Do you want to win the East?

Infam

Win or nah?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the East and get that playoff game, or that draft pick?

• I'll always want us to win. Besides Roseman sucks drafting anyways.
    • God no, why throw away the future for bragging rights?
    • I don't even care anymore.

21 hours ago, PDD said:

I say no. Winning this division will hide this team's flaws. Which we have too many by the way to make an impact in the playoffs.  I am ready to write off this season and reboot for for next year.....

Nothing hides this teams flaws

• Like 2

1 minute ago, greend said:

Nothing hides this teams flaws

Spot on. I think Lurie recognises the issues with this team. Whether he makes all the necessary changes is another matter. 

12 hours ago, wyote said:

Think of a man -- real life or fiction -- whose grit, strength, and determination you really respected. 

How would he answer this question? 

Alright, how about: "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

Right now, 4-7 is 1st place in the division, in other words, this team has lost twice as many games as won.  You think Vince would be happy with that?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wyote said:

Sounds like a quitter to me. Is that really the best masculine role model you have in your life?  

I guess Seth Joyner is a quitter. Or maybe you just love losers? 

8 hours ago, wyote said:

I really don't care what the score is or what the significance of the game is.

Winners play to win. 

Every damn game. 

Is that what you think the Eagles are doing out there right now? 😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂 Like I wrote earlier. People with rainbows up their bungholes. 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Alright, how about: "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

Right now, 4-7 is 1st place in the division, in other words, this team has lost twice as many games as won.  You think Vince would be happy with that?

Apparently he does. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Of course not. 

Sooo... do you think he'd want to win more games or lose more? 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Spot on. I think Lurie recognises the issues with this team. Whether he makes all the necessary changes is another matter. 

Again, you should let him know that you know what he needs to do. He probably has all that information clouding his judgment. You could cut right through that. 

Just now, wyote said:

Again, you should let him know that you know what he needs to do. He probably has all that information clouding his judgment. You could cut right through that. 

You should probably shut up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wyote said:

If he’d be willing to take my calls, I’d be glad to tell him. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You should probably shut up. 

This is not an argument for wanting the team you supposedly support to lose games. 

46 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If he’d be willing to take my calls, I’d be glad to tell him. 

You might have to work your way up, but given your expertise and judgement, that's only a matter of time. 

Normally I’d say yes absolutely we should win the NFC east every year we can but this year I’m not as definite. I say I’m not definite because would winning the division and having a home playoff game just paper over the cracks of what so far has been a bad year to watch this team ? 

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hear a lot of baseless rumors on this message board and after a couple days, many of them even become web articles --- which people then take as "whispers" even though they are baseless to begin with. But, did you ever give any thought to the idea that maybe some of the personnel decisions are handed down from Lurie himself? We just automatically assume that this decision or that decision was made by Howie or Doug, when it may be Lurie calling the shot. We have brought a lot of people back to the Eagles again and sometimes again and there's been one constant on all of them --- Jeffrey Lurie. 

Not an option, but I hope Dallas wins. 

That drops their draft pick into the 20's. They have some good young talent and with a few more pieces could be set up for some successful years. I hate them and want them to struggle for as long as possible, so preventing them from drafting Sewell or Surtain would be great. 

I always want to win. I don't think I could truly call myself a fan if I didn't want them to win or rooted against them. That being said, there have been many times over the years where Ive been indifferent, and this year is definitely like that. 

I don't want to see anyone get fired though. I'd be more pleased if we got our crap together with the people we have. I guess that's unrealistic thinking but that would be my preference. 

10 hours ago, wyote said:

This is not an argument for wanting the team you supposedly support to lose games. 

How many times! I don't want us to lose on game day. You don't have an argument. You have no opinion and that's probably for the best. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How many times! I don't want us to lose on game day. You don't have an argument. You have no opinion and that's probably for the best. 

Good for you (as long as you keep saying that). As you see, 49% of your fellow fans disagree as of the moment they voted here. Hopefully that's simply a childish expression of frustration rather than actual surrender, but that's hope against knowledge. 

On 11/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, LacesOut said:

High draft pick, please.

And somebody besides Howie making it.