Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

In these workouts, does Hurts throw the ball to the WRs, or do the WRs run routes while Hurts runs downfield?  Practice like you play, right?

Whatever happens it will be 100 times better than what we saw for the first 12 games of last year easy. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I don't really care who the starter is. I just hope our QB and WRs are on the same page. 

That may take time. Basically whoever starts at this point has to learn a new system and the receivers as well. It could take some time. 

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

In these workouts, does Hurts throw the ball to the WRs, or do the WRs run routes while Hurts runs downfield?  Practice like you play, right?

No he’s taking the Wentz approach. He’s going to keep throwing the ball over their heads. Work on that vertical leaping ability. 

11 hours ago, eagle45 said:

53 minutes ago, nipples said:

No he’s taking the Wentz approach. He’s going to keep throwing the ball over their heads. Work on that vertical leaping ability. 

Every 5th rep, he drops back, stands like a statue, then drops the ball and waits for someone else pick it up.  Not sure why. 

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jalen-hurts-not-carson-wentz-182943542.html

Hurts trying to get some of the receivers together to workout and build chemistry together. Makes sense he would pick the young guys as the older guys aren’t likely to be Eagles anyway. The young fellow is showing some leadership. 

More Politics.Divided locker room. More drama if this situation is not satisfactory resolved with Wentz...and quickly!!. You can not have to Chefs in one kitchen! Eagles wake up and do a deal.

41 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

More Politics.Divided locker room. More drama if this situation is not satisfactory resolved with Wentz...and quickly!!. You can not have to Chefs in one kitchen! Eagles wake up and do a deal.

I’m concerned that Howie is going to mess this thing up. If he somehow gets a 1st with all the extenuating circumstances I’ll give him high praise for it. Between the contract, Hurts already on the roster, Carson’s poor play,  plus his alleged bad attitude, and everyone basically knowing he wants out I don’t see a first here. If he pulls it off then he certainly deserves high praise. If he blows this he deserves high criticism. To me high praise is getting a first, and blowing it is failing to get a deal done at all. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

He's not a Wentz lover. Why does criticism of Hurts lead people to make a crack about Wentz? 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Every 5th rep, he drops back, stands like a statue, then drops the ball and waits for someone else pick it up.  Not sure why. 

I want to be clear on the fumbling comment, are you talking about Wentz or Hurts?  Seems like they both had a fumbling issue last year.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

Got a translation for this ??

No puedes tener cocineros en una cocina!
Vous ne pouvez pas avoir de chefs dans une seule cuisine!

Sie können nicht Köche in einer Küche haben!

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Sie können nicht Köche in einer Küche haben!

That would translate to: You can't have cooks in a kitchen. 😄

The German saying is: "Zu viele Köche verderben den Brei." (Too many cooks spoil the broth)

7 hours ago, Infam said:

That would translate to: You can't have cooks in a kitchen. 😄

The German saying is: "Zu viele Köche verderben den Brei." (Too many cooks spoil the broth)

Ya. Danke. Still.... The QB situation will only get worse if we do not resolve it quickly. Wake up Eagles and do a deal. 

I don't really think Hurts will be the future of the franchise, but I have to say that I've really liked what he has done these past few weeks. He seems like a good leader, so I hope I'm wrong and he becomes a great QB for us. 

I wonder if even during these preseason workouts with QB and WR's if JJAW just runs routes the entire time by himself and no one ever throws the ball to him.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:31 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

The Wentz throw to Boston Scott this year was better than any throw Jalen Hurts will ever make. Get out of here with YouTube highlights.

Or maybe post highlights of all the second half drives led by Hurts.

22 minutes ago, Swoop said:

The Wentz throw to Boston Scott this year was better than any throw Jalen Hurts will ever make. Get out of here with YouTube highlights.

Or maybe post highlights of all the second half drives led by Hurts.

Too bad Wentz had loads of more completely dog crap throws than Hurts had. 

Hurts was clutch as a rookie. 3 4th down TD throws. Almost like early career Wentz.  

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts was clutch as a rookie. 3 4th down TD throws. Almost like early career Wentz.  

Led the Eagles to points pn 2 of 22 second half possessions as the starter.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Led the Eagles to points pn 2 of 22 second half possessions as the starter.

That's the only stat you seem to be trying to desperately hang your hat onto.  I like how you IG ored my lost the other day though of how Hurts was mroe effective and the team more effective with Hurts in. 

I hope Jalen Hurts becomes a HOF QB for the Eagles and leads them to a fistful of SB victories. I suspect my hope will not be realized. Time will tell.

I think it is very realistic to have questions about Jalen Hurts, but to say he stinks after 4 games is nothing more than hate from the beanbaggers who blamed everyone and their momma for their god stinking for an entire season and declining for three seasons. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's true, he did. He's also made plays Hurts will never dream of making. Hurts has also fumbled almost as many times as Wentz in 8 less games. Hurts also had a dogshit completion percentage.

And this is not to say Wentz is without issue. It's more so to suggest that Hurts blows and will never be a franchise QB.

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

Hurts also had a dogshit completion percentage.

I think that's slightly overblown though. I think Hurts is a more accurate QB than Wentz. He's got better touch. His completion % was in large part due to throwing the ball away and being smarter in those situations. 

"LEFKOE: What do you mean when you said, 'The way he carries himself.' How does he carry himself?

"MILLS: [...] We played the Saints, what was it, Week 12 maybe, I think, before he started? [It was Week 13.] Up until that point of course Carson is the starter. I kid you not: after practice we have about, Doug would give us about two hours for recovery, to eat lunch, right before our meetings. An hour after practice, when I've showered, I've gotten a cold tub, I'm about to go eat lunch, an hour has passed by and I would - through out cafeteria there's a big glass [window] that looks out onto the practice field, and you would see him out there throwing the ball, still. Throwing the ball with one of the assistant quarterbacks coaches, working on his mechanics, working on his throws, working on rolling out, and I'm like, 'Yo, J, you've got 45 minutes to hurry up, eat, and shower to get to the meetings.' 

"But that just shows you he was preparing himself to where, if there ever was a moment where he got into the game, he wasn't the guy who was out there to be like, 'Okay, Carson's the starter, I'm just out here to be the backup, three to four plays a game I'm going to run the read option, run the ball.' It was, 'No, I'm preparing myself to be the starting quarterback, to make all of these throws.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jalen-mills-incredible-story-jalen-230345802.html

Hurts was out there working to get better even when he wasn’t even the starter. He was still trying to improve for the sake of his team. Anyways go on kissing the beanbag of your god Wentzamanicas. 

7 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I hope Jalen Hurts becomes a HOF QB for the Eagles and leads them to a fistful of SB victories. I suspect my hope will not be realized. Time will tell.

I think it’s realistic to have doubts about Hurts. Declaring he is going to stink after four games is a joke though. What gives me hope is that he’s not taking anything for granted and trying to get better. He doesn’t believe he’s arrived yet so he’s gonna work hard. He’s gonna keep asking questions. He’s striving to be better. The Eagles players keep talking about his leadership and work ethic. He wasn’t even trying to make waves and just by working hard pushed Wentz to the back burner. 

Archived