Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

16 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Most of what I am reading is calling you out for attacking over your belief that Carson is obligated to speak...because McLane (and the hack Philly media) planted an idea in your head...and you believe silence = conviction. When its broken down, it is somewhat ridiculous. 

Most of us believe Carson needs to improve for the Eagles to win consistently,, but we know that he will speak when he wants/needs to.  At that point, you can cry or celebrate.  

Now, let's let this topic return to being about our favorite throwing RB.

Brian Westbrook?? :excited:

All he does is throw touchdowns! :thumbsup:

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really like to see what Hurts can do with a full normal offseason and actual reps. I'm sure whether by injury or sucky play by Wentz he will get another chance to prove himself this year. 

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'd really like to see what Hurts can do with a full normal offseason and actual reps. I'm sure whether by injury or sucky play by Wentz he will get another chance to prove himself this year. 

I already know what he can do.

Free Endurance Running animations and animated gifs.

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Brian Westbrook?? :excited:

All he does is throw touchdowns! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment

Can we get better than a 2nd for him? I think if Wentz will be the starter, what's the point of having Hurts rot on the bench? 

I'm not for this as I wanna see Wentz play under new leadership first. Just a thought that crossed my mind. 

4 seasons in a row, Wentz has not finished as the final QB.  Hurts was drafted for insurance, if you keep Wentz you keep Hurts unless some team makes you a great offer.  If they move Hurts they need a new backup and they have no cap room to sign anyone.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, Moderator6 said:

Whine about Wentz in the Wentz thread.

Get real, there's no discussing Hurts without discussing Wentz.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

4 seasons in a row, Wentz has not finished as the final QB.  Hurts was drafted for insurance, if you keep Wentz you keep Hurts unless some team makes you a great offer.  If they move Hurts they need a new backup and they have no cap room to sign anyone.

But we have a 2nd round pick! 

:whistle: 

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't see anyone giving up a 2nd for him

Except Howie. Unfortunately that doesn't help us. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

But we have a 2nd round pick! 

:whistle: 

QB factoriez!

23 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Except Howie. Unfortunately that doesn't help us. 

Howie is going to shock the world and trade Hurts to the Eagles for a 2nd round pick. 

And Lurie still won't fire him. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

This says it all. 4 season in a row he hasn't finished as the finale QB. I can't think of any franchise QB comparable to that.

I guess we now know what is going to happen with Hurts.  He is going back to the bench for at least a year in hopes that Wentz can turn things around.  Another top 10 pick here we come lol.

24 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I guess we now know what is going to happen with Hurts.  He is going back to the bench for at least a year in hopes that Wentz can turn things around.  Another top 10 pick here we come lol.

That’s fine with me as long as the Eagles don’t do something stupid like try to trade him

1 hour ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Regardless of QB they'll probably have another high pick next year thanks to the salary cap issue. Think about all the guys that won't be here or at least have a significant chance of not coming back...

Alshon, DJackson, Peters, Ertz, Barnett, Graham(?) Malik Jackson, JMills, NRC (can't remember if he signed for 1 year or multiple) Fletch (?) Maddox 

Should also state that I don't know any of their cap hits if cut or traded off the top of my head. Can you guys think of anyone else I forgot?

It's going to be a rough season...

1 hour ago, Br3 said:

That’s fine with me as long as the Eagles don’t do something stupid like try to trade him

It is perfectly fine if Hurts seats and studies under Nick. Nick will make Hurts a better QB, whether Nick can fix Wentz or Not. I am perfectly willing to suffer the year of "Repair Wentz", while I know that the same TLC and education is applied to Hurts. Hopefully the year after we will have a better QB performance with much lesser TD/interception ratio.

8 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Unless he would like to try out for RB?

On 1/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, XoqTionR said:

This says it all. 4 season in a row he hasn't finished as the finale QB. I can't think of any franchise QB comparable to that.

The knee injury really did end his season and of course had a long rehab time. The back injury was something he could have played with, but with Foles on the roster there was no need to prolong the healing process. Last year, he suffered a concussion. These days, that's something you have to expect from time to time. Because of the rules in place, that ends your game and there's no returning until you're cleared after a few days. Even though that happened in a playoff game that we ultimately lost, I wouldn't exactly label that the same as the knee injury. Lumping that with the others is just a cheesy attempt to promote a misleading narrative. The difference between Wentz with a concussion in 2019 and Mahomes  with a concussion in 2020 is that Mahomes' team was good enough to beat the opponent without him --- so he'll be able to be back for the next game. Obviously this year, Wentz was available (completely healthy), but kept out of the meaningless season finale. It's not like it was his choice. 

So if you want to say, "Well the facts are he was out... " I'm not going to disagree. But to paint it like we should be concerned because he was "out" of  last year's finale and this year's and it's some kind of trend following 2017 and 2018, then, honestly, that's just stupid. 

58 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The knee injury really did end his season and of course had a long rehab time. The back injury was something he could have played with, but with Foles on the roster there was no need to prolong the healing process. Last year, he suffered a concussion. These days, that's something you have to expect from time to time. Because of the rules in place, that ends your game and there's no returning until you're cleared after a few days. Even though that happened in a playoff game that we ultimately lost, I wouldn't exactly label that the same as the knee injury. Lumping that with the others is just a cheesy attempt to promote a misleading narrative. The difference between Wentz with a concussion in 2019 and Mahomes  with a concussion in 2020 is that Mahomes' team was good enough to beat the opponent without him --- so he'll be able to be back for the next game. Obviously this year, Wentz was available (completely healthy), but kept out of the meaningless season finale. It's not like it was his choice. 

So if you want to say, "Well the facts are he was out... " I'm not going to disagree. But to paint it like we should be concerned because he was "out" of  last year's finale and this year's and it's some kind of trend following 2017 and 2018, then, honestly, that's just stupid. 

He missed 8 games in 5 years due to injury the injury prone sheet is over blown and shouldn't even be a thing anymore. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Injury prone players usually see a lot of similar issues, generally soft tissue. For example, Alshon is an injury prone player, throughout his career he has been plagued by muscle and other soft tissue injuries. Wentz's injuries were different body parts and not consistently the same type of physiological tissues. The concussion really shouldn't be counted. Now days, a lot of players get concussions and they just can't be helped. Just look at the playoffs with Mahomes and Jackson getting concussions without the stigma of it being an injury. 

On 1/23/2021 at 2:24 AM, kentwo said:

Injury prone players usually see a lot of similar issues, generally soft tissue. For example, Alshon is an injury prone player, throughout his career he has been plagued by muscle and other soft tissue injuries. Wentz's injuries were different body parts and not consistently the same type of physiological tissues. The concussion really shouldn't be counted. Now days, a lot of players get concussions and they just can't be helped. Just look at the playoffs with Mahomes and Jackson getting concussions without the stigma of it being an injury. 

Yes it's mystery what Wentz is gonna bust each year. Ego or body part. Hope he gets it together. If not give Hurts a legitimate shot in few years.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:24 AM, kentwo said:

I think overall the style of play is causing 11 to get these injuries and not necessarily that he’s injury prone. It’s the same type of Alpha Male machismo that nearly all of his injuries have in common. Fighting for extra yards, holding the ball as long as possible, and trying to run over safeties. The guy simply doesn’t play smart with his body. Conversely Hurts throws it away and slides when he has to. One guy takes unnecessary punishment that adds up while the other guy doesn’t take unnecessary risks with his body. My biggest issue with Hurts is how loose he is with the football. He can’t keep fumbling as much as he does. 

54 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think overall the style of play is causing 11 to get these injuries and not necessarily that he’s injury prone. It’s the same type of Alpha Male machismo that nearly all of his injuries have in common. Fighting for extra yards, holding the ball as long as possible, and trying to run over safeties. The guy simply doesn’t play smart with his body. Conversely Hurts throws it away and slides when he has to. One guy takes unnecessary punishment that adds up while the other guy doesn’t take unnecessary risks with his body. My biggest issue with Hurts is how loose he is with the football. He can’t keep fumbling as much as he does. 

I think it's a bit of both bud. I know we agree on most things when it comes to Wentz but I think it's partly that he is injury prone and partly it is his playing style. I mean the injury against the Rams in 2017 was an unfortunate injury. It was also a QB trying to make a play and putting his body on the line a little bit but lets be honest it was a freak injury too. I think being a QB who can make plays with your feet also requires you to be smart. Wilson uses his feet to make and extend plays but he is smart with it, he doesn't put himself in harms way, he slides before he is hit and he gets out of bounds a yard or two early before a hit. We saw last week what can happen (Mahomes) when a QB looks to make a play and fight for those extra yards to get a first down.

Archived