeah --- we can give him the boot and , maybe he's the problem, maybe he's not. To me, firing  someone is a reaction. I only care about results. If the firing doesn't help anything (i.e. Groh), then what's the point?

• Like 2

I really don't want them to win. Winning some meaningless games is fools gold like last year. Im glad they are playing 4 playoff teams in their last 6 games and it won't bother me at all if they go 0-6. My only concern after that is Howie and who he drafts.

• Like 3

I'm conflicted. I feel like the worst thing this team could do is win the division because they aren't good enough. They need top tier draft picks. However, I feel like Howie will find a way to F it up and draft another JJAW.

it's not just the draft pick if the Eagles win the division but the strength of schedule as well. If they lose the division, then higher draft pick and easier schedule, makes for a rebound next year. 

• Like 1

I went for 'I don't even care anymore' but let me provide some context behind that.

I never want us to lose. When it comes to game day I am invested in this team no matter what. We can discuss the merits of losing out and getting a top 10 (or even 5) pick. We can discuss the merits of making the play offs and getting the young guys some valuable play off experience. There are arguments on both sides.

But at this point... This is just a bad bad football team. This team in any other division would be looking at their season being over. This division sucks and that is the only reason this season is still alive and we are still relevant.

If we make the play offs then fine. We can all get excited and we can all start to convince ourselves that they can turn things around and maybe they can win a couple of play off games. If they don't then we can look forward to changes and a very high draft pick. Either way at this point works for me to be honest. This team isn't going deep in the play offs though. This team is not a team that are going to get things right because this is a bad football team lets be honest. The offense sucks, the scheme sucks and as a result the QB and play calling suck. The defense is good at times but is flawed and gives us points and yards at critical moments.