Do you want to win the East?

Infam

Win or nah?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the East and get that playoff game, or that draft pick?

• I'll always want us to win. Besides Roseman sucks drafting anyways.
    • God no, why throw away the future for bragging rights?
    • I don't even care anymore.

10 minutes ago, wyote said:

Think of a man -- real life or fiction -- whose grit, strength, and determination you really respected. 

How would he answer this question? 

He would say this team stinks. 

4 hours ago, Infam said:

Well bringing back JP on a cheap contract to replace Brooks seemed like a good idea to me. Nobody wanted Jeffery and I think everyone can see why, cutting him with that bad contract didn't look too good either (in hindsight that bum should've gotten the boot regardless, I agree).

Jackson, I had some hopes for him too. And let's not forget he does bring something to the team just by teaching all these rookie WRs.

There sure is some blame for Roseman, but when it comes to these three, I get why he did what he did.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wyote said:

Yeah. So would he want them to win or not? 

He would turn away and stop wasting time on a bunch of losers. Furthermore wanting them to win and understanding they’re incapable of winning aren’t the same thing. Anyone who truly believes this team can win anything has rainbows, fairytales, unicorns shoved up their bunghole. The reality is this team isn’t good, the quarterback is a mess, the coach has no clue how to get him out of it, and their gm has more guys playing for this team off the junk pile than he has players he actually drafted. If this team does make the playoffs (and they won’t) they’re easily one and done. Frankly that could be the worst thing that happens, because it will fool them (and the rainbow bunghole people) into thinking of doing the same crap one more year to watch it fail again. Funny though, cause McNabb got this team to 5 NFC Championship games and all I hear is people call him a choke and a loser, yet Wentz can barely win nine games, can’t win in the playoffs, and right now looks like the worst quarterback in football yet all I see is people kiss his beanbag. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He would turn away and stop wasting time on a bunch of losers. Furthermore wanting them to win and understanding they’re incapable of winning aren’t the same thing. Anyone who truly believes this team can win anything has rainbows, fairytales, unicorns shoved up their bunghole. The reality is this team isn’t good, the quarterback is a mess, the coach has no clue how to get him out of it, and their gm has more guys playing for this team off the junk pile than he has players he actually drafted. If this team does make the playoffs (and they won’t) they’re easily one and done. Frankly that could be the worst thing that happens, because it will fool them (and the rainbow bunghole people) into thinking of doing the same crap one more year to watch it fail again. Funny though, cause McNabb got this team to 5 NFC Championship games and all I hear is people call him a choke and a loser, yet Wentz can barely win nine games, can’t win in the playoffs, and right now looks like the worst quarterback in football yet all I see is people kiss his beanbag. 

Sounds like a quitter to me. Is that really the best masculine role model you have in your life?  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wyote said:

Sounds like a quitter to me. Is that really the best masculine role model you have in your life?  

Jesus, let it go, if you want to wish wish wish your way to being the shiniest turd on the NFC East pile then no-ones stopping you, like Easy said, there's a difference between wanting them to lose and not believing they can win. 

Winning the NFC East at 5-10-1 (and that will be our record best case scenario at seasons end) would be the most pointless division title in the history of American team sports, it would be a title based solely on the league artificially dividing conferences to keep major TV markets involved in the NFL play off race the whole season, and it would be used as a sop by those that still believe the post Superbowl mediocrity (and compared to winning it all, it has been mediocrity), is solely because of injuries, to excuse standing pat yet again on the staff side.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Jesus, let it go, if you want to wish wish wish your way to being the shiniest turd on the NFC East pile then no-ones stopping you, like Easy said, there's a difference between wanting them to lose and not believing they can win. 

Abort abort abort. Don't bother engaging with this particular individual it is a waste of your time bud. 

😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Winning the NFC East at 5-10-1 (and that will be our record best case scenario at seasons end) would be the most pointless division title in the history of American team sports, it would be a title based solely on the league artificially dividing conferences to keep major TV markets involved in the NFL play off race the whole season, and it would be used as a sop by those that still believe the post Superbowl mediocrity (and compared to winning it all, it has been mediocrity), is solely because of injuries, to excuse standing pat yet again on the staff side.

I really don't care what the score is or what the significance of the game is.

Winners play to win. 

Every damn game. 

5 minutes ago, wyote said:

I really don't care what the score is or what the significance of the game is.

Winners play to win. 

Every damn game. 

I don’t expect the team itself to take on that mentality. The team sucks and will keep on losing on their own merit. I as a fan, who has no effect on the outcome of a game, despite the claims of some, can however hold the belief that losing is more likely to have a net positive effect sooner than winning a few meaningless games will. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t expect the team itself to take on that mentality. The team sucks and will keep on losing on their own merit. I as a fan, who has no effect on the outcome of a game, despite the claims of some, can however hold the belief that losing is more likely to have a net positive effect sooner than winning a few meaningless games will. 

You think the team itself is losing intentionally? I don't think so. 

"... as a fan, who has no effect on the outcome of a game ..." 

Not only are you eager to surrender games, you're eager to surrender your responsibility - even the tiniest little bit of it.

It's just sad. What happened to manhood in our culture? 

7 minutes ago, wyote said:

Not only are you eager to surrender games, you're eager to surrender your responsibility - even the tiniest little bit of it.

What happened to people just shutting up. You don't want us to have an opinion so why don't you just do us all a favour and leave?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What happened to people just shutting up. You don't want us to have an opinion so why don't you just do us all a favour and leave?

Your whining is not going to make me leave.

Poll shows that just over a quarter of the fans here still want the Eagles to win. 

So you're winning for now. But the game ain't over yet and I'm not done fighting. If you want someone to take their ball and go home, do it yourself. 

31 minutes ago, wyote said:

Reading comprehension isn’t your strength, therefore, there is no sense continuing as I never said anything in the bolded part. My comment clearly was the opposite. Read it a few more times, or have someone read it to you. 

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Reading comprehension isn’t your strength, therefore, there is no sense continuing as I never said anything in the bolded part. My comment clearly was the opposite. Read it a few more times, or have someone read it to you. 

My post said that winners play to win. 

Your post said the Eagles don't have that mentality. 

32 minutes ago, wyote said:

My post said that winners play to win. 

Your post said the Eagles don't have that mentality. 

Try reading again or have someone read it to you. I said I DON’T expect the team to take on that mentality. You got it wrong dude. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Try reading again or have someone read it to you. I said I DON’T expect the team to take on that mentality. You got it wrong dude. 

You mean you don't expect them to take on YOUR mentality? 

If that's what you meant, I hope you're right about that. 

As this poll shows, the majority of Eagles fans are once again obstacles that the team has to overcome. 

1 minute ago, wyote said:

You mean you don't expect them to take on YOUR mentality? 

If that's what you meant, I hope you're right about that. 

As this poll shows, the majority of Eagles fans are once again obstacles that the team has to overcome. 

The poll results have zero effect on what happens on the field. None. Zip. Zilch. 

Tell me about a time when the head coach or QB gave a press conference where they said: "You know, we had them beat until the final minutes, but then we remembered the poll results on the message board, and it all got away from us.” 

You’re still on a soapbox making an ass of yourself. 

The poll results have zero effect on what happens on the field. None. Zip. Zilch. 

Tell me about a time when the head coach or QB gave a press conference where they said: "You know, we had them beat until the final minutes, but then we remembered the poll results on the message board, and it all got away from us.” 

You’re still on a soapbox making an ass of yourself. 

Of course that's not how it works, and I respect your intelligence too much to take that seriously. 

You know that the fans have a powerful effect on the attitude and mentality of the players, coaches, and everyone else involved with the team. You're a part of the beast whether you like it or not.

The question is whether you're really on our side or not, whether you're choosing to act in ways that help or ways that hinder. Pretending not to believe that you can hinder the team is merely a smokescreen.

Here's the fact: You're not man enough to stand with this team and suffer through a losing season. It hurts too much and you can't take it. So you want to give up and walk away, and pretend that it's because you're too good for us. Too smart for all of us. 

You do what you have to do, bro. I can't give you strength you don't have. 

25 minutes ago, wyote said:

Of course that's not how it works, and I respect your intelligence too much to take that seriously. 

You know that the fans have a powerful effect on the attitude and mentality of the players, coaches, and everyone else involved with the team. You're a part of the beast whether you like it or not.

The question is whether you're really on our side or not, whether you're choosing to act in ways that help or ways that hinder. Pretending not to believe that you can hinder the team is merely a smokescreen.

Here's the fact: You're not man enough to stand with this team and suffer through a losing season. It hurts too much and you can't take it. So you want to give up and walk away, and pretend that it's because you're too good for us. Too smart for all of us. 

You do what you have to do, bro. I can't give you strength you don't have. 

Nice try. I sat through 1994, and knew a change was needed. I sat through 1998, and knew a change was needed. I sat through 2012, and knew a change was needed. I sat through 2015 and knew a change was needed, and I’ve sat through this season and I know a change is needed. You seem to think that feeling a change is needed is akin to jumping ship and no longer being a fan of the team. You’re dead wrong. Fans have every right to voice a displeasure with the direction a team is taking, especially when it’s obvious certain things aren’t working. You are more than welcome to remain a blind optimist all you like. Just remember, you’ve essentially waived your right to complain about anything going forward. 

• Like 1

Nice try. I sat through 1994, and knew a change was needed. I sat through 1998, and knew a change was needed. I sat through 2012, and knew a change was needed. I sat through 2015 and knew a change was needed, and I’ve sat through this season and I know a change is needed. You seem to think that feeling a change is needed is akin to jumping ship and no longer being a fan of the team. You’re dead wrong. Fans have every right to voice a displeasure with the direction a team is taking, especially when it’s obvious certain things aren’t working. You are more than welcome to remain a blind optimist all you like. Just remember, you’ve essentially waived your right to complain about anything going forward. 

I don't think that my insight into whether and when a change is needed has much value, but I will complain if I ever feel it would help the team. 

I wonder if you all are going to notify us when you start wanting the team to win again. 

13 minutes ago, wyote said:

I don't think that my insight into whether and when a change is needed has much value, but I will complain if I ever feel it would help the team. 

I wonder if you all are going to notify us when you start wanting the team to win again. 

Did you wish to be on my text notification list?

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Did you wish to be on my text notification list?

No, thank you. Maybe we could just do a poll every week. 

I get that you should stand by your team, and respect that opinion. It's not that I won't be watching or anything.

But if we came out of this season with 10+ losses and pick at 19 I for one would feel... cheated.

2 hours ago, wyote said:

Your whining is not going to make me leave.

Poll shows that just over a quarter of the fans here still want the Eagles to win. 

I don't know how many freaking times I have to tell you this. Every single game day I want the Eagles to win. I may make a case that losing could help them longer term but I want them to win every game.