Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Infam said:

Is this a real opinion or are you trolling? 

How could anyone look at the four games Hurts played and come away with the conclusion he is a bad QB??? Are you blind?

Really?  What success he had, he mostly had by running.  What makes anyone think he's better than Cordell Stewart?  I did see a few throws.  I didn't see him reading defenses.  I didn't see him calmly hitting receivers on time and with accuracy.  I saw nothing that gave me hope.

- Hurts not expected to be the automatic starter.

- Eagles will bring in competition for the starting QB position.

- The extra picks gives the Eagles ammo to bring in a new QB.

Just now, AzBirdGang said:

Wow. This team is so dumb. I'm over the franchise. 

I wouldn’t stress over it. Trying to keep the kid hungry, but if they draft another quarterback it could really be a head scratcher. Knowing Howie he might be willing to take a guy at six he likes though.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I wouldn’t stress over it. Trying to keep the kid hungry, but if they draft another quarterback it could really be a head scratcher. Knowing Howie he might be willing to take a guy at six he likes though.

Lance is the guy that Howie will target, crazy high ceiling and he can sit behind Hurts for a while and learn.

25 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

- Hurts not expected to be the automatic starter.

- Eagles will bring in competition for the starting QB position.

- The extra picks gives the Eagles ammo to bring in a new QB.

I sure as hell hope they wouldn't just hand him the job and would bring in competition.  I don't think that necessarily needs to be the 6th pick though.  

14 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Lance is the guy that Howie will target, crazy high ceiling and he can sit behind Hurts for a while and learn.

Stupid reasoning I admit, but I have a hard time getting excited about Lance only because he comes from North Dakota State.  

Don't know what legitimate competition you're bringing in on a veteran minimum contract.

Crossing my fingers they don't go QB in the 1st...or anywhere in the draft really.

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Don't know what legitimate competition you're bringing in on a veteran minimum contract.

Crossing my fingers they don't go QB in the 1st...or anywhere in the draft really.

Eh, I think it makes sense to draft a QB somewhere in the mid rounds. Sudfeld isn’t a good enough backup, (and is a free agent I think?). 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Eh, I think it makes sense to draft a QB somewhere in the mid rounds. Sudfeld isn’t a good enough backup, (and is a free agent I think?). 

Hit rate on QBs goes down exponentially after the 1st round. A Hurts situation happening again (QB you love is there in the 2nd, can't resist) would be redundant. A mid to late round QB is a waste of a pick. Keep taking shots on the Quez Watkinses of the world and you'll eventually hit

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Hit rate on QBs goes down exponentially after the 1st round. A Hurts situation happening again (QB you love is there in the 2nd, can't resist) would be redundant. A mid to late round QB is a waste of a pick. Keep taking shots on the Quez Watkinses of the world and you'll eventually hit

I’m not talking about a starter. You need 2 if not 3 QBs in the roster. You don’t take a QB in the 5th round thinking he’s a starter. You take him as a developmental QB to hopefully be your long term backup. And if you get SUPER lucky maybe he turns into a starter, but that isn’t the goal. 

51 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I don't see Lance having a high ceiling. 

58 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

What exactly would he be learning from Hurts?  It's not like he is a proven NFL starter and wouldn't grade out as well as Lance, if they came out together.  I could see Howie drafting a QB though, once Wentz is gone.

I'm betting that Howie rolls with Hurts as part of the QB factory.

15 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

They should just trade hurts too while at it and start over. Hurts is not going to be a long term starter in the league. 

And you know that based on 4 games in a season with no offseason program, real training camp and limited meetings?  

They will bring in some type of competition, draft pick or free agent (or both).  Open competition.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

And you know that based on 4 games in a season with no offseason program, real training camp and limited meetings?  

Yes plus his college tape. 

The guy can’t throw to the middle of the field. That’s not going to cut it as a starter.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even still he kept moving the football and putting the team in position to score.

No he didn't.  Here are the drives besides the two scoring drives.

5 plays, 25 yards, punt

2 plays, 0 yards, int

3 plays, 0 yards, punt

2 plays, 7 yards, half

3 plays, 7 yards, punt

8 plays, 30 yards, punt

7 plays, 11 yards, downs

So taking out the end of half drive, 28 plays, 73 yards, 2.6 yards per play, 4 punts and 2 turnovers.

31 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

They should just trade hurts too while at it and start over. Hurts is not going to be a long term starter in the league. 

Cool.  Can you tell me the winning Lotto numbers for next week?

20 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

What exactly would he be learning from Hurts?  It's not like he is a proven NFL starter and wouldn't grade out as well as Lance, if they came out together.  I could see Howie drafting a QB though, once Wentz is gone.

I'm betting that Howie rolls with Hurts as part of the QB factory.

Never said he would learn from Hurts, just that he would learn, coaching staff, tape, experience etc.

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No he didn't.  Here are the drives besides the two scoring drives.

5 plays, 25 yards, punt

2 plays, 0 yards, int

3 plays, 0 yards, punt

2 plays, 7 yards, half

3 plays, 7 yards, punt

8 plays, 30 yards, punt

7 plays, 11 yards, downs

So taking out the end of half drive, 28 plays, 73 yards, 2.6 yards per play, 4 punts and 2 turnovers.

He got the Eagles to the redzone failed after four tries and they pulled him. If they thought he couldn’t bring them back he wouldn’t have been pulled. I know you’re hurting right now, but you’re gonna need to suck it up, get over it, and support the kid or whoever else is playing quarterback for the Eagles.

Let Hurts play a lot, take a look at what he has next year. The QB room will be awful anyways.

The team will stink next year, so if it's a 2-14 or 3-13 record, then you maybe get two good things: 1) Hurts is not the guy. 2) A top 5 pick.

Mess!!!

24 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Never said he would learn from Hurts, just that he would learn, coaching staff, tape, experience etc.

That is correct.  That is what you said.  i still don't know what the value would be to that for Lance to sit and watch (except that Hurts takes the beating).  He's a better QB talent than Hurts right now.

Archived