Do you want to win the East?

Infam

Win or nah?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the East and get that playoff game, or that draft pick?

• I'll always want us to win. Besides Roseman sucks drafting anyways.
    • God no, why throw away the future for bragging rights?
    • I don't even care anymore.

I am over it....I never want them to lose but at this point it just might be the best thing. I can't think of a single team on the remaining schedule that they can beat, at this point. Doug is insistent that he is not changing QB's and I feel like that is a major mistake on his part. It just makes no sense to me to sneak into the playoffs just to get bounced out early....

The winner of the 2020 NFC East will be a quiz night answer and the principle argument for changing the playoff qualification criteria forever and ever and ever unless by some cockeyed miracle they run the table from here, the other 3 will be forgotten almost instantly. 

We aren't going to run the table from here playing like we are, so I'll settle for 6 entertaining football games, where we at least look like a professionally coached football team but pluckily lose from here on out.

I'd settle for that but I don't think we get past the next 4 games without at least one absolutely historic shellacking, probably against the Packers, Rodgers and Davante Adams against this secondary?  Sheeeee-it

You're still talking about winning the division, but I've got some bad news. We're barely hanging on, and that was the easy part of our schedule.  A 4 or 5 win season is what we're looking at right now, we're about to drop games to the Seahawks, Packers, Saints and probably Cardinals.  

45 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The winner of the 2020 NFC East will be a quiz night answer and the principle argument for changing the playoff qualification criteria forever and ever and ever unless by some cockeyed miracle they run the table from here, the other 3 will be forgotten almost instantly. 

We aren't going to run the table from here playing like we are, so I'll settle for 6 entertaining football games, where we at least look like a professionally coached football team but pluckily lose from here on out.

I'd settle for that but I don't think we get past the next 4 games without at least one absolutely historic shellacking, probably against the Packers, Rodgers and Davante Adams against this secondary?  Sheeeee-it

In truth, a shellacking this week wouldn’t be too surprising either. Any of the next 4 really. 

• Like 2

I'm incapable of wanting anything other than my favorite team to win as long as there are meaningful games left to be played. 

• Like 3

High draft pick, please.

And they really can't win the Division. No NFC East team has repeated as Division Champs in like 10 years or more, I think. Furthermore, the remaining schedule is really tough, even for a good Iggles team. Which this team is NOT.

I think there's more to gain by losing out, it may cause Lurie to make the required changes and it'll definitely render higher draft picks. 

I would love to see us go undefeated the rest of the season, win the east and go deep into the playoffs, if we turn this sheet show around. If they keep playing like they have we won't have to worry about it.

• Like 2

I hope they completely dismantle this ish show. Get rid of Doug, Schwartz, and Carson and start fresh. If it takes losing out, so be it.

I want to come in 4th in hopes heads will roll. This is unacceptable. The rest of the division is without a franchise qb and apparently we are too even though we paid for one.... yea no changes NEED to happen in Philly as this is a total embarrassment. 

GM & coaching needs refreshing.

2 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

I want to come in 4th in hopes heads will roll. This is unacceptable. The rest of the division is without a franchise qb and apparently we are too even though we paid for one.... yea no changes NEED to happen in Philly as this is a total embarrassment. 

GM & coaching needs refreshing.

I've been there, said that and felt that way. But I do think we are moving towards major changes regardless of what happens. I mean if we go on a tear and win the next 5 games and win a play off game then that probably changes things again... But I doubt very much that is happening. This team is finishing with a losing record and I think heads will roll.

Anyone who doesn't want the Eagles to win because they think it will result in a better draft pick or someone getting fired isn't a 'True Fan'.

True fans always root for the Eagles to win

So all you untrue fans stfu 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not even that angry. this was a bad year, with lots of bad decisions.. but as an organisation I believe we are still fine. 

I don't buy that we are as bad as our record says we are when it comes to talent. I still think DP and Wentz could very well have a decent season - next year.

But we need a perfect draft for once. And if we do, all this sh... will be forgotten in no time, and all the media-idiots will fall in line and be like: Oh, but we always knew DP and Wentz were good all along. I feel you though, watching Wentz throw right now is just painful.

4 hours ago, Perforator said:

Anyone who doesn't want the Eagles to win because they think it will result in a better draft pick or someone getting fired isn't a 'True Fan'.

True fans always root for the Eagles to win

So all you untrue fans stfu 🙂

Nah i don't think that i will. 🙂

Im a season ticket holder for many many years. I always will root for them to win every game. However Im also very realistic and know they are really bad. I dont see them winning the NFC east so it doesnt matter if I actually want them to win it or not. But no even though I root for them every game to win, I hope they dont win it. This team needs change in the coaching staff and FO and that comes when the team and owner is embarrassed about how their team did. I dont want another excuse that they won the weakest div of the season to keep this staff. Funny part is who ever wins this div should be an embarrassment anyways. 

• Like 1

I say no. Winning this division will hide this team's flaws. Which we have too many by the way to make an impact in the playoffs.  I am ready to write off this season and reboot for for next year.....

On 11/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, Mike030270 said:

I want to see us playing well but I don't want to win the division because I can't see us going deep into the playoffs

Howie needs to go and that's not happening if we win the division

I want Howie to go as well but what if some of these guys he is drafting can actually play but maybe the coaches arent using them right?  Is he really to blame?  I'm just not sure.  

Of course not every GM is going to hit on their draft picks.  Even good GMs make terrible choices.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

You're still talking about winning the division, but I've got some bad news. We're barely hanging on, and that was the easy part of our schedule.  A 4 or 5 win season is what we're looking at right now, we're about to drop games to the Seahawks, Packers, Saints and probably Cardinals.  

If we had any resemblance of a playoff team we would have beat the NYG and Cleveland to be 5-4-1 right now.  

I dont think the team has given up but they probably are thinking to themselves that this season is going nowhere so what's the point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I want Howie to go as well but what if some of these guys he is drafting can actually play but maybe the coaches arent using them right?  Is he really to blame?  I'm just not sure.  

Of course not every GM is going to hit on their draft picks.  Even good GMs make terrible choices.

Yes. Don't doubt yourself. He's kicked the can down the road on contracts and has drafted bad. He needs to go

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Yes. Don't doubt yourself. He's kicked the can down the road on contracts and has drafted bad. He needs to go

Yeah there's no doubt he gave bad contracts to older vets just to be appreciative and loyal.  Hope he's learned that you cant do that.  No matter if certain players help you win a SB, you need to always move on and get younger.

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Yeah there's no doubt he gave bad contracts to older vets just to be appreciative and loyal.  Hope he's learned that you cant do that.  No matter if certain players help you win a SB, you need to always move on and get younger.

He hasn't learned that though has he. He talked about it during the off season and then brought back JP. And didn't cut Alshon and kept Desean around. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He hasn't learned that though has he. He talked about it during the off season and then brought back JP. And didn't cut Alshon and kept Desean around. 

Well bringing back JP on a cheap contract to replace Brooks seemed like a good idea to me. Nobody wanted Jeffery and I think everyone can see why, cutting him with that bad contract didn't look too good either (in hindsight that bum should've gotten the boot regardless, I agree).

Jackson, I had some hopes for him too. And let's not forget he does bring something to the team just by teaching all these rookie WRs.

There sure is some blame for Roseman, but when it comes to these three, I get why he did what he did.

Think of a man -- real life or fiction -- whose grit, strength, and determination you really respected. 

How would he answer this question?