Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Put him on IR and tank for a real QB. Howie is missing his opportunity. He'd also get fired so it's a win win. 

Spencer Rattler 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is a ****? Isn't very good?

:huh:

Did you watch any Oklahoma games last year? First 4 games of the year he struggled mostly because he was forcing throws... the 2nd half of the season he lit it up after he was benched in the 2nd half of a game

Just now, Godfather said:

:huh:

Did you watch any Oklahoma games last year? First 4 games of the year he struggled mostly because he was forcing throws... the 2nd half of the season he lit it up after he was benched in the 2nd half of a game

Hurts lit it up at Oklahama yet you're willing to write him off? I saw enough of Rattler to decide in my opinion he's nothing special. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hurts lit it up at Oklahama yet you're willing to write him off? I saw enough of Rattler to decide in my opinion he's nothing special. 

Hurts accuracy and arm strength will always hunt him

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

And like I said I saw nothing special about Rattler plus he's a diva.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And like I said I saw nothing special about Rattler plus he's a diva.

:roll:

11 hours ago, Vileborg said:

Hurts went to the hospital. Had a stomach infection. Told to rest for a few days but will be fine.

I know you guys want to be the first to break news and start a topic, but for the love of god post a link or tweet with evidence.  It takes 10 seconds to google an article and post a link at least.  Here:

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-qb-jalen-hurts-out-vs-patriots-because-of-illness-not-covid-19-related

Eagles' Jalen Hurts sent to hospital, 'going to be OK' after late scratch vs. Pats because of stomach illness

Philadelphia's presumed starter was ruled out against the Patriots shortly after kickoff and sent to the hospital with an illness.

Eagles coach Nick Sirianni told reporters afterward that Hurts wasn't feeling well when he arrived at Lincoln Financial Field, but wanted to go through warmups in an attempt to play. With pain in his stomach lingering, the second-year-QB left the stadium to get evaluated. The team said the issue is not COVID-19 related, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

"Everything's good, and he's going to be OK," Sirianni said. "He had pain in his abdomen, which, for a guy like that to tell us, he's a tough guy, so it must have been hurting him pretty good for him to let us know about that."

43 minutes ago, greend said:

Is his rumbly tummy okay now?

Weird that it came on that fast, he was warming up and dancing just before.

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Accuracy is a result of mechanics, which can be coached. 

His arm strength is fine. May not have a howitzer but it’s plenty strong to be a successful nfl QB. To an extent this is also something that can be improved with better throwing mechanics. Better mechanics means more torque leading to improved velocity. 

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Out there goofing around like McNabb

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Accuracy is a result of mechanics, which can be coached. 

His arm strength is fine. May not have a howitzer but it’s plenty strong to be a successful nfl QB. 

With better footwork he will be able to drive the ball further down field too

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

With better footwork he will be able to drive the ball further down field too

Yep you quoted me just before I edited the part about better mechanics improving velocity. Just like plenty of MLB pitchers can improve the velocity of their fast ball with training. All about how much torque is transferred to the ball. 

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yup, weird is the word

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

At the risk of sounding old (not a Boomer, I'm GenX!), a lot of young players dance and goof around.  They work on their celebrations and dances.  The Eagles FB page loves posting all that stuff, there's more dancing and walking with "swag" then actual football content.  :lol:

My gosh, ever since I joined this board, I am beginning to see why people bag on Eagle fans so much!

Look, I am a Falcons fan too and we suck, but on that board we are trying to find a silver lining, here you guys are doing all you can to erase any slimmer of a silver lining. It is depressing!

You have a young, healthy, QB with a heart of a bull and all you do is bag on him! Why no give him at least 6 games?

You have the top receiver in college football, Heisman winner and bag on him because your backup QB that is running for his life can't get the ball to him!

And all of this is happening in the freaking preseason!! Lighten up and wait until the season starts at least! 

7 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

My gosh, ever since I joined this board, I am beginning to see why people bag on Eagle fans so much!

Look, I am a Falcons fan too and we suck, but on that board we are trying to find a silver lining, here you guys are doing all you can to erase any slimmer of a silver lining. It is depressing!

You have a young, healthy, QB with a heart of a bull and all you do is bag on him! Why no give him at least 6 games?

You have the top receiver in college football, Heisman winner and bag on him because your backup QB that is running for his life can't get the ball to him!

And all of this is happening in the freaking preseason!! Lighten up and wait until the season starts at least! 

…and these are our good traits

8 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

I take it you’re a fan of Hurts? Lol

You really do need to be a bit brain dead to rag on Hurts right now.  OMG, he missed a preseason game as precaution.  The horror of it all!!

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

You really do need to be a bit brain dead to rag on Hurts right now.  OMG, he missed a preseason game as precaution.  The horror of it all!!

I don’t think it was a precaution, he went to ER

29 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

First, you're a Falcons fan not an Eagles fan.  Can't be both.

Second, there are different opinions on Hurts.  There are fans who love him and think he's the future already and plenty of people talking about his strengths.  There is a small segment that "bag on him."  Most fans take the wait and see approach, he's a young QB and we have seen some good things but a young QB needs time to develop.  

My opinion is he has a lot of good qualities and every account of him says he's got great work ethic and displays leadership qualities.  He showed some good things last year, made some good throws in his first preseason game this year.  People are quick to make judgements but with a new coaching staff and system, we really just need to see him play this whole year and see how it goes.  Even then, with two 1st round picks (potentially 3), the Eagles love being the "QB factory" and if there's a potential stud QB they will take him.  

14 minutes ago, Procus said:

Same could be said if one were to think he’s saving the team

We don’t know anything yet

20 minutes ago, Procus said:

This is just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I don't think they care about winning this year for real.  Everyone says they're in it for winning.  But this is a "rebuild" (I know, there's not a true rebuild in the NFL).  Hurts was out so they also pulled a bunch of starters at the last minute and said why bother.  They probably wanted to evaluate Hurts with the starting O line but if he's not in there, why bother risking injury to O line and others.  

This is an evaluation year.  The new coaches and schemes, which players are going be part of Sirianni's plans going forward and which should be replaced.  Is Hurts the guy?  You don't want to risk Hurts getting injured or making his abdomen pain worse for just a preseason game.  They know he's the starter.  They also had no idea what it was when it came up all of a sudden, so best to take precaution. 

57 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

You should stop by for the game day thread it's even worse. 

You don't like us and we will cry about it 

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

First, you're a Falcons fan not an Eagles fan.  Can't be both.

Second, there are different opinions on Hurts.  There are fans who love him and think he's the future already and plenty of people talking about his strengths.  There is a small segment that "bag on him."  Most fans take the wait and see approach, he's a young QB and we have seen some good things but a young QB needs time to develop.  

My opinion is he has a lot of good qualities and every account of him says he's got great work ethic and displays leadership qualities.  He showed some good things last year, made some good throws in his first preseason game this year.  People are quick to make judgements but with a new coaching staff and system, we really just need to see him play this whole year and see how it goes.  Even then, with two 1st round picks (potentially 3), the Eagles love being the "QB factory" and if there's a potential stud QB they will take him.  

Not true. I have grown up a long suffering Falcons fans. I became an Eagles when McNabb was QB. I loved watching him play!!

After that I was a Falcons fan 1st and an Eagles fan 2nd. Just like I was raised a GA Bulldog, but attended Bama and I am a fan of both schools that hate each other. Bama is 1st and GA is 2nd.

Archived