Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how Hurts would win an open competition in camp against an actual QB.  

Now, on this garbage team with their garbage OL, garbage weapons, and transitioning coaching staff/scheme, I also don't see how an actual QB could be more effective than Hurts running around like a RB/H-back combo.  

Apparently next year isn't a good year to draft a QB so this is the year if you want to do it, right?  Otherwise it would make sense to make Hurts the starter and see what you have the entire season.  Sign a veteran journeyman backup just in case.  If Hurts shows he's the answer you continue to build around him.  If he's not and they lose a lot of games they'll be picking high in 2022 and can draft a QB then...but if that class isn't good, I can see them drafting a QB at #6.

Then the Hurts vs rookie debates will happen all season.  Great.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That is correct.  That is what you said.  i still don't know what the value would be to that for Lance to sit and watch (except that Hurts takes the beating).  He's a better QB talent than Hurts right now.

Normally I would agree to throw the new QB into the fire, but I think given that Lance has only played 1 year full time and will have not played more than 1 game for over a year, it would be best to bring him along slowly. Let Hurts go through the Siriani growing pains.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Apparently next year isn't a good year to draft a QB so this is the year if you want to do it, right?  Otherwise it would make sense to make Hurts the starter and see what you have the entire season.  Sign a veteran journeyman backup just in case.  If Hurts shows he's the answer you continue to build around him.  If he's not and they lose a lot of games they'll be picking high in 2022 and can draft a QB then...but if that class isn't good, I can see them drafting a QB at #6.

Then the Hurts vs rookie debates will happen all season.  Great.

You never know at QB though.  Zach Wilson is the #2 QB in this draft now, possibly 2nd QB off the board, and was barely on the radar this time last year.  There may be a great QB prospect.

55 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Yes plus his college tape. 

The guy can’t throw to the middle of the field. That’s not going to cut it as a starter.

Damn, too bad it’s impossible for a 22 year old player to improve on aspects of his game. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

They will bring in some type of competition, draft pick or free agent (or both).  Open competition.

God I hope so. 

I guess it's time to start paying attention to the QB draft board. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

And you know that based on 4 games in a season with no offseason program, real training camp and limited meetings?  

Its obvious after he had months to learn and stunk when he came in

23 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Its obvious after he had months to learn and stunk when he came in

:lol: What? He wasn’t even getting starter reps until he was named the starter. That’s after having no offseason program like rookies normally do. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

:lol: What? He wasn’t even getting starter reps until he was named the starter. That’s after having no offseason program like rookies normally do. 

Don't waste your time. The Wentz people need to process their grief. 

43 minutes ago, nipples said:

Damn, too bad it’s impossible for a 22 year old player to improve on aspects of his game. 

Improve aspects of his game? This isn’t like improving mechanics or pocket awareness. 

The guy can’t make a throw to 50% of the field. He’s not going to magically solve that. 

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here is the play charts from the game.  Besides the two scoring drives, tell me which drive he got them into the redzone ??  He did not.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220260

I’ll put it to you like this (I know you are going through it and it’s why you’re harping on a few plays while ignoring a full 12 games of trash play) I will support Hurts or any other quarterback the team puts out there, but if Hurts isn’t getting it done I’m going to call him out on it. Hurts played poorly in the Skins game, but the Eagles were still concerned he could win the game so they pulled him. That’s the bottom line. 

LOL!  And off we go into QB purgatory......

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I feel like drafting a quarterback right now would just create the same mess the Eagles just left. Give it at least a year. Whoever they bring in will have the same problems to deal with and likely a long year of getting hit again and again. Let’s see what Hurts is made of, and use the pick to draft some starter level talent. Not just the first either. They better not waste the second on another "potential player” or a friggin backup again. 

Jalen, you know the deal, you're on a short leash.

I have no doubts that you can be great if you can get your accuracy together, that's what got Wentz run out of town, you have everything else in order. 

Tell you a little story, I was a damn good baseball player, 1st base, centerfield, and pitcher (Lefty), I was best on the mound, the first game I pitched I threw a 1 hit shoutout, striking out all but 4 batters.

Funny thing about it, I could never throw a football well.  As an adult a group of guys went out for a game of touch football, we rotated QBs.  I told one of the guys I never could throw a football worth a damn, he told me I was holding the ball too close to the center and hold it further back to the tip.  Sure enough, now I throw beautiful spirals that are on the money.

I could tell you the same story about my tennis game, my ground strokes were top notch but I could never serve worth a damn, simple tip and you don't want to be returning my serve.

If I were you, I'd contact who ever Josh Allen worked with, never in a million years would I have thought that guy would ever have any kind of accuracy worth talking about but he had it last year.  Often times it only takes a simple tip from someone to straighten you out.

Good Luck!!  

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Jalen won me over in this press conference gear:  :rock:

Hurts.PNG

Wasn’t that after he wore all that Houston gear? 😂🤣😂

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ll put it to you like this (I know you are going through it and it’s why you’re harping on a few plays while ignoring a full 12 games of trash play) I will support Hurts or any other quarterback the team puts out there, but if Hurts isn’t getting it done I’m going to call him out on it. Hurts played poorly in the Skins game, but the Eagles were still concerned he could win the game so they pulled him. That’s the bottom line. 

Carson Wentz is no longer an Eagle, we are talking about Jalen Hurts.  

You said he moved the ball, I proved he didn't.  You said he moved them into the red zone, I proved he didn't.

Just admit you were wrong on this subject and we can move on.

They were not concerned he could win the game, he only moved the ball with any production on 2 drives, and they said before the game that Sudfeld would play.

Remember, Hurts led the Eagles to points on 2 of 22 second half drives.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Carson Wentz is no longer an Eagle, we are talking about Jalen Hurts.  

You said he moved the ball, I proved he didn't.  You said he moved them into the red zone, I proved he didn't.

Just admit you were wrong on this subject and we can move on.

They were not concerned he could win the game, he only moved the ball with any production on 2 drives, and they said before the game that Sudfeld would play.

Remember, Hurts led the Eagles to points on 2 of 22 second half drives.

It’s four games bro. I’ll put it to you this way. If Hurts stinks up the joint (assuming the Eagles don’t draft another guy) in 2021 I’ll be right there with you. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s four games bro. I’ll put it to you this way. If Hurts stinks up the joint (assuming the Eagles don’t draft another guy) in 2021 I’ll be right there with you. 

Let's not forget, if Hurts stinks then this team very likely drafts high and can potentially pick a QB next year. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He will.  One read and run QB's do not work in the NFL, and he is not near as skilled as Lamar Jackson.

Archived