Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

39 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think Dak is the best comparison.  Very similar build and athletic talents.  I remember hearing the exact same things about Dak as a passer when he was coming out of college that I heard about Hurts.  Only difference was Dak was fortunate to come into the league with what was the best offensive line and a dominant running gw that they used. 

Maybe, but Dak was immediately proven to be a starter when he got the chance.  Throws a nice deep ball, one of the better long ball guys in the league.  Main difference is Dak was and is a much better passer

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Freshmilk said:

Maybe, but Dak was immediately proven to be a starter when he got the chance.  Throws a nice deep ball, one of the better long ball guys in the league.  Main difference is Dak was and is a much better passer

Like I mentioned though, Dak was put in a far better situation as a rookie than Hurts last year.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah the fumbling is a major concern. He looks like he's worse than Wentz with it. 

Yeah he does. Which to some extent isn't a surprise as he's a runner so I would expect a greater chance that he fumbles at times. But regardless he's got to sort it out. 

47 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

On top of all this, Stoutland is still here. 

I would say, heading into 2021, the O-line is our most certain position. 

This.  Cupboard is not bare, but it is injured.  Not giving up on Dillard, and neither is Stoutland.  He's a LT-period.  Mailata may be able to cover both sides, and Driscoll showed a lot of promise.  By all accounts, Johnson's surgery went exceedingly well.  Seumalo showed signs of figuring it out, and Herbig gave a very good account of himself for a UDFA.  My 2 biggest concerns are C & RG.  Brooks is on guaranteed money, and can't stay healthy with a variety of maladies.  Kelce can pull the plug at any point.  Birds need to find starter/depth at both positions going into camp.  Add a TE who can help Goeddert with in-line responsibilities and they can do a better job balancing the offense if Siri wants to. 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think Dak is the best comparison.  Very similar build and athletic talents.  I remember hearing the exact same things about Dak as a passer when he was coming out of college that I heard about Hurts.  Only difference was Dak was fortunate to come into the league with what was the best offensive line and a dominant running gw that they used. 

He's about as similar to Dak as two qb's can be.  Just like Dak he has to clean up some mechanics to gain a bit of accuracy in order to be a successful prospect.  

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok athletic is the wrong word. They are different in terms of their athleticism. Hurts is faster, quicker and more agile. 

Way stronger, too. The guy is a power lifter.

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

even if hurts isnt the guy, at least we have the cap space to improve this team and not being stuck wentz's contract that will keep us in basement for 4 years, that was the reason we improved from 3-13 to 10-6 in the chip kelly era, we had a cap space, if we didnt have cap space we would in the basement and not have won the sb.

No cap space is gained for 2021.  Hurts will be on a team devoid of talent.

4 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts is more athletic than Dak and a better scrambler, although Dak is no slouch.  So if Hurts can even match Dak as a passer, that would make him an excellent player.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The world doesn't end in 2021.  Getting rid of your binky saves us ONE HUNDRED MILLION from 2022-24.  That will buy far more impact than keeping your boy around, which would be akin to lighting that $100M on fire.

21 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We had a bad year in 2020 ... at every level. This team has more talent than people want to believe. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We had a bad year in 2020 ... at every level. This team has more talent than people want to believe. 

I'm not happy with Howie but I believe this is correct.  If you take last year and just add in a healthy competent OL and competent QB play we would have won 8 or 9 games.

Next year will be bad because we have to shed a lot of veterans, but if things bounce correctly the team could win 6 or 7 games.

It’s kind of funny the same people after 4 games are convince Hurts can’t play still seem to think Wentz is elite after he’s been in decline over the past three seasons.... Hurts is going to have to prove he belongs on the football field and even if he does he will always have his detractors. Every quarterback does. 

On 12/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, NOTW said:

Spadaro trashing Wentz hyping Hurts and talking about the decision they have to make this offseason.

The narrative has been packaged and delivered. 

Link? 

2 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Link? 

2 hours ago, Thrive said:

That sounds made up.

Check the date of my post, 12/6. It was on the live post game show that day.

I lost a lot of respect for people. Everything really. It's not just the hate. It's the flawed sophist assumptions, totally incorrect and based on nothing but their own desire for it to be so, to reinforce their hatred, that really pisses me off. The Hurts hate. The front office hate. It's demagoguery at it's worst. And as long as one guy in the media does it, so do a million of his listeners. I'll say it again, because a lie is still a lie no matter how many people repeat and believe it:

We have a great owner and front office. Perhaps the best in the NFL. though I can't claim to know them all as well. I remember Leonard Tose. I remember Norman effin Braman. And the other thing is Hurts. 4 games I can't say he's Mahomes. But the kid is really good. You're all clinging to this guy who is finished with you. If being a fan of the Eagles means hating the ownership and players for made-up reasons they can't confirm. In that sense, I'll never be an Eagles fan.

The one thing that separates Brady from the rest is he’s the ultimate competitor. Always hungry and wanting more. Andrew Luck had all the talent in the world but took the easy way out. Looks like Wentz is doing the same. 

Hurts just might have that elite competitive gene in him. Based off the stories we’ve heard. 

Jalen is Reportedly getting together with eagles receivers in Texas this week.  Another site sign that Carson is as good as gone.  

I just hope fans don't turn on him too early. As an NFL QB, you're probably not going to be playing your best football until you're in your 30s. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

I just hope fans don't turn on him too early. As an NFL QB, you're probably not going to be playing your best football until you're in your 30s. 

Went beanbaggers already hate him for no reason other than he’s not Wentz. 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jalen-hurts-not-carson-wentz-182943542.html

Hurts trying to get some of the receivers together to workout and build chemistry together. Makes sense he would pick the young guys as the older guys aren’t likely to be Eagles anyway. The young fellow is showing some leadership. 

In these workouts, does Hurts throw the ball to the WRs, or do the WRs run routes while Hurts runs downfield?  Practice like you play, right?

Archived